Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #16
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathan View Post
If by some chance Cordy does show up, I only hope they treat her well. I'm more of a Cordy fan than an A/C shipper, so I'm really neutral on what sort of relationship they could or would depict with her (though sweeping that "one for the road" under the rug would be shockingly out of character, even for Whedon.)
Well, this IS the guy who reportedly swept "The Girl in Question" under the rug in the BtVS comics by asserting that the Buffy who was living in Rome with Dawn and dating The Immortal was -- get this -- a Buffy double, one of several, who apparently are just out there to conceal the movements of the original. You almost have to admire such a bald-faced cheat; it displays a lack of shame extraordinary even by Joss Whedon's everybody's-wrong-but-me standards.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
tojoson

Wolfram and Hart didn't kill Cordelia, but in reality, they didn't kill Fred either. Someone working for them sure, but they were NOT responsible. They were enemies with Illyria from the beginning of time, so why would they bring her back. So what they're talking about here is anyone's guess.

A review of issue #2 at AICN, is not very favorable to the artwork.

here (scroll down)
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #18
nodakskip

Quote:
Ironically, we've at least seen a face shot of Cordy in the Buffy comic :P
We have? I have been reading the buffy ones and must have missed it. What one was that in?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Well, this IS the guy who reportedly swept "The Girl in Question" under the rug in the BtVS comics by asserting that the Buffy who was living in Rome with Dawn and dating The Immortal was -- get this -- a Buffy double, one of several, who apparently are just out there to conceal the movements of the original. You almost have to admire such a bald-faced cheat; it displays a lack of shame extraordinary even by Joss Whedon's everybody's-wrong-but-me standards.
Wait, wait, wait, it gets soooooooo much better than that with the latest issue of the Buffy comic.

** Apparently, now it is perfectly okay for Buffy to break into a bank, hurt innocent humans, and use the Slayers as accessories because she has to fund the mission. Castles in Scotland aren't cheap. So basically, she shouldn't have stopped Warren when he was robbing the bank truck, she should have been helping him. And Faith killing the Mayor's assistant, totally fine with we go by the new Buffy. **

What is flooring me even more that in the face of that, the Buffy double thing, and the Warren still alive thing, people are still YAY!!111!!! Whedon is gud!!11!! What is it going to take, seriously?

And I am still looking for where Lynch said it was Fred that Angel was referring to.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #20
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
What is flooring me even more that in the face of that, the Buffy double thing, and the Warren still alive thing --
Oh now wait a minute, waitaminute, waitaminute, BACK UP -- Warren is still alive? Freakin' WARREN?! And they said Cordelia was all out of storyline! Who's next, Darryl Epps? The Gorch Brothers? Seriously!

This would be funny, if it weren't...no, actually, it's pretty funny, period. In the unintentional way.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #21
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
We have? I have been reading the buffy ones and must have missed it. What one was that in?
In issue number 3 in Buffy's dream sequence, we see a lot of Buffyverse characters on descending "blocks" you can see Cordy in the lower right --though now that I'm looking at it again it could be argued that it's someone else what with the relatively poor artwork-- but I firmly believe thats Cordy. Right below her is Whedon's goofy looking mug too :P
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #22
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Oh now wait a minute, waitaminute, waitaminute, BACK UP -- Warren is still alive? Freakin' WARREN?! And they said Cordelia was all out of storyline! Who's next, Darryl Epps? The Gorch Brothers? Seriously!

This would be funny, if it weren't...no, actually, it's pretty funny, period. In the unintentional way.
Warren is back from the dead. Apparently, according to Amy (she brought him back) she had a four second window in which she saved him. You watch that scene though and Willow TORCHED the guy. But yup, he is back.

The killer is that Scott Allie said in the letters section they would not bring Tara back because they only do resurrections if they are justified and needed for the story. I was like yeeeeah cause Warren coming back, totally violating canon, is sooo neccessary.

I am not at all pleased with the Buffy S8 comics and nobody is going to tell me that with so many contradictions, that is canon. Angel is only two issues in and I am already disappointed, especially with Gunn. I don't think its any secret that next to Cordy, Gunn is my next fave char. They have ruined him.

These comics are just such bull. After this latest one in the Buffy line, I am done with the Buffy ones. I am holding hope out for Angel, just the smallest hope, in case Cordy does show.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
jerry

I think both books are flawed, but intriguing. I didn't like the idea of Gunn being vamped, but he does make for an interesting vampire. And I'm curious what will be done with Illyria, who I do think of as a character with potential (especially comics potential).

The Buffy comic is witty, but overstuffed with Buffyspeak. I've liked most of the issues, but it has not entirely transitioned the characters to the comics medium thus far. Time will tell.

Last edited by jerry; 01-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #24
MelBelle

once Cordy returns, count me into reading the comics.

Angel: "I don't wanna research, alright? I wanna jump through the big swirly hole thingy and save Cordelia!"
Angel: "I just got her back."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cordy: "I'm in love with you Angel. Deep down I think I have been for a long time. I needed you to know that."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cordy: "And that's the guy I fell in— Do you ever wonder... Do you ever think about if we'd met up that night and had a chance to—"
Angel: "All the time."
MelBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #25
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
The Buffy comic is witty, but overstuffed with Buffyspeak.
This is exactly how I feel about most of the Buffy issues so far. It's like they are trying SO hard to make it feel and sound like an episode of the show that it doesn't.

On the other hand. I greatly enjoyed the Faith story arc. Brian K Vaughn is one of the best in the comics industry today, and I think he grasped the dynamic between Buffy and Faith better than Whedon does. Personally, I think instead of "Buffy season 8" they should have made Faith the Vampire Slayer an ongoing series. I'd like to have a poster of the cover of issue 6, with Faith holding a can of spray paint and her name painted over Buffy's on the logo.

After listening to Lynch's little audio Q & A (you can find it on his myspace blog) I'm going to speculate that if Cordy does show up in After the Fall, any romance between her and Angel will be minimal. Lynch states that love will be a factor in the story, and specifically mentions Father and Son love, but he kinda glosses over any chance of people getting together romantically.
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #26
nodakskip

Quote:
This is exactly how I feel about most of the Buffy issues so far. It's like they are trying SO hard to make it feel and sound like an episode of the show that it doesn't.

On the other hand. I greatly enjoyed the Faith story arc. Brian K Vaughn is one of the best in the comics industry today, and I think he grasped the dynamic between Buffy and Faith better than Whedon does. Personally, I think instead of "Buffy season 8" they should have made Faith the Vampire Slayer an ongoing series. I'd like to have a poster of the cover of issue 6, with Faith holding a can of spray paint and her name painted over Buffy's on the logo.

After listening to Lynch's little audio Q & A (you can find it on his myspace blog) I'm going to speculate that if Cordy does show up in After the Fall, any romance between her and Angel will be minimal. Lynch states that love will be a factor in the story, and specifically mentions Father and Son love, but he kinda glosses over any chance of people getting together romantically.

Well there are things in the comics that would work as little flashes on the show but not in the comics. Buffy season seven Xander had a flash back to him and Cordy running from the girls in the love spell. But yet for a lot of the latest Buffy comic we see Buffy and Willows adult fantasies. Buffy on the beach with Daniel Craig (the newish james bond) and Willow trapped in a snow storm with "Tv's" Tina Fey from SNL and 30 Rock.

As for the idea of a Faith poster its not that hard. I do know that they did advertise in the comic previews magazine the covers of the books as lithos. The ones offered were the Willow in blue cover, the Faith with spray paint cover, and the Buffy and Xander in a leather jacket cover.

Only trouble is they wanted around 80 some bucks for a 9x13 litho and that is WAY to much.

You could do what I did awhile back. There was a marvel comic that I wanted to make into a poster so I scanned it (making sure to get every speck of dust cleared off) and sent it through Walmart.com photo thing into a poster.

Normaly you cant do copywrited things but the first few worked through Walmart but during christmas last year they sent some work to another lab and they said they coudlnt do it. And if I did it through Walmart online to pick up in a store they wouldnt do it either. It had to be online and shipped to your house.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #27
jerry

Quote:
Well, I also think that, like Wes, Cordy will continue to be dead even if she's around. And that kind of inhibits the romantic possibilities.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #28
samsmom

Has anyone considered that the 'downed soldier' might be Doyle, and not Cordelia?

Considering how much consideration CC fans have gotten out of Whedon & Co. in the past, I'd be incredibly (but pleasantly) surprised if they are referring to Cordelia.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #29
Syn
insane clown girl

I heard a rumor that Buffy/Xander might be hinted at in the Season 8 comic. Is that true? Anyone know? I know Xander's flirting with some Slayer or other. All I really know about the comic is that Dawn is a giant. I guess her "look at meeeee!" antics manifested in a bizarre way or something.

As far as Angel goes, isn't he all Eragon in the season 6, with a dragon and all? Lame. Super lame. And I don't like what they've done to Gunn...though in a dark way, I might come to like it, if they don't caricture him. Illyria coming back makes my eyes hurt from rolling them. You know it'll just be more bitter!ghost!Wesley drama. I was done with that one episode into Illyria's tenure on the show.

I'd kind of like to read both of these, but I've been burnt by the Whedonverse before. Fool me twice, shame on me...and all that jazz.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 PM   #30
jerry

There have been some hints of Buffy/Xander, but no real progress, so I'm not sure it's really going anywhere. Plus, it's Joss. If it did go anywhere, a piano would fall on one of them.