Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
Will

The real Cordy in AtS S4?

Ive been discussing this with some friends but none of us seem to know for definite of at which point in Season 4 do we see the last of the real Cordelia.

I always took it as that the last we saw of the real Cordy in Season 4 was when she watching over everybody as a higher being and that when she eventually returns with the memory loss she is already under Jasmine's control. And then when Lorne does the spell it sets off everything in her, waking the beast.

Others seem to think that it is the real Cordy until Lorne does the spell.

What does everyone here think?

Cordy: I naturally assumed you'd be lost without me, but this?

Angel: I am lost without you.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
I think S4 was a disaster of epic proportions.

Also, I think coffee ice cream is really good.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
I think trying to make any sense at all out of season four is a fruitless endeavor.

Also, Rocky Road blows coffee ice cream away.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
I think S4 was a disaster of epic proportions.
Big time, though not as bad as S5 but still a disaster.

Cordy: I naturally assumed you'd be lost without me, but this?

Angel: I am lost without you.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
DamnSkippy

Considering the writers can't explain what they were doing in S4, it really is open to all kinds of interpretation. Although Fury states in his comments on YW that S4 Cordy wasn't her at all, so at least he believes she was Jasmine the moment she returned.

From the way it was portrayed, my impressions are:
1. Amnesia Cordy was a blank slate - just a being who had no memories so it wasn't Real!Cordy or Evil!Cordy.
2. After STB, Jasmine and Real!Cordy are stimulated into consciousness. R!C is freaked and doesn't understand what's happening inside her not to mention all the information she gained as a higher being and Jasmine is too weak to completely take over.
3. I think the moment she tells Angel she loves him but she can't be with him right now is the R!C and she's just too confused to really know what to do. This, IMO, is the Buffy-can't-feel syndrome being repeated. Back from the higher planes, she doesn't feel right and doesn't know how to handle it not realizing that the feelings she's having are Jasmine exerting her influence.
3. Gradually Jasmine is able to take control at moments, one of these moments being sleeping with Connor. The next morning, judging by Cordy's reaction to having slept with Connor, R!C is back in control and horrified by what's happening to her but still is too scared and confused to know what to do.
4. I can't tell exactly when Jasmine is in complete control, but she grew stronger quickly once she was "conceived" and is in full control by the time Evil!Cordy kills Lilah. This is supported when Jasmine says something like "if only it was a few weeks later" when she's trying to stop Willow implying she would be stronger the further along in the pregnancy. So it makes sense that she was rather weak in the very beginning and gained strength after conception and her corporeal form was developing.
5. Also her clothes and hair color are an indication of the gradual control Jasmine gains. As Jasmine gets stronger, Cordy's hair gets darker and her clothes get more...well...fugly.

And Pralines and Cream is the best ice cream every created!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
LisaMarie514
Lurking...who me?

I think in S4 we caught a glimpse of real Cordy in Angel's Raiders of the Lost Ark dream sequence before he gets turned into Angelus. It was a brief fleeting moment though.

I am a Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia addict and I am not ashamed of it.

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" Angelus - Passion BTVS S2

LM's Ramblings
LisaMarie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:11 PM   #7
LaLa247
Wooo!

Fuck that, have any of you actually tried Edy's Espresso Chip ice cream? It's like buttah, people. Like BUTTAH.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #8
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Fuck that, have any of you actually tried Edy's Espresso Chip ice cream? It's like buttah, people. Like BUTTAH.

Actually, no. I haven't even seen it. I'll put it on my list and make an effort to look for it because any ice cream that can make you *that* insistent must be at least very good.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
Clarice

I agree for the most part with what DamSkippy said.
When Cordelia return in the S4 we have a non Cordelia, not a real Cordelia nor an evil Cordelia. It's a transient state because Jasmine is not strong enoth to take the control of the body and the mind of Cordelia.
But I think we can't see the real Cordelia in all this, but only a fade reflex, because the real Cordelia in my opinion is the ensemble of all her emotions, all her ideas, all her experiences, all her memories. In the case of the Cordelia in the s4, before Jasmine took control of, we have a person with the aspect and the memories of the real C. and a resulting reflex of what were her emotions. An idea of a hypotetical-Cordelia if the reality was been different. Even after the spell, when we see that Cordelia regains her memories and also when Angel ask her if they were in love, I think we don't have a real Cordelia, because there can be a middle way.
In conclusion i hate s4 and all the autors -____- çç____çç
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:15 PM   #10
samsmom

S4 sucked liked a giant sucking thing. I hate what they did to CC, from the horsesh** storyline to the fucktastic clothes they made her wear. The *only* thing I find palpable about that season of suck was Angel's pain and jealousy after Apocolypse Nowish or Rain Of Fire or whatever it was called. I'll never truly forgive the other characters for not seeing how Cordy was drowning right in front of them.

But, from a narrative perspective, I tend to go with Damnskippy's assessment. Cordy was in there but blanketed, saying and doing things she couldn't control and being so confused by it, until she conceived Jasmine.
She must have been screaming inside when she was telling Angel she held his past against him, because even after being on the front lines of his rampage in SD, you know she didn't feel that way.

I love the glimpse of the real Cordy in Angel's perfect day dream, because it shows he loves her for the same reasons we do.

And apparently he has some sort of fantasy about her clothes getting ripped off a little at time.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #11
Platypus
The Pointy End

Season 4? Forget that. The last time I saw the real Cordy was before she went away on "vacation" with Groo. Whatever it was that came back with him, it wasn't Cordelia Chase.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:47 AM   #12
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Guys, guys, guys, none of you are doing this right.

What you need is to get plain old regular raspberry ripple ice cream, get a few scoops into a glass, and then pour over some coca-cola. Add a spoon, and you've got heaven.

Mmm!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:32 AM   #13
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert
Guys, guys, guys, none of you are doing this right.

What you need is to get plain old regular raspberry ripple ice cream, get a few scoops into a glass, and then pour over some coca-cola. Add a spoon, and you've got heaven.

Mmm!
Stop that, I'm on a diet! Do you want the last twenty pounds to reappear? Well do ya? God, for some reason that sounds really good.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #14
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
Stop that, I'm on a diet! Do you want the last twenty pounds to reappear? Well do ya? God, for some reason that sounds really good.
Maybe you could use Diet Coke and low fat ice cream? Oh who amI kidding... that does sound yummy though.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #15
Mr.Brightside
Queen Charisma...

Quote:
Ive been discussing this with some friends but none of us seem to know for definite of at which point in Season 4 do we see the last of the real Cordelia.

I always took it as that the last we saw of the real Cordy in Season 4 was when she watching over everybody as a higher being and that when she eventually returns with the memory loss she is already under Jasmine's control. And then when Lorne does the spell it sets off everything in her, waking the beast.

Others seem to think that it is the real Cordy until Lorne does the spell.

I believe the real Cordy was never seen in Season 4. The beginning of Season 4, there was Cordy with no memory.....until Lorne used a spell which woken Jasmine not Cordy...So there on, it was Jasmine who was doing everything and not Cordy. The only time we actually see the real Cordy is in Season 5 "Your Welcome".

"I grow up in Quor Toth....A Hell Dimension"
"Full of all sorts of things that you can't even imagine"

Mr.Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote