Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2003, 04:36 PM   #31
Shannon
Angelus Lover

Okay I am watching "In the Dark" and I am soooo loving the old Spike! The one that was a bad ass and not Buffy Lap dog. And he is really making me wish that he will be a bad Ass on this season! Also love the nick name he told Angel of Buffy "Slutty The Vampire Slayer" Sorry any Buffy Fans in here but that quote is so funny!

After seeing Cordy & Doyel in this season I can not believe that they never hook up together! You can tell Doyel does like Cordy. In season 1 I wanted her with Doyel or Angel.

I am soo glad TNT is playing on Rerun of Angel!

Miss Doyel
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:23 PM   #32
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Kar, I did tell you you're the master, right? Or maybe the queen? Well, you're both. You not only put things I've thought into words better than I could have, you also let me see new and pretty great things.

And Cordy/Angel gelled much better than I remembered.

Just watched ITD. I didn't like Spike all that much at the time but, since I'm now a fan, I can see how cool he is in this episode.

And I still want to shake Angel for not keeping that ring. Although, what he did was completely in character for him at that time. He doesn't think he deserves the ring, but he knows he'll be tempted to use it if he kept it around. Still, did he have to be so drastic? Have Oz hide it, and forbid him to give it back...unless the situation was really serious.

I think season 3 Angel would have kept it.
Old 10-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #33
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
Kar, I did tell you you're the master, right? Or maybe the queen? Well, you're both. You not only put things I've thought into words better than I could have, you also let me see new and pretty great things.
I prefer to go by the title "Betrayed by Joss" but if I get a tiara out of it or one of those pretty sashes I'll gladly be your queen.

Looking at Doyle though, I still imagine Glenn Quinn on "Dead like Me." That character is basically another Doyle.

But how ironic that they show "In the Dark" tonight when the Spike show is premiering?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #34
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannyblue
Well said... You rock, Kar!

Quote:
I think season 3 Angel would have kept it.
Or Cordy would have made him keep it... you know - just in case... *g*

I wanted to watch ITD last night... but with all the Spike stuff goin' on I couldn't get myself to fast forward to that ep. I watched "City Of" and "Lonely Hearts" instead... Good old days...
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:42 PM   #35
missdini

Those old epis were really great! I'll always love seasons 1,2 and 3! And i so miss the C/A subtext. And there was really a lot of subtext between them.

Btw: Kar you are the subtext queen, really!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #36
tojoson

man, i'm missing a lot.
i guess what i'm going to have to do is watch the episode, wait for kar's review, then watch it again.

a question
who do you people think is MOST responsible for the subtext
the writers,
the directors,
or the actors
Old 10-01-2003, 05:58 PM   #37
missdini

Quote:
Originally posted by tojoson
a question
who do you people think is MOST responsible for the subtext
the writers,
the directors,
or the actors
I think the actors mostly. Cause i remember reading that JW ( ) asked CC and DB to tone down their chemistry in season 1.
And then people say there is no chemistry between C/A?
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:07 PM   #38
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I think DB and CC were just clicking. They didn't have much chance to interact on BtVS. Maybe they were surprised by how well they worked together and just went with it. Or maybe they weren't doing it intentionally. It was that chemistry, that I noticed even back then, at work.

And, I mean, okay, I didn't have C/A eyes at the time, but how did I miss this stuff the first time around. The way Angel works so hard to like the cards. How worried Cordy gets about him, and this is only episode 3 of the entire series. I mean, this is Spike. But, once she got the ring, she was determined to face off against him because "We gotta save Angel". Doyle had to hold her back so they could come up with a strategy.

(sigh) I'm loving seeing these eps again.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:13 PM   #39
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by missdini
I think the actors mostly. Cause i remember reading that JW ( ) asked CC and DB to tone down their chemistry in season 1.
And then people say there is no chemistry between C/A?
And that's with their strict "Cordelia and Angel cannot touch each other" policy.

I think they did have some chemistry on BtVS but it was so cut down. I remember being really struck by them in "Some Assembly Required" with her in the dumpster. It was immediately so different from the focused, deliberate B/A vibe and the histrionics surrounding the Xander/Cordelia throw downs.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:18 PM   #40
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
And that's with their strict "Cordelia and Angel cannot touch each other" policy.
The what?

I watched half of ItD, and I realized how much I loved the old Spike. He was so, so funny and just great. *g*

I loved that line Spike said about good guys in packs. So very true.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 PM   #41
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
The what?
I forget what interview but Charisma had been complaining about the running queue of directors. How in something like Expecting they wanted DB to touch her as a way of comforting her or something. I mean really, didn't that scene in her bedroom cry out for some Angel soothing?

Bothered her because they'd made a point of Angel not touching her or really the others because he was the stand-offish vampire.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #42
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by KarKar
I forget what interview but Charisma had been complaining about the running queue of directors. How in something like Expecting they wanted DB to touch her as a way of comforting her or something.
Yeah, she made the comment that the directors sometimes wanted things that weren't "allowed" within the mythology they were building for the show (e.g. the Vampire of the first part will not touch the Secretary of the second part except for purposes of physically transporting or helping to transport the first or second part to another physical location of the third part). The actors sometimes had to explain the standoffish-vampire thing and other "rules" to the guest helmers.

Let me just add my voice to the KarKar chorus. Girl, you still got it -- and some of us have really, really missed it.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:29 PM   #43
Izzychase
Canuck For Life!

I was watching the ep when Cordy gets impregnated by Christopher Wilson (not sure of the ep title) but I loved the beginning:

Wes putting his arm around Angel's shoulders while saying, "Oh, no, he doesn't lounge," in his geeky, S1 Wes way was hilarious. It reminded me of the 'good ol' days' of the Angel/Cordy/Wes dynamic and it made me wish for a little Wes/Angel slash.

Oh, and I miss the credits too... especially the one with DB smiling. He hasn't done that lately.
Faith In Faith #001
~Still Missing Doyle~
Doyle and Cordelia: Heroes to the very end.
Proud Cordelia/Angel, Giles/Jenny, Wesley/Faith, Dawn/Connor, and Lindsey/Lilah shipper
Izzychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 07:35 PM   #44
QueenC
All.About.Her...

Quote:
Originally posted by Penny Century
Yeah, she made the comment that the directors sometimes wanted things that weren't "allowed" within the mythology they were building for the show (e.g. the Vampire of the first part will not touch the Secretary of the second part except for purposes of physically transporting or helping to transport the first or second part to another physical location of the third part). The actors sometimes had to explain the standoffish-vampire thing and other "rules" to the guest helmers.

Let me just add my voice to the KarKar chorus. Girl, you still got it -- and some of us have really, really missed it.

Really helps emphasize how important Cordy became to Angel by season 3 when they're hugging each other in Heartthrob and constantly reaching for each other... or in TVT when Angel is touching her and trying to comfort her.

OR... in TSILA when he grabs her hand and tells her he needs her. The simplest body language can mean so much!

And I too bow to the brilliance that is Kar!

Lori

Charisma's Bitch #118
QueenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:41 PM   #45
Syn
insane clown girl

Joining in with the KarKar love. I'm definitely loving the subtext you're rocking. *sigh* I missed this show.