Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #46
landrews1

Hey!!

An update. We got lost in the re-org shuffle. I recieved my statement and the check had still not been cashed. The whole foundation has been re-organized, with a new website, a new lot of directors and better help :-), which is a good thing, strictly speaking. The property has been up-graded by the city from red-flagged to yellow-flagged. The foundation has dropped the dedicated block program though, and just wants straight donations. Using their new credit card payment ability, I finally got to make the donation. I put it under Friends of Angel, but if anyone wants to withdraw since we won't have a dedicated block, that's fine, I'll paypal you back. Sending PM's to make sure you all know. The new website is http://www.ennishouse.org/

Thank you for your efforts, Eric Lloyd Wright is now involved and I can't wait until I get a chance to actually tour this beautiful house.

Laurie

"The powers that be what?" - Angel, City Of

Thanks Psychofilly and Mistress Mab for the only avatars I own!!
landrews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:50 AM   #47
Pat

Thank you for the update. it's nice to see your hard work pushing things forward.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:41 AM   #48
Bryan

Smile The Ennis House

Found this......

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2007/0..._house_res.php
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 AM   #49
Little Heaven

That's awesome! Thanks for the link. I'm so pleased to see it restored. I visited with Laurie in 2005 - I think around the time the photos showing the worst of the damage were taken. I wish I'd been able to go inside.

Little Heaven's Fanfiction
Journaly Goodness
Little Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #50
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Heaven View Post
And while we were out and about, we also went to "The Hyperion", so here's a pic of that too, for good measure. The courtyard was open so we just wandered straight in *g*
Oh, shlz! Didn't you get goosebumps knowing you were in the place DB, CC and all the other actors were sometime?!! I mean, I think I would've fainted wondering if I was stepping in someplace David was standing in while filming an AtS episode...(fangirly, I know)

Yay, it's good to know the mansion's better! I love that house, even if I have never actually toured it. It's so beautiful. I did see the damage it's been under, and it broke my heart. Now it's fixed, and I'm sooo happy!!!!
bigbird811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #51
Little Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird811 View Post
Oh, shlz! Didn't you get goosebumps knowing you were in the place DB, CC and all the other actors were sometime?!! I mean, I think I would've fainted wondering if I was stepping in someplace David was standing in while filming an AtS episode...(fangirly, I know)
Not really, but maybe that was because the previous week I dined at a restaurant that DB had been eating at that same evening, and I'd missed seeing him by something like 20 minutes. Now THAT freaked me out. I'm still not over it...

Journaly Goodness
Old 10-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #52
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Whoa. Well, I wouldn't really blame ya. Though I think if it was me, I'd rather not meet him. I know I'd be stuttering all over and making a fool of myself, and I wouldn't want to do that in front of DB.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #53
Little Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird811 View Post
Whoa. Well, I wouldn't really blame ya. Though I think if it was me, I'd rather not meet him. I know I'd be stuttering all over and making a fool of myself, and I wouldn't want to do that in front of DB.
LOL. I think that's why the Universe kept us apart. So I didn't make a complete and utter idiot of myself.

Journaly Goodness
Old 11-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #54
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Ah, yes, the universe knows us I think I'd also hyperventilate and pass out...
Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #55
[[giggles]]

Quote:
the Ennis House foundation has completed the first phase of the house’s needed stabilization and restoration.
So..is the house saved, or do they still need donations?

http://www.ennishouse.org/htmls/photo_page.htm Is that really what it looks like? What an ugly house! It looks so ugly on the outside, but so...awe-inspiring and kind of creepy on the inside. No wonder they chose it for Angel's house...

Does anyone know if there's a 3D tour somewhere online? Or maybe even a Sims 2 Building like this?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #56
landrews1

They still need donations, but the foundation and roof work has been done. I haven't gone searching for a 3-D tour, but I kind of doubt it. If there are any video games related to the movies it's been featured in- does Thirteenth Floor have a vid game? There might be an imbedded virtual tour.

It's actually more handsome than it looks in the photos- the scale is so big when you're standing there in front of it that you can appreciate the detail that gets lost in the overall stark textile block that is all you can see in photos. And the original landscaping that Wright planned is no longer intact.

I think LittleHeaven has photos of the house from when we were there.We got totally lost trying to get out of the maze of streets it's on, bordering Griffith Park.

I was skimming this thread and snorting over her DB miss, since my fam and I were tapping our fingers waiting on them (LittleHeaven, Starlet, and Trillian and her hubby) and very much enjoyed out time watching DB and his fam. Jaden flirted with my little girl and Jamie gave my hubby the biggest grin you've ever seen, which he will never let me forget. DB was relaxed and very big and pretty. That was the same trip that we ran into J. August, literally. He's waaay tall and gorgeous.

"The powers that be what?" - Angel, City Of

Thanks Psychofilly and Mistress Mab for the only avatars I own!!
landrews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #57
Little Heaven

I still haven't gotten over that, Laurie. Don't think I ever will, LOL.

The house was anything but ugly, even half falling down. Here are some pics:

Journaly Goodness
Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #58
[[giggles]]

If that's the front gate, it's really cool. It reminds me of those Chinese Puzzle beds.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #59
Little Heaven

That's actually at the opposite side of the house to the main frontage, but i'm not sure where the actual entrance is. It' the gate into what I believe was the courtyard that featured in a few Season 2 episodes (although that was a set).

Journaly Goodness
Old 06-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #60
rainy

New update on the Ennis house. It has been put up for sale by the foundation for $15 million and is asking the new owner spend at least $7 million more to finish restoration. Eric Lloyd Wright is now saying that he believes the house would be best preserved as a occupant-owned home.

Here is a link to the AP story:http://www.twincities.com/ci_1265527...ce=most_viewed
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote