Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2004, 07:28 AM   #16
Catherine

What a great time you had! Thanks for sharing it with us in such great detail! I feel like I was there.
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:31 AM   #17
Elisha
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florrie
That's what I thought, but I have a crappy memory. Wasn't it around the time that interview appeared on an SMG site? From the 100th ep party?
Yup if my memory serves me correctly I believe both Jay and Penny were looking for an interview around that time. It amazes me that Charisma knows about that, it just goes to show what a down to earth and classy person she is, that she takes such notice of her fans.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:32 AM   #18
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argel
I met Charisma. I mean, actually met her. With names and hands and everything.
Do we have a jealous font? We may need one.

Thanks for the recap; sounds like y'all had fun, and did I mention the jealousy?
Old 04-30-2004, 07:48 AM   #19
Platypus
The Pointy End

Wow, Argel! Just... Wow! I'm so very glad you had a such a great time, and thanks for the excellent recap.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:52 AM   #20
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm
Do we have a jealous font? We may need one.
I do believe that would be the font of the day
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #21
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Wow Argel! That's so great I'm really happy for you and a bit envious. You are without a doubt the coolest person on the board now!

Your recap was so exciting and full of enegery, I'm sitting here with a big old grin on my face.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #22
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Stranger Things: Cordelia-Centric. Charisma-approved.
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #23
v120176

THANKS Argel!!!!
SO, she was treated like a tottaly star in the presentation? Like Cordy in "Birthday" ? I wish all the luck
Just a question... even if the shooting take a lot of time, how was the public reaction? Even if you're there because you're a fan, if it's boring or bad you end up boring, so how did the public take what they saw?

Thank you so much again....
Charisma really knows us!!!!!!!
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #24
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Thanks for the report! That is fantastic that you got to meet her. She seems really down-to-earth and appreciative of her fans.

Thanks for being such a great ST ambassador!

And... did anyone else pick up on the fact that she said her MOM said ST had been having trouble getting an interview? Does that lend more credence to the speculation that Chrissy is her mom? (I know, it doesn't matter really, but it's fun to speculate!!!!)

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:46 AM   #25
MoJo
Lost ME

I was smiling the whole way throught that post, I am sooooooo envious of you, but I'm glad she mentioned me by name (Stranger Things is my name actually)

"Heaven... Must be missing an angel..."
MoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:03 AM   #26
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Charisma is a very classy lady.

Thanks Argel. You vividly described your experience; so well in fact, that I almost felt I was there. I found myself grinning, and both happy for you and oh-so-very envious of you!

As I was reading your post, for like the third time, I kept remembering the sitcom scenes from "Birthday."

It's nice to get a real life confirmation that Charisma Carpenter is down to earth, and as nice as we all imagine her to be.

I have learned that the mark of a truly gracious gentleman or lady is that they can make everyone they meet feel special, and feel a little better about themselves.

It may be old fashioned to label a woman as "a lady," but Charisma showed us old fashioned manners and grace.

She acknowledged you, and gave you her time and attention. Even when interrupted by that other man, she remained poised and focused. She certainly did not have to. After all, you weren't a reporter she had to endure, or a producer she had to impress.

You were, like all of us here, a fan.

Her attitude and sincere charm made you, and all of us here, feel special.

And that, my friends, is why Charisma Carpenter is a lady.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #27
sacredgem

Oh. My. God.
I'm actually very hyper right now, I can't believe that, I'm so happy for you. That just confirms how lovely I knew she was anyway. Thanks for taking the notebook for her. When will we found out if the show gets picked up?
sacredgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 AM   #28
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha
Yup if my memory serves me correctly I believe both Jay and Penny were looking for an interview around that time.
That is correct, ma'am. And still are, in fact. It'll happen. [DaffyDuck] I can wait. I know how to wait. [/DaffyDuck]

Wow, Argel, what an amazing time you guys must've had! Congratulations -- and again, thank you maximum many times for taking responsibility for the folio!

ETA: Plus also -- thanks for taking those photos! Now the fact that I'm lame and I suck matters just a little less.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:36 AM   #29
Sugar Bliss
Good Advice Giver

I texted Emma with the news and she texted me back asking me to post a "Yay!" on her behalf.

Here goes: Yaaaay!

It sound like you had a great time, argel, Charisma sounds just as lovely in person as she is on screen.
Team Cordy™ #8

"For I am Satan" - Kath, MSN, 28th July, 2002

me, myself, and I

Sugar Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #30
Mistiec
creepy in a good way

Aww. She's so awesome. That makes me happy.

I was there as well - I was lookin' for you guys, but I had no idea what any of you looked like. :-) I'm so glad you guys got the note-book to her.

BTW? I was also sniggering like a fifth-grader when Wilson Christopher showed up. "RUN, CORDY! RUN AWAY FROM DEMONSPAWN MAN!"
Mistiec is offline   Reply With Quote