Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Cordyverse Actors in new Lifetime Movies

Since it keeps happening, I thought I'd go ahead and start a single thread for it. I could've sworn someone made a chart somewhere but, if I'm not imagining things, I can't find it.

Anyway, Cordyverse actresses keep popping up as stars of either Liftetime Original Movies or Lifetime Movie Network (or LMN) Original Movies.

Up next is Amy Acker, starring in the LMN Original Movie Near Death Experience. It "double premieres" January 16th. (They're calling it a double premieres because they are showing it twice back-to-back.) Here's the summary.

Following a near-death experience, Ellie Daly (Acker) is terrified to realize she is able to see and speak with the dead. Returning home, she's approached by the angry ghost of a dead woman, who accuses Ellie's mysterious and handsome new neighbor of her own brutal murder. Ellie, realizing that the dead, much like the living, only know what they've experienced firsthand, feels she must unravel the real truth of the young woman's death. Although it means angering the dead, Ellie finds herself getting drawn into an emotional and dangerous race to find out who is innocent and who is guilty.

So, to date, we've had Lifetime movies starring Charisma (who's done two), Julie Benz, Emma Caulfield (who's done two as well), Michelle Trachtenberg (in an "adult" role, even though she still looked really young to me), Amber Benson, Elisabeth Röhm, and now Amy Acker.

Wonder who will pop up next.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Amber Benson has a Lifetime movie premiering Sat. Jan 26th at 8 pm Eastern. It's called 7 Things To Do Before I'm 30 and, according to the blurb:

Pretty, charming, and weight-challenged (at least as she see it) Lori Madison is a month shy of the big 3-0 when her life implodes. Losing her job, her New York apartment, and her boyfriend in a single day, she goes home to a Colorado resort town to stay with her bigger-than-life mother and supportive brother until she finds some direction. In her childhood bedroom, Lori discovers a list she made as a kid, "7 Things to Do Before I'm 30," and realizes she hasn't accomplished a single item.

From the promo I saw, her character sets out to do all of the things on her list before her birthday. And there's a guy involved.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
Syn
insane clown girl

Yeahhh....every time I think of Lifetime, I think of Family Guy's take on their movies:

"Men Are Evil And Will Hurt You Because This Is Lifetime."
Old 01-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Bryan

Not an expert on Lifetime movies - but both Charisma's movies didn't fit that profile.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Not an expert on Lifetime movies - but both Charisma's movies didn't fit that profile.
Maybe, but that is generally the type of movie you find on Lifetime.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Yeahhh....every time I think of Lifetime, I think of Family Guy's take on their movies:

"Men Are Evil And Will Hurt You Because This Is Lifetime."
Don't forget "Lifetime: Television For Idiots." But come on, FG staff, tell us what you really think...!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
Syn
insane clown girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Don't forget "Lifetime: Television For Idiots." But come on, FG staff, tell us what you really think...!
But they don't think! Didn't you watch South Park? They're all just manatees with idea balls. So ridiculous.

I wasn't putting down CC's movies--I even watched one of them! It was okay, not stellar or anything. She was great in it though. But Lifetime tends to put women in victim's roles and I get annoyed more than I get entertained, so I end up turning the channel.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
But Lifetime tends to put women in victim's roles and I get annoyed more than I get entertained, so I end up turning the channel.
But you don't understand. Yeah, the women are sometimes victims at first. But then they find their inner strength and turn around and kick ass. Which is the best part.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
tojoson

Not a great fan of Lifetime movies, but last night, with the lack of ANYTHING else on, and Amber Benson, I watched this one.

It was cute and predictable, but what struck me was the music. Some of it was great. I'm a great fan of theme songs, and incidental music, and I loved some of the music in this movie, especially when she was talking to the cameras. Some of it reminded me of the music from Wonderfalls. slightly off cadence, weird Chords and such. I'd love to get the music without the voice-over.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #10
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Okay, we need to change the name of this thread.

James Marsters is co-starring in the Lifetime Movie Network original mini-series The Capture of the Green River Killer. And I only know about this because I was flipping past Lifetime today when I heard, "Starring Tom Cavanagh and James Marsters."

Anyway, the movie is based on the book written by Sheriff David Reichert, who worked on the real case, and actually talked to Ted Bundy to try to get some insights on catching the other serial killer.

I don't know what part JM plays. I just know he's not the lead character.

The Capture of the Green River Killer premieres Sunday night (March 30) at 9pm Eastern on Lifetime Movie Network.

Last edited by Dannyblue; 03-20-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #11
samsmom

I heard he's playing Ted Bundy.

Sounds interesting enough.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote