Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2003, 11:52 PM   #61
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

She was waering quite a lot of wrist gear in "I Fall To Pieces". I noticed when she was making "recycled" coffee at the end. Don't know if it was to cover the tatoo, or it was a fashion statement.

I hear Holly Marie Combs (from CHARMED) also has a wrist tatoo, and they cover it with make-up. So that could be what they are doing with CC when she's not wearing the wrist gear.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:51 PM   #62
LaLa247
Wooo!

Two things I noticed about "The Bachelor Party":

This is really the first time we see Cordy evolving on camera, growing bored with her usual type and instead wanting a more adventurous, dangerous guy- like Angel.

During the scene where Doyle is re-enacting his fight scene in the office and Cordy walks in on him, you can really see Charisma laughing, the camera catching her shoulders shaking and you even hear her- it's cute.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:10 PM   #63
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Here's something I noticed. In the opening scene of BP, when Cordy comes into Angel's office all dressed up and looking fine, Angel

1. Takes one look at Cordy and jumps up out of his seat. Not stands. Jumps up. Like, "Whoa! Look at the hottie!"

2. While Cordy and Doyle are doing there usual bantering thing, Angel's looking Cordy up and down, with this almost-grin on his face. And, I swear, that was the first appearance of his goofy, "Staring at Cordy" smile.

Then, of course, there's him getting ready to give her date the third degree. And notice how, after Cordy and her date leave, while Doyle's talking, Angel's looking out the office window after Cordy. Then, he looks at Doyle, then looks back out the window.

Loved it!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:42 AM   #64
starlet2367
glitterati

I'd forgotten how much I loved Bachelor Party. Harry's entrance is perfect...and priceless. GQ did the pole-axed look so well. I love the way the writers misdirected us by making us think that Doyle had some big, shady past he was trying to escape, when nothing could be farther from the truth. I was just sorry we never saw Harry again; she's a fantastic character, and that scene at the end when she gives the ring back to "hon-bun" made me go, "Aw!" Of course, her priceless, "One word, Alan Francis Doyle, and I'll eat *your* brains!" totally cracked me up.

And, ooooh! Smell the subtext! I'd forgotten what a roving eye Angel had. Could he have given Cordy the once...twice...thrice-over any more? LOL And like Penny said, his grilling of Pierce was fantastic.

I have to say, Pierce bored the crap out of me. And I was delighted to see Cordy equally bored. And her realization that her life was ruined b/c she wanted guys with substance had me ROFL. God, I love her.

Angel's response was equally delightful; DB got that "what a kid!" look, combined with affection and exasperation and more than a little pride. Cordy was like his spoiled toddler--he loved her to distraction and at the same time she annoyed the hell out of him and everyone in the room. LOL!

Oh, and Sense and Sensitivity! "You can be a rainbow, not a painbow," complete with air quotes, won me over as an Angel fan. After that I lined up at the TV impatiently waiting for every ep to air.

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:07 AM   #65
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally posted by starlet2367
Oh, and Sense and Sensitivity! "You can be a rainbow, not a painbow," complete with air quotes, won me over as an Angel fan. After that I lined up at the TV impatiently waiting for every ep to air.
Oh, I loved that too. Although Angel had won me over jumping into the wrong car in "City Of". His growling, "Dammit!" is priceless...and often appears in my fics.

And my favorite scene from "Sense and Sensitivity".

ANGEL: The talking stick, it's cursed alright.

CORDY: (Looks at Doyle.) There's a stick that talks? (Looks back at Angel.)

ANGEL: (Pauses for a moment just to gaze into Cordelia's face. Smiling gently, he inches closer to her.) Cordelia, do you have any idea just how precious you are...

And Doyle, being a spoil sport--and maybe a little jealous--interrupts.

Notice also that, during most of the talk outside the PD, Angel's looking at Cordy, with an occasional glance at Doyle.

And why did it take me a whole 'nother year to admit my C/A-ness. I was already leaning that way when this ep aired. Darned denial!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #66
LaLa247
Wooo!

When does "Sense and Sensivity" air?

Today is IWRY. One ep I will miss.
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #67
DamnSkippy

La, "Sense and Sensitivity" already aired. Monday I think.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 01:05 PM   #68
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
When does "Sense and Sensivity" air?

Today is IWRY. One ep I will miss.
Yep, it aired on Monday. Luckily, you'll probably be able to catch it in weekend syndication in a couple of weeks.

The AtS syndication schedule has me all confused.

TNT shows season 1 every weekday.

TNT shows season 4 on Tuesday night.

On the weekend, my local station shows a season 1 episode, followed by a season 3 episode.

That's a whole lotta Angel. Poor season two's been left out so far.

Oh, I thought this was ironic. Over the weekend, my local station shows season one's "Lonely Hearts", in which Cordy tells Doyle that, if the visions were her gift, she'd return it. Then, right after that, they showed season three's "That Vision Thing", in which Cordy is willing to suffer way more than Doyle ever did in order to keep the visions. I still think showing eps this way is kinda nuts, but it really highlights Cordy's change and growth to see the eps back-to-back.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #69
tojoson

on the weekends, they know that a lot of people won't watch the same show on 2 different nights what with other shows, nights out, and such, so they will run saturdays as s-1,s-2,s-3,s-4, and on sundays they will run s-3,s-4,s-1,s-2

ETA:
i watched IWRY today and something struck me, everyone considers angel the tragic hero and champion because he gave up everything he wanted to save buffy, even the conduits to the PTB stopped calling him a lower-being--well and good, but why do a lot of people have a problem with cordy as a higher being, and hero and champion when she did the exact same thing in birthday

jealousy?

Last edited by tojoson; 10-08-2003 at 08:35 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:14 PM   #70
littlelorie
C/A buff

Was it hard to watch "Hero" today or was it just me? I love that episode and I watched it anyway, but knowing that Glenn is gone and how amazing he was in this episode was kind of hard. At least Doyle went out with a bang. Instead of going in a coma.

My C/A Site:In The World
My Angel friendship Fanlisting:We're Family
littlelorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 05:44 PM   #71
LaLa247
Wooo!

I was thinking the same thing, Lorie. It was great that Glenn got to go out in such a fabulous way. He was the hero, and he made the big sacrifice (Which in retrospect, makes Angel's sacrifice in IWRY- which was moaned about for a good part in this ep- seem so very trivial).

The last two minutes also made me tear up, dammit. Just the silence after his "Am I done?" was so upsetting. I didn't like "Hero" the first time around, and now I think it's a great episode.
Charisma's Bitch #1

Last edited by LaLa247; 10-09-2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:54 PM   #72
Syn
insane clown girl

I definitely got teared up watching Hero today. I not only miss Doyle, but Glenn as well. And I so would have been behind a Cordy/Doyle pairing back then and am still slightly infatuated by it now. Though the C/A subtexter in me still sighs when they turn to each other in comfort.

*sigh* This was a much better episode than I remembered. And it makes me mad that they Jasmine-wanked Doyle's dying act. Just doesn't seem right...
Old 10-09-2003, 06:15 PM   #73
Bertha Blue

Man, I miss Glenn every day. They didn't really fanwick Doyle's act out of existence did they? You mean to tell me that Doyle was manipulated into dying and passing along the visions to Cordy? What a crock. I don't believe half of the stuff about Jasmine affecting the last four years of the FG's life. They do have free will after all.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:16 PM   #74
starlet2367
glitterati

Oh, I missed Hero? Man! I watched it on DVD when I got my S1 set and sniffled. Then I watched it the night we heard GQ died and bawled like a baby. It's become one of my favorite eps. I remember being completely shocked that they killed Doyle. I almost stopped watching the show after that. LOL

Kel
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #75
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I watched the whole episode twice, then I watched the last half again. Teared up all three times. And I cursed at how brilliant that ending was. If they wanted to break my heart, they did a good job. I remember crying when I saw this the first time but, it had been so long since I'd seen it since, I forgot why. Well, this brought it all back.

And I always liked Doyle, but I think this episode started the AtS tradition of making me like a character more than ever in the episode in which they die or leave. (Like Gavin, Lindsey, Darla, Merle, etc.)