Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2004, 02:43 PM   #46
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Don't do that to me. I just started seeing the father/daughter relationship between those two! However, out of all of them Rube and George do have the best chemistry.
I didn't really feel there was much of a father/daughter vibe last season, but I definitely do after only seeing one episode this season (ep 2 airs tonight!), so I'm thinking that's something they're going to ramp up this year. They were certainly dropping hints with Rube at the birthday party, with him talking about his daughter, so who knows.

The other couple that I think is definitely developing chemistry is Mason/Daisy, Daisy Adair. I've always loved Mason, but I'm amazed at how much I'm starting to adore Daisy as well. When she first came on to the show, I didn't like her at all, but I'm beyond warmed up to her. I'm finding her to be almost Cordelia-esque in some of her observations, and I'm definitely feeling something between the two of them.

Back to topic, I just wanted to add that I never saw any chemistry between Buffy and Riley. Willow and Riley - that's an entirely different story. So that's another person with whom I think Willow had chemistry. As far as Spike goes, I'll advance what I'm sure is going to be a most unpopular opinion - I do think James Marsters as Spike literally oozed sex appeal (which was odd to me, because I don't think James Marsters is particularly attractive), but the person with whom I thought Spike had the most chemistry? Xander. And while we're on the Ho!Yay! topic, neither Wes nor Gunn had better chemistry with anyone on the show than they did with each other.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #47
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
As far as Spike goes, I'll advance what I'm sure is going to be a most unpopular opinion - I do think James Marsters as Spike literally oozed sex appeal (which was odd to me, because I don't think James Marsters is particularly attractive), but the person with whom I thought Spike had the most chemistry? Xander.
W.
O.
R.
D.

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:56 PM   #48
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Quote:
The other couple that I think is definitely developing chemistry is Mason/Daisy, Daisy Adair. I've always loved Mason, but I'm amazed at how much I'm starting to adore Daisy as well. When she first came on to the show, I didn't like her at all, but I'm beyond warmed up to her. I'm finding her to be almost Cordelia-esque in some of her observations, and I'm definitely feeling something between the two of them.
I agree. I think they kinda have a Doyle/Cordy thing about them, but a little more heated. Mason has always been a personal favorite of mine, and I hated Daisy when I first saw her. But after the ep Nighthawks, I found I kinda like her.

Back to topic, Morrigan, cangel is the old fangirl play on words. CordeliaANGEL. Shortened to Cangel. Like Spuffy.

Ohhh you know who I thought had chemistry? Dont lynch me, now.

Andrew/Dawn.

*hides*
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:31 PM   #49
silveragent

Hehe you *should* hide.

Oddly enough I think there is something to the Xander/Spike chemistry, and it has to do with toning things down.

Blucas struggled with an approach to Buffy; partly it was because it came on the heels of this grand romantic B/A stuff; but note how HE also had a more "easy" and natural interaction with Xander, just like Wes/Gunn, or Xander/Willow, or Xander/Dawn, or Xander/Buffy, or Dawn/Tara or Dawn/Buffy.

The part where people were just friends, liked each other, but maybe would tease or get on each other's nerves a bit was good. That's where the performances really clicked.

Buffy/Angel or Spike or Riley; Wes/Fred; Willow/Kennedy; and Xander/Anya seemed to "try" too hard and had too much other stuff in the characters interactions to make me really believe these characters "loved" each other with genuine emotions. They seemed to be just chess-pieces moving around if that makes any sense.
silveragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:33 PM   #50
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miela
What is it with all "be careful what you say" mafiosa shit? A gal comes on here to engage in some jovial banter, and out comes cryptic threats. Wowzer. Plus, Prima, can I once more AFFIRM that I'm a fully fledged Cangel- plus references to Walmart mean nothing to a Londoner!
It's not mafioso shit, it's a polite warning to not perpetuate rumor as fact.

Also for a fully fleged "Cangel" (WTFBBQ???) you seem to put down C/A, Cordy and CC a lot.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #51
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
It's not mafioso shit, it's a polite warning to not perpetuate rumor as fact.
Exactly. I apologize if I upset you, Miela.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:56 PM   #52
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Once upon a time, I had a post, a lovely post with as many ships as I could think of and various other types of chemistry... that post got lost and I had to do other things. Then I had a list, thinking I'd just try to redo and finish that post, but instead of copying it I accidentally posted then deleted it. And now, now I'm tired but also stubborn. Take Three, parred down not to include everyone and the kitchen sink.

Buffy/Riley -- My fav man for Buffy. MB and SMG had awesome chemistry.

Buffy/Spike -- JM and SMG are both too charismatic not to have chemistry I think. But I think their chemistry best fit the tentative relationship they had in Season 7 and wish they'd gone that root sooner or just kept Spike evil and away from Buffy-lovedom.

Buffy/Xander -- Nick and Sarah. When She Was Bad that dance. Hot. If JW had had the guts to go there they would have been sizzling.

Buffy/Willow -- Sarah and Ally. Really great friendship chemistry the first four years, though I do admit something shifted with it the last 2 years.

Buffy/Angel -- Sarah and David. Yeah they had chemistry, I can admit it. But they did nothing for me... I couldn't get past the stupid high melodramatic high school romance and the forced staging. I never felt like B/A had real natural chemistry but that Sarah and David had enough chemistry to seel the hard sell and B/A was written to sell.

Buffy/Faith -- Eliza is just walking chemistry I think. Buffy and Faith had great chemistry and ED and SMG played it up, especially ED but it was also just there even when they were at each other's throats.

Buffy/Cordelia -- I loved every Buffy/Cordy scene, they were two equals in Sunnydale. A Bitch and a Slayer both more than their stereotype and not friends but not really enemies either. CC and SMG had great scenes together and good chemistry. I would never slash them personally however but would have wanted to see more of a relationship grow between them... one of mutual respect and semi-friendship.

Buffy/Giles -- SMG and ASH were perfect together as Buffy and Giles, fatherly yet not too much, a friend but not too much because of the authority I thought they played it great.

Giles/Joyce -- I wanted more of them honestly. In some ways I'm glad they never did more with them but I loved their chemistry.

Giles/Jenny -- their chemistry was bland to me but the characters fit together so I enjoyed the couple, does that make sense?

Oz/Willow -- again bland to me, but I loved Oz. I also feel like SG carried the ship.

Willow/Kennedy -- Yuck. No chemistry. Bad writing. Blah, forced and cringe-worthy.

Willow/Tara -- Loved them together, I think AB brought a lot to the couple but I do feel she carried it...much like SG did before her.

Willow/Xander -- I was a W/X shipper, I admit it. I wanted them to get together because I loved their friendship, they really cared about and knew each other and AH and NB had great chemistry...for romantic/sexual and for just great friends who always had each other's back. Their scene in Grave is actually one of my favorite things from Season 6, despite that by then I hated Willow and that storyline.

Xander/Cordelia -- Eh. They had chemistry, CC and NB were great together playing an innocent yet hormone driven teen romance based on the classic love/hate parallell. But they never really moved me as a couple...I just kept thinking Xander took her for granted, especially after S3.

Faith/Angel -- By the time ED reaches AtS and that point in Faith's life, it was brother/sister to me, like souls, two people who get each other in a way few could get them. They had good chemistry, but I never saw as romantic/sexual. But that said, on BtVS when he was faking being Angelus he and Faith were hot.

Faith/Wes -- I loved their chemistry and wish it had been explored more on AtS.

Wes/Lilah -- They were hot, but they didn't move me.

Doyle/Cordelia -- GQ and CC had good chemistry and great comic timing together...I foudn them refreshing and in all honesty the first time I saw S1 I was rooting for that pairing.

Doyle/Angel -- awesome chemistry, great friendship, very slashy if you see that kind of thing and I do. Doyle and Angel were true friends, Angel's first friend and confidant really and that really played well between David and Glenn.

Angel/Kate -- I liked Kate and I wasn't opposed to the idea of her and Angel, but in all honesty, their chemistry didn't get interesting until they were playing against each other. There was more UST there, but I did lose interest in the idea of them fast.

Lindsay/Angel -- They were pretty hot. Slashy Goodness is what I call it.

Lilah/Angel -- I'd never want them together, but they have chemistry so Angelus or the old guy in Angel's body and Lilah...I could enjoy.

Lindsay/Lilah -- ME screwed up not keeping Lilah. imagine her in Eve's place with the Lindsay storyline S5.

Darla/Angel -- I said this in the unpopular thread and I'll say it again. JB and DB really had the best chemistry together or everyone else they worked with on theshows. They just had that certain spark... but I never have been for them as a couple but I think their chemistry did help convince us of the complicated relationship Angel as a vampire sired from this vampiress felt about her...and everything when she was human ECT. Of course I do also think they brought darla back one too many times when she showed up pregnant.

And last but not least, Angel/Cordy -- CC and DB had great chemistry, a real natural chemistry that was just there, never really used until Season 3 and not used in the best way (let's face it the writing sucked) but their chemistry was always refreshing and the way until S3 the characters grew as friends had a lot to do with their chemistry... that by the end of s2 you really did want them together (or well I did). The show blew it with the coupling but CC and DB have amazing chemistry, there is some spark, some natural freshness and sense of laughter and fun to it... that really draws me in and is part of the reason I love A/C so much.

And Lala, before I forget I agree with you on CC's nerves, I'd say that along with DB she was the most comfortable with Glenn and Nick as well.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this.

Wes/Gunn -- Great chemistry, friendship chemistry, slashy chemistry, awesome.

Also Riley/Xander -- everytime I see their scenes from Season 5 especially I want to slash them, NB and MB had great chemistry and Season 4 the Spike/Xander stuff in the basement had me thinking about them but then the writing shifted them to far away for the characters to grow into what I saw with NB and JM.

Fred/Gunn -- blah.

Fred/Wes -- I wanted Wes happy, but it wasn't really all that.

And David had no chemistry with the women who played Eve, Nina, Gwen and the chick from She. He had a tiny bit with the woman who played Rebecca in Eternity though but I hated that character.

He did have cool chemistry with Juliet Landau as well.

Okay, I'm done. I think I almost hit everyone I hit before, cool. And sorry for the wordiness.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:02 PM   #53
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
ETA: Lara- cangel? WTF is that?
It's the silly combination used to describe a coupling. C/A is "Cangel", B/A is "Bangel", S/B is "Spuffy", JLo/Ben is "Bennifer"...it's all silliness.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #54
Miela

psychofilly- I am completely aligned to all things C/A but when I read anti-C/A stuff I tend to start nit-picking little things and get all worked up. that's my nature. So for example, the other week, watched 'awakening' for the 1st time. there i am all hooked on C/A, then Angel goes and mentions Buffy at the end. I go on the net to gauge the general reaction and reviews of the ep, and ppl are like "Buffy will always be the one." Then i read DB's statements about what it all meant and he goes and says Buffy is Angel's one true love. All negative ho-ha. So then I find this board, asked what all you lot felt about the Buffy mention and felt better about my support of the ship when most here felt that Angel was reconnecting his experience with the pain of losing his soul.

Today's topic on chemsity was interesting b/c it drew on another criticism that is oft levelled at C/A. I wouldn't have supposed that there was no chemistry, but tonly to read more reviews with statements saying that the two don't work as lovers- I get all worried again. that's just me. But without sounding like a knee-jerk reactor to other's opinions, the only episode I can say that i don't feel much (and will get slated for) is WiTW- b/c only then do I feel that the interaction b/w the two feels forced. By contrast, a lot of ppl here seem to hate Awakening, but i loved it for the very reason that it was ALL C/A and did feel the sexual chemistry- only to feel like it was muddied over when Angel yelped "Buffy".

Last edited by Miela; 08-02-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Miela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #55
Andromeda7_4

Quote:
Back to topic, I just wanted to add that I never saw any chemistry between Buffy and Riley. Willow and Riley - that's an entirely different story. So that's another person with whom I think Willow had chemistry.

Oddly enough, the only character I think Willow ever did have any chemistry with was Riley!

And he with her; because I thought all of Riley's scenes with Buffy fell flat.
And yet, when they were at that dorm party, I could see a spark between Riley and Willow.
Andromeda7_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 PM   #56
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
Also for a fully fleged "Cangel" (WTFBBQ???) you seem to put down C/A, Cordy and CC a lot.
I'm also going to add on to this and say I don't *fwap* people out of the blue. Usually something doesn't quite add up...

Example: Here in this thread we have commentary saying that DB and CA have no sexual chemistry...and then at another farkin' board just days ago we have:

"I know that what these two had was real, but then I am so sick when I hear of the campaign launched against them. You know the usual trash- "there's chemistry b/w DB and CC, but no SEXUAL chemistry, they suit each other as squabling sibilings rather than as lovers, kissing scenes b/w the two looks incestuous, Buffy will always be the one....." It kind of puts a dampner on my shippite!"

Now. Either I'm gonna start thinking folks are full of it up their eyeballs and they're starting shite or that they must be suffering from short term memory loss. Regardless, I'm gonna call people on it.

That is all.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:34 PM   #57
Miela

Alas, prima- that is my quote. So I mention that I get narked when ppl mention that there is a lack of chemistry. Hence, jumping into today's discussion which quite neatly fits into whatever qualms there may be over the C/A pairing. I do actually quite resent your implication that I am some way more inclined to that OTHER ship. But I see what you are trying to do, so I'll leave it at that!
Miela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #58
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Alas, prima- that is my quote. So I mention that I get narked when ppl mention that there is a lack of chemistry. Hence, jumping into today's discussion which quite neatly fits into whatever qualms there may be over the C/A pairing. I do actually quite resent your implication that I am some way more inclined to that OTHER ship. But I see what you are trying to do, so I'll leave it at that!
Whatever Prima's intent was, I would be interested in you explaining -in a fashion that makes sense- why you would be so riled up about C/A bashing in one place and then state the exact same thing that sets you off somewhere else? I'm not quite sure I understand *your* motives, and as a new poster, I do think it would be helpful if you explained what you are trying to say because frankly it confuses me.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #59
writingpathways
Rachel Elisabeth

Location: Real Life Locale: Somewhere in Connecticut. The truth: In my head. It's both scary and quite lovely there.
Quote:
psychofilly- I am completely aligned to all things C/A but when I read anti-C/A stuff I tend to start nit-picking little things and get all worked up. that's my nature. So for example, the other week, watched 'awakening' for the 1st time. there i am all hooked on C/A, then Angel goes and mentions Buffy at the end. I go on the net to gauge the general reaction and reviews of the ep, and ppl are like "Buffy will always be the one." Then i read DB's statements about what it all meant and he goes and says Buffy is Angel's one true love. All negative ho-ha. So then I find this board, asked what all you lot felt about the Buffy mention and felt better about my support of the ship when most here felt that Angel was reconnecting his experience with the pain of losing his soul.

Today's topic on chemsity was interesting b/c it drew on another criticism that is oft levelled at C/A. I wouldn't have supposed that there was no chemistry, but tonly to read more reviews with statements saying that the two don't work as lovers- I get all worried again. that's just me. But without sounding like a knee-jerk reactor to other's opinions, the only episode I can say that i don't feel much (and will get slated for) is WiTW- b/c only then do I feel that the interaction b/w the two feels forced. By contrast, a lot of ppl here seem to hate Awakening, but i loved it for the very reason that it was ALL C/A and did feel the sexual chemistry- only to feel like it was muddied over when Angel yelped "Buffy".

You are making no sense to me because you keep talking out both sides of your mouth. Honestly, I don't think you are for C/A or B/A at this point... why? This post basically is you saying others opinions sway you and make you wonder if your own opinion is right. If you like a couple and think they have chemistry, that is all you need to know... you know what your two eyes see, on the screen, you know the feelings that are evoked within you. And you know you loved it or hated it. That it made you swoon or cringe. And you don't need to read other peoples opinions to figure things out or playing devil's advocate for reasons I honestly can't fathom. Which is what you either are doing or are just claiming to be doing.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #60
AngelsChilde
Shoot the Moon

Quote:
Hehe you *should* hide.
Come on! Theyre not THAT bad. So geeky and cute. The forgotten ones! Its a runnin theme, here... :-D
AngelsChilde is offline   Reply With Quote