Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2004, 03:56 PM   #46
Platypus
The Pointy End

And in the meantime, word gets around...

From the Orlando Sentinel:

Entertainment News

Quote:
They said it

`It's my mission to be Wonder Woman!'
Charisma Carpenter who played the late, great Cordelia on `Angel' and now wants to be the big-screen Amazon.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 04:32 PM   #47
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I hope it works out for her. I know that the ATS actors names have been thrown out there before, DB for Superman (And maybe Batman) AD for Reed Richards, and I think CC's mane was thrown around for Lois Lane and Wonder Woman before. However this is the first time (to my knowledge) any have (publically) said "I want that".

I hope she does pursue it and gets it, I think she'd be a great WW although. I'm still partial to CC playing Lois Lane.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:37 PM   #48
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
...I think she'd be a great WW although. I'm still partial to CC playing Lois Lane.
Awwww, who says she can't have both?
Old 02-06-2004, 04:44 PM   #49
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

True, Halle Berry landed both Storm and Catwoman so it's possible.

In either case I just hope one or both gets made soon, I think the industry is being saturated with Comic Book movies and eventually, it's going to backfire.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #50
KarKar

Quote:
Originally posted by fielding
It does? Which of his films, apart from Pulp Fiction, have received Oscar nominations or have greatly enhanced their cast members' careers?
I’m not a Tarantino fan but Reservoir Dogs did give Michael Madsen his most critically aclaimed role to day, marked the transition for Steve Buscemi from a character actor to a “marquee name” and set up Harvey Keitel for his career revival.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:51 PM   #51
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Reservoir Dogs not only helped to build several careers, most noteable Steve Buscemi's (whom I adore) but it's a total classic.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #52
Syn
insane clown girl

Let's just hope that, while going after this role, she doesn't flip out like Sean Young did with Catwoman and start dressing like WW, going on talk shows, begging the director to hire her...

I doubt she would, as she's sane. Sean Young is...well insane is pretty appropriate.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #53
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrigan
Reservoir Dogs not only helped to build several careers, most noteable Steve Buscemi's (whom I adore) but it's a total classic.
And it was also mentioned in the Ats S2 episode "First Impressions" by our girl CC

Cordy told Gunn to "next time try to be a little more Guy Pierce in LA Confidential and a little less Micheal Madsen in Resevior Dogs"

ya I'm just full of useless info like that....lol

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #54
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Syn
Let's just hope that, while going after this role, she doesn't flip out like Sean Young did with Catwoman and start dressing like WW, going on talk shows, begging the director to hire her...

I doubt she would, as she's sane. Sean Young is...well insane is pretty appropriate.
I remember that, I think I caught her on The Arsino hall Show but I think at that point they had already hired MP and SY was just way over the top, nuts.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 PM   #55
fielding

Quote:
Originally posted by David Falkayn
Besides the names others have already mentioned, Bruce Willis got a boost to his second...or was it his third...comeback thanks to Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction also didn't hurt Samuel L. Jackson's career.
Well, I did say apart from Pulp Fiction. That was probably the peak of Tarantino's career, although I personally think Reservoir Dogs was better.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 08:18 PM   #56
fielding

Sorry for the double post.

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
It also wouldn't hurt to drop by Quentin Tarantino's production site (which also houses Tim Burton, John Woo, McG, John Landis, Steve Buscemi and Robert Rodriquez), or for the really intense, his contact info just to mention that a certain bad-ass actress is inspired by his film...

ETA: If Tarantino's not possible, I would love to see her in a Robert Rodiquez film.
Okay, I've gotta ask this. Are you a fan of all the above-mentioned? (I'll exclude Landis and Buscemi from consideration, because I don't think they belong with the others. Actually, Landis belongs in retirement.) And are you one of those who always knocks Whedon for going for "kewl" moments while sacrificing plot and characterisation? Because if you are, how can you reconcile the two positions? All Burton, Woo, McG, Tarantino and Rodriguez do is make collections of "kewl" moments (Burton used to be better than that, but he lost it with Sleepy Hollow).
Old 02-06-2004, 08:24 PM   #57
David Falkayn
Do you like my new 'do?

Quote:
Sorry for the double post.

Okay, I've gotta ask this. Are you a fan of all the above-mentioned? (I'll exclude Landis and Buscemi from consideration, because I don't think they belong with the others. Actually, Landis belongs in retirement.) And are you one of those who always knocks Whedon for going for "kewl" moments while sacrificing plot and characterisation? Because if you are, how can you reconcile the two positions? All Burton, Woo, McG, Tarantino and Rodriguez do is make collections of "kewl" moments (Burton used to be better than that, but he lost it with Sleepy Hollow).
Burton, Woo, Tarantino, and Rodriguez pull it off while Whedon doesn't. But yes, Sleepy Hollow was a failure.

ETA: I'd put Kill Bill up with Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.
David Falkayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 08:34 PM   #58
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Because if you are, how can you reconcile the two positions? All Burton, Woo, McG, Tarantino and Rodriguez do is make collections of "kewl" moments (Burton used to be better than that, but he lost it with Sleepy Hollow).
I'm a big fan of all three, and like David said, they're able to pull it off. Joss can't.

All of those directors, especially R.Rodriquez and Q.Tarantino, have kewl moments with a interesting story with interesting characters. They make us care about El Mariachi and Carolina and Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega and Jules and Beatrix Kiddo and so on. All of those kewl moments are within the story and fit, not just "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if..." I'm not saying they don't have their "couldn't it be cool" moments, but they manage to pull it off.

Joss does things without thinking about what it'll do to the storyline, i.e. Darla's pregnancy. There was no reasoning behind it other than "HEY! Wouldn't it be KEWL if..."

And yep, I also put Kill Bill up there with PF and RD.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 09:12 PM   #59
KarKar

I still wouldn't mind if CC worked with them since they're still big name directors and get lots of press.

I kind of liked Sleepy HOllow, watchng Walken and Richardson camping it up was fun. Plus, he had a clear idea of the creepy visual.

And while not everyone may not have liked it, I suspect his next project will be a big event given Big Fish.

The only director in that list that I really can't get into is Woo. His work lately just seems to be bad action sequences and really bad overacting.

I did like Buscemi's movie and it got good reviews. That could be interesting if she worked with him.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:57 AM   #60
fielding

Quote:
Originally posted by LaLa247
Joss does things without thinking about what it'll do to the storyline, i.e. Darla's pregnancy. There was no reasoning behind it other than "HEY! Wouldn't it be KEWL if..."
That's a perfectly valid technique. The trick is then taking your great idea and integrating it into the larger narrative you're creating. And I think the Angel writers do that very well.

Last edited by fielding; 02-07-2004 at 10:23 AM.