Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #16
manders-21
Angel's "Mandy"

Yeah, it happened but the dumbass did't get it or chose to ignore it lol

Amanda

"They read all the books, but can't find the answers." ~ John Mayer
manders-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #17
Delenn
C/A - 5 yrs. & counting.

I have been watching this season and its been mostly crap. This episode WAS THE BEST THIS SEASON. CC was WONDERFUL, the chemistry was there, the FANG GANG was there, and it was wonderful. And yes, I knew the ending, and despite that, I thought it was a wonderful send off for a wonderful woman and character. AND it is kinda open to interpretation whether she is gone totally, etc.

I liked this episode in so many ways. Lots of yummy C/A, lots of questions brought up vis a vis Connor, etc. I loved it. And the Doyle bit---so nice to see references to him...

It was great.
Shiny Happy Person #1225
Wesley's Reading Wenches #1225

Slaying, Blogging, Whatever
Delenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #18
LadyJubilee

Wow....I cried. CC was fantastic. Still love the chemistry.

(Yet even as much as I enjoyed C/A moments, there was enough of a glimpse at what this season has been like for me to be pretty darn glad I haven't been watching.)
LadyJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:05 PM   #19
jenny
Take That ME!

The whole episode was just so great. I can't really say more because I can't stop crying right now. I'll be back after I calm down some.
Charisma's Bitch #78 / Team Cordy #206

As Cordy goes, so goes my nation!

"Watch as ME insults every fanbase, no matter who they are- next week on the WB!" - LaLa247
jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:06 PM   #20
Marcy

Im still crying
Im so sad. Cordy is (was?) just so beautiful.
Does anyone know how to feel better?
patiently
i'll wait for you there
like a stone

Team Cordy # 830
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #21
Chipper
Snark Incorporated

Wow. Wow. I'm just...chalk it up to this episode to make me all teary eyed at the end.

David, Charisma...hell, David Fury!!!......thank you...thank you AD, AA, JAR, AH, JM, CK.......thank you.

That kiss....it was everything I hoped it to be and more. The entire episode....David and Charisma have such great chemistry, and CC was on the mark the entire time...just.....God I'm in love.

Best episode of the year. One of the best Angel's, I'd say. Just amazing. They brought it all to the table, with great acting, great character interaction. It was just wonderful.

Cordy calling Angel on everything, including Connor and the mindwipe (PLEASE PLEASE ADDRESS THIS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WITH VK!!!)...

Just.....if anything had to be a sendoff this was it. It was Cordy's sendoff and I loved it...

I loved the fact that the gang understood that Cordy wasn't herself...would I have liked more interaction with Fred and Lorne and Gunn? Yeah, but it's a 1 hour show with a lot to do, especially for a 100th episode...

Hopefully, this trend continues with the season...wow....I'm just speechless...

10/10
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #22
LaLa247
Wooo!

I liked it. A lot.

Took this for what it was, Cordy/Charisma's last ep, and I loved it.

- She looked fabulous. Absolutely fabulous.

- Loved her interaction with the Fang Gang.

- Okay, the scene in the hallway between Cordy, Spike, and Angel had me rolling. "Did you call me a tit?" And the whole exchange between Cordy and Spike about souls? PRICELESS. What coulda been...

- Eve can eat shit and die. Thank you.

- Lindsey shirtless- this was an extraordinary day. Oh, yes.

- Cordy's death- made me sad, but it was done nicely. If you paid attention, you knew from the beginning, at least from Wes' part on. And how sad Cordy looked...

Okay, the C/A. Let's go old school.

The hug! The touching! The KISS!

I'll skip it all and get right to the last scene- I teared up because that exchange between Cordy and Angel was so damn *real*. There's no way those tears between them was scripted.

And the KISS. That's what I was waiting for for four years. That whopper of a kiss- and did anyone see the spit? They really went for it! *g*

Yeah, I'm sad. Teared up during the end and am still weepy. Give me a few.

ETA:
Quote:
When did you hear Cordy die? Are you saying when she gasped when she "awoke" that that's when she died?
No, after that. When the screen goes black- you can hear her struggling for breath...and that's all I'm saying.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #23
Platypus
The Pointy End

So, I watched it. Unlike Sam, I didn't want to tape it. I figured I'd take the band-aid approach, since that seemed appropriate. After all, what happened to Cordy in the last year is still a bit of a festering sore with me, and I figured I'd just rip that band-aid off and get it over with, once and for all.

On the plus side, it also means I get to post in the Discussion thread. I'd like to be able to do my top 10 things I loved about the episode, or a Cheers and Jeers, but there's no point. Instead, three thoughts about the episode.

(1) It was good to see Cordy again, even if it wasn't real Cordy. Charisma, as always, was fabulous. No one can match her in wit, delivery, humour, emotion, and just plain "hotliness". Rest in peace, Cordelia Chase - you deserved far better than you got. And much success for the future, Charisma Carpenter - because you are far far better than those left behind.

(2) Holy crap, does this show suck now. I could have done a top ten of all the things wrong with it. So that was Eve? Is she supposed to come off like she's 12? And nice to see scatological humour (Lorne peeing himself) and terribly unsubtle double entendres (Eve's *comings* and goings) are still alive and well. Not to mention complete and utter inconsistency. Lindsey is upset because the Senior Partners gave Angel what he'd worked for? IIRC, they OFFERED it to Lindsey, and he turned them down. Whatever. Suck, suck, suckity suck. Angel whining about how he "can't do it anymore"? Who took the offer at W&H, bub? And all of a sudden, Fred gazing on Wesley dreamily just because he's working some mojo, when she's made it clear on several occasions she's not interested? Whatever, whatever, whatever - the heart and soul of this show has always been Cordelia Chase, so it's no surprise that the show is lacking in those departments. I didn't realize fully that the brains of the show had also left for parts unknown.

(3) Angel? So not worth dying for. Hating him.

So that's it, that's all, that's everything. And now, I'm off to the party!

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 PM   #24
samluvsharrison
...or someone's in fun

To many tear drops...dun dun dun...

(I'll come back with real comments in a sec)
Charisma's Bitch #3.6|Shiny Happy Person #3.14159265|Fred Fanatic #Pi|Team Cordy™ #135

Last edited by samluvsharrison; 02-04-2004 at 09:14 PM.
samluvsharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #25
Sage

That was really good!! It was such a refreshing change to have Cordy back, and it actually kind of seemed like an early season 4 or season three epsiode, well, almost. The ending was sad, but all the C/A was awsome and all wonderfully done. There were a lot of really fun lines, and one I am glad I had the tape going for.

From where the elevator closed, including Lorne's line, you could tell it was very hard for the actors themselves, IMO. Yay for the kiss - finally!

However, could CC's shirt be buttoned any lower?? Wow. But I must admitt - she did look great.

Team Cordy #161
"We have black and white, but when they get mixed together you get gray. And no matter how much white you add to that gray, you will never get white again" ~Lilah
"He's [Angel] pretty much an equal opportunity saver" ~Fred

Last edited by Sage; 02-04-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #26
lex

I went back and forth deciding whether or not I would watch. I have to say I'm glad I did, Charisma was wonderful and there is so much chemistry between her and DB on screen. If this is the last time we see Cordelia, then it was a good send off. It showed that she is a true hero.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #27
Princess Cordelia
A/C...It's just Fate

I will admit it i was crying., that kisss WOowwww it was so emotional like it was real OMG i was cryingggggg. Teh part when theyw ere inteh bedroom talking OMG "I NEED YOU" hwo sweet was that.
DAVID AND CHARISMA so need to do a movie together there chemistry is off the chart!
HOW great was the show with her HOW GREAT WAS IT! do i even have to mention that. She is so the Queen.
The fact of giving up her life just to save Angel THAT IS WAT U CALL LOVE now can anyone contradict that YOU BETER NOT! SHe only came back for him...
SHE was so awesome during the show!!!
I am so upset at her send off I HOPE they bring her back they beterrrrr some how work some magic i dun care! but it wa steh BEST ANGEL EPISODE EVER! only b/c Cordy was there , i do not think it would have been half as great without her.
Now excuse me i need to go and cry some moree. still trying to overcome the episode... and that gooodbye... no it's nota goodbye it's it's a, a see ya later. OK
ANd belive me the show is gonna go back to it's boring ol' self wiithout Cordelia as b4 , it is so gonna not be worth watching...

Joss can suck my toe, oh wait I don't want "DUMBASS" germs...

Last edited by Princess Cordelia; 02-04-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Princess Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #28
Angellicious

I have to say, there were many moments that I loved.

Cordelia is so in love with him. Charisma's performance rocked, and she let that love shine through. The bedroom chat, I *wish* Cordelia would of finished saying the love word. (We all know who to blame for that).

The kiss! God! I frickin' busted out in tears for the last 5 minutes. And that's all I can manage to get out right at the moment.

Oh. One more thing. I would have liked to see Angel drop to his knees in tears when he heard she died.

I will miss the shit out of our beloved Cordelia. And as the saying goes around these parts...."As Cordy goes, so goes my nation".

Team Cordy #224

A little less conversation, a little more action please
Angellicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #29
imona
Eat my dust!

What was so cool to me was hearing Cordy say to Angel all of the things we've been saying all season long. It was like she was our voice. Cordy and Angel were the only characters that really mattered in this episode. And the kiss at the end broke my heart, she was crying and kissing him. *sob* I actually cried. Dammit. Angel didn't deserve her. Everything else in the episode (except for the Wes/Cordy interactions) was pretty blah.

I wonder why she didn't have anything special to say to Gunn? I know they were trying to cram everything into one episode, but geez...

"Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year." from The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton
Charisma's BITCH #7
Team Cordy #183
imona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 09:15 PM   #30
Marcy

This is my second post in like 5 minutes.
I needed to get some more stuff out.
The episode was really brilliant. It made remember why I fell in love with the show in the first place, but unfortunately this is the first episode of the season I watched and the last.
Cordelia was so amazing and that last scene was so heartwrenching, I havent cried like that in a long time.
I felt so angry and then so sad and now I feel calm. Is this closure? Is this what it feels like?
I'll always love Cordelia and damn Im glad we got one last episode for the road with her and Angel and their wonderfulness.
patiently
i'll wait for you there
like a stone

Team Cordy # 830
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote