Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2004, 03:46 AM   #1
Nirvana 1
Negative Creep

TV Guide online CC interview "Why Angel Lacks Charisma"

Found this- http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/

At the end of last night's Angel, viewers learned big news: Cordelia Chase is dead. That's a dreary development for fans of her portrayer, Charisma Carpenter, who are mourning her big time today. But is she gone forever? Could she rise again, like Spike? Here, TV Guide Online sits down with the 33-year-old actress for a candid conversation about Cordy's farewell and her future plans.

TV Guide Online: What a trip it's been. From spoiled rich girl to psychic friend to evil cradle robber! And by that I mean the Cordy and Connor coupling was wrong!
Carpenter: I was a dirty bird! Ugh. That wasn't Cordelia; she was possessed. [Laughs] I'm in denial about that whole story line. It was creepy. Connor was Angel's son and half my age.

TVGO: Why did Cordy have to die?
Carpenter: I'm not on the show anymore and we didn't want to just leave Cordelia in a coma. [Angel creator] Joss Whedon probably feels like this may be the last year — or not — but this would be a very big story left untold. It was necessary for me to at least come back and set her straight.

TVGO: Could you still come back?
Carpenter: Whatever happens after this, I'm open. But it's just best this story be [resolved] now. Otherwise, it's a disservice to the fans of our show. They pay attention, if you haven't noticed, and they're really rather fanatical about getting the full, complete story. They care about the story lines. The Connor/Cordelia thing was, like, major upheaval. They didn't like it and so they responded!

TVGO: It's great that they care enough to watch and complain.
Carpenter: Yeah, my fans are amazing. I didn't even realize that I had such a big following until I left. Whatever it took to discover that, I'm very lucky.

TVGO: So they'll want you back as Cordy...
Carpenter: I don't think it'll be necessary. You never say never. However, at this point in time, I don't see a future for her. Even if I didn't [have other acting work], I feel like Joss feels — the Cordelia stories have been told. There were no other directions to go with her. I mean, they made her a higher being! First she was bitchy, then she was nice. She's matured, she's evolved, what's left to tell? Not a lot. And that's fine.

TVGO: What are your plans?
Carpenter: Well, I can tell you what my goals are. I have a son now, so I want the half-hour sitcom lifestyle, where you can have a family and work. And then, during summer hiatus, I'd like to do a Kill Bill or Wonder Woman or some movie like that.

TVGO: Wait, you want to do the long-rumored Wonder Woman movie?
Carpenter: I am actively putting it out there that I want to do Lynda Carter. It's my mission to be Wonder Woman! My agent hasn't seen a script, but some studio needs to do it. She's beautiful, she fights, and I like the concept of an empowerment role. I've always been so passive on Angel, where they usually wouldn't let Cordelia do martial arts stunts. Charisma wants to kick ass and bust heads!

Last edited by Nirvana 1; 02-05-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Nirvana 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:54 AM   #2
Elisha
Classic

Okay she is just the sweetest. The way she talks about us aww she sounds so proud.

*squee* We always said she would make a great Wonder Women! Okay we gotta start campaigning. I wanna see Charisma do the whole kicking ass and busting heads.

Thank you for the link.

Team Cordy #813 -Loving Cordelia is not just our right but our responsibility.
Charisma's Bitch #3
Greenies Groupies #813

I am the surgeon of mean.

Last edited by Elisha; 02-05-2004 at 03:57 AM.
Elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:03 AM   #3
Carolina

Well, I have to say, I respectfully disagree with CC. I would have preferred Cordy to never again be mentioned on Angel than have her be killed off. However I admire her very much for taking her fans feelings to heart and going back to finish up after being treated so horribly.
The main thing that stood out in this article was when CC said something to the effect of, "I think Joss feels all Cordelia's stories have been told." Ya know Joss, if you were a better writer, Cordy'd have an endless supply of stories. A pox on your house of ME, Joss Whedon! And bless CC's(and NB, AB,& EC while I'm at it)heart for putting up with his shit for seven years.
I really hope CC gets her sitcom. I think she'd be great in a Scrubs/Arrested Development style sitcom sans laugh track. Spread your wings, baby!

Last edited by Carolina; 02-05-2004 at 04:06 AM.
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:15 AM   #4
argel
beloved cordelia

She's too cute, that Charisma. What a nice interview. Also, I would enjoy seeing her as Wonder Woman. That would be awesome. Hey, I stumbled onto this picture someone made, check it out:

Interesting, no?

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:42 AM   #5
Fatima
Our Girl

She's a star, after every interview I read i love her more.
Charisma's Bitch #9
Team Cordy™ Member #55
So Hard Gal #55 Supreme ruler
Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
~Martin Luther King Jr~
Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:30 AM   #6
missdini

Quote:
TVGO: It's great that they care enough to watch and complain.
Carpenter: Yeah, my fans are amazing. I didn't even realize that I had such a big following until I left. Whatever it took to discover that, I'm very lucky
She's so sweet! Thanks for posting the link!
missdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:52 AM   #7
Jake

Quote:
I feel like Joss feels — the Cordelia stories have been told
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:03 AM   #8
fielding

What's noteworthy is that she says "whatever happens after this, I'm open" - definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully, the enormously positive reaction to You're Welcome will encourage ME and Charisma to plan for future appearances. The WB certainly wants to see her back.
fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:05 AM   #9
Yoda-Mira
Wanna live before I die.

*sigh* I love this girl!
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:07 AM   #10
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

TVGO: Could you still come back?
Carpenter: Whatever happens after this, I'm open. But it's just best this story be [resolved] now. Otherwise, it's a disservice to the fans of our show. They pay attention, if you haven't noticed, and they're really rather fanatical about getting the full, complete story. They care about the story lines. The Connor/Cordelia thing was, like, major upheaval. They didn't like it and so they responded!

Gotta LOVE the "in case you haven't noticed" line....lol
YAAAAAAAAAAA Charisma

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:10 AM   #11
Florrie
I want it all for me...

Quote:
Yeah, my fans are amazing.
Aren't we just?

Quote:
Charisma wants to kick ass and bust heads!
Florrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:14 AM   #12
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
TVGO: Wait, you want to do the long-rumored Wonder Woman movie?
Carpenter: I am actively putting it out there that I want to do Lynda Carter. It's my mission to be Wonder Woman! My agent hasn't seen a script, but some studio needs to do it. She's beautiful, she fights, and I like the concept of an empowerment role. I've always been so passive on Angel, where they usually wouldn't let Cordelia do martial arts stunts. Charisma wants to kick ass and bust heads!
Go CC! This is a campaign I can get behind.

Awesome interview, it actually clears up some questions; especially why she was brought back now and the storyline was wrapped up. IMO (and it's only my opinion) Little Joe is lying his ass off about S6 and knows that this is the end for ATS.

Oh and I'm so glad she knows that she has fan support.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:15 AM   #13
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

She's a total sweetheart.

Quote:
don't think it'll be necessary. You never say never. However, at this point in time, I don't see a future for her. Even if I didn't [have other acting work], I feel like Joss feels — the Cordelia stories have been told. There were no other directions to go with her. I mean, they made her a higher being! First she was bitchy, then she was nice. She's matured, she's evolved, what's left to tell? Not a lot. And that's fine.
Why do I feel as though she's just saying that cos she's fed up and wants to move on? Prior to the firing she was all about doing the next season because she knew Cordelia *did* have a future that needed exploring. Now, she's suddenly changed her mind?

Either way, it's over and done. I reckon she's just saying that for the sake of saying it and cos she's fed up of the whole thing and just wants to leave it there. Or perhaps it's just me who detects a hint of sarcasm.

But hey, if she's happy, I'm happy.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:36 AM   #14
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
I'd like to do a Kill Bill or Wonder Woman or some movie like that.
Somebody get Quentin on the phone! Uma and Charisma in one movie? I would DIE.

CC has always been my choice for Wonder Woman, and I hope if this movie comes into fruitation, she'll get it.

Off topic, but the "Superman" people want Johnny Depp as Lex Luthor (sit DOWN, Stef) and....

Beyonce as Lois Lane.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:40 AM   #15
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Beyonace? To replace Kidder? I don't think so. Why does Hollywood go for hype and not for people that actually fit the character?

Seriously did anyone see Hally Berry dressed up and acting like CatWoman for Oprah's B-Day episode? She looked ridiculous and couldn't pull of that sexy/sultry quality that is inherent to the character.