Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #46
Princess Cordelia
A/C...It's just Fate

Again posting, this pain isn't going away it feels as if i can't breathe, it was way too harsh ...

Joss can suck my toe, oh wait I don't want "DUMBASS" germs...
Princess Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #47
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Okay, the end... Cordy is an ascended being. She is good... When she said, "This isn't who I am any more." I could so see that she meant a corporeal being and *not* that she was giving up the fight. When she was talking about Doyle, and how he died so that Angel could keep fighting and how she "got" that now.

The exchange with Wes, I liked. Cordy showing some cracks about what happened to her with the possesion. There should have been more, especially with Angel and her over Connor, but at least there was something, some acknowledgement that it wan't her, and that she was upset over it.

She called Angel "Bubba" and "Champ" Hee! (It's a personal thing)

The kiss. The easy way DB and CC have. Their acting is effortless, and the show sorely misses it. AA hit the nail on the head. Cordy was the glue that put the "gang" in Fang Gang. She made them a family.

Shirtless Lindsey. *happysigh* Okay, so it made little sense , but the hoyay is alive, and I got a sense that there were probably a lot of inside jokes flying.

God, they should have had Cordy reacting to W&H like this from near the begining. Not only does Cordy humanize Angel, she humanizes Angel for us, the viewer. With him riding his ass, we would have gotten a lot more character development and explanation as to Angel's motives sooner. ME is stupid not to have used her as she was origionally intended. 'Shipping aside, she would have had a place this season. Visions or no. I know, that's what fanfic is for.

I feel that I am going to need a viewing or two to process. I caught Fred's look to Wes during the spell. Please let this season be the end of W/F. Eve needs to die. Die, Eve, die!

Queen C was back! I adored the snark, especially that first exchnge with Eve, and the scene in the hall with Spike.

Cordy may not have said love, but she did say she fell for him. Angel however, needs a good smacking.

Last edited by psychofilly; 02-04-2004 at 09:33 PM.
psychofilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:30 PM   #48
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Man, who can make moving avatars, I need to have one of those with Angel/Cordy kissing.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:32 PM   #49
LaLa247
Wooo!

I wanna know when did Lindsey and Angel turn into Xena and Callisto? Those flips- Whedon owes Tapert some mon-ay.

Let me just bask in that final scene. There was no way that could've been faked. No fuckin' way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullocks
Man, who can make moving avatars, I need to have one of those with Angel/Cordy kissing.
I want one too! But for LJ...I want that whole kiss, play by play.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:33 PM   #50
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyJubilee
I don't get it, how is peeing on himeself "scatological humor"....are you saying he pooed as well?
Nah, I was just using it as a catch-all for bodily function humour, even though technically it does relate only to excrement. My bad.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:36 PM   #51
LadyJubilee

Quote:
Originally posted by Platypus
Nah, I was just using it as a catch-all for bodily function humour, even though technically it does relate only to excrement. My bad.
I just wondered....I do some wild stuff, but even I don't do there.
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:39 PM   #52
Andromeda7_4

I loved the episode; but one tiny thing- why didn't Angel and Wes note that there was still a body in the bed, in Cordy's hospital room? I think that brief glimpse of a figure lying there telegraphed the whole thing; it would have been better if Cordelia had just run to meet them or something.

(Or did I miss something)?

Also, I liked the scene with Doyle; remembering him and the way he died sort of brought everything full circle.
And his death paralled Cordy's so well!

This episode was really cleverly plotted, imo.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #53
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

Best part: Cordelia's reaction when Spike says he was doing a "taste test". That look was priceless.

Well, I ran the emotional gambit. I laughed, I cried ( a lot), I snapped at the person who called my cell phone during a scene...

As far as character swan songs go, this was pretty damn decent. I would have liked to see a bit more Fred/Gunn/Lorne reaction, especially Fred, considered how dependent she was on a comatose Cordelia in season 4. But I realize its only an hour show. And, of course, I'm not lookin to take away any C/A time.
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:41 PM   #54
poWeRsThATbE33
The End

I love you guys so much! I'm crying right now too so for those who are crying dont feel bad.

Episode was BRILLANT!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:42 PM   #55
Jake

Quote:
Originally posted by psychofilly
Okay, the end... Cordy is an ascended being. She is good... When she said, "This isn't who I am any more." I could so see that she meant a corporeal being and *not* that she was giving up the fight. When she was talking about Doyle, and how he died so that Angel could keep fighting and how she "got" that now.
I hope you're "right" and hopefully we'll all come in time to view it that way. But I just didn't get that sense, and I viewed the whole hour for glimpses that would permit that belief. I honestly didn't see any (except perhaps the "be seeing you") - although I could certainly be missing something. Perhaps we'll get this view of her story in the series finale if she comes back for it. But it is really hard to hope for any positives when it comes to CC and this show. I've given up.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #56
littlelorie
C/A buff

All I have to say is God DAMN IT!!!!!!
I loved Cordy!
She was my favorite Character!
Other than Conner and Doyle.
I knew that she wasn't going to came back, but GOD DAMN IT!
This Bloody Royally Sucks.
I didn't think she was going to die!! I don't watch the show religiously anymore and don't read spoilers anymore, but this show really keeps me going.
Just like Glenn/Doyle she had a great end.
I. WE will always love you and remember what a impact you had on us and the show Charisma.

My C/A Site:In The World
My Angel friendship Fanlisting:We're Family
littlelorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM   #57
LaLa247
Wooo!

OH- did anyone noticed they used the instrumentals from the first episode? I loved that.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #58
mef2101
TiVoholic! Have pity.

Some disjointed, almost rambling notes:

Charisma Carpenter and David Boreanaz really made the episode. Everyone else almost faded into the background.

I cannot see DB play his character so effortlessly, and with such conviction, as when he is in a scene with Charisma.

His admission that he is lost without her seemed truly heartfelt, and echoes so much of what we are all noticing about the series this year.

They finally get the family feel.... for an hour, less commercials.

Even Spike was worked in well, and I am not overly fond of Blondie Bear.

Harmony, I feel your frustration: you should have been able to beat the shit out of Eve, than drained her blood for good measure. I suspect even the strongest of Harmony bashers may have cheered for her this episode.

I don't quite get how Lindsey got shirtless, although I am sure THAT did not bother the woman here on the board.

On the plus side for me, any fewer buttons undone, and Cordy would have been shirtless, too. Man oh man, is she one fine woman.

I enjoyed the episode.

Charisma's presence made everyone better.

Thank you, Charisma. You brought class and talent to the screen every time you became Cordelia Chase.

I will follow you anywhere.

Last edited by mef2101; 02-04-2004 at 09:47 PM.
mef2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #59
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullocks
I need a screencap of the kiss. My capture software for my ATI card went wonky (locked up my computer) and I lost the images I had taken during the episode.

I'm just gonna blame it on Poser like I do everything these days.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 PM   #60
Lilly Rose
Five/Tegan IS Love

Okay. My heart broke in about three different places tonight:

1) The scene where Cordy watched the video tape of Doyle. The minute that came on, I was gone. I mean *gone*. Some part of me hopes that the second Cordy goes onto her afterlife- if indeed she does- she seeks him out and they have one hell of a conversation.

2)The Wes and Cordy research scene left my heart in pieces all over the floor again. "Kickin' it old school" indeed. As a matter of fact, I think the Wes/Cordy bits affected me the most and I can't quite say why. I think it's the pain of losing what was once your bestfriend all over again. Unfortunatly I know all too well what that's like.

3)The end. Oh.My.Goddess. As those of you who attended con and ran into me know, I'm kinda lukewarm on Angel/Cordelia. That ending however, blew me away. The performances rocked my socks; I would go as far as to say that this was one of the best performances from DB ever. Charisma, of course, killed me. And that kiss was beautiful, sexy, moving, and tragic.

Please please please tell me there is someone chatting about this or AIMing because ye gods and little fishes I need to chat with other fans right now....

Lilly Rose
"I've traveled with a lot of friends. Some have been people I've loved, some have been people I've felt responsible for. Some were forced upon me, some I invited. Some I adored the company of, others drove me to distraction. Some have been strong, and some have needed protection. I can honestly say, I think you're the only one [Tegan] who was all of those things." Six to Tegan, "Fixing a Hole".
Lilly Rose is offline   Reply With Quote