Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #16
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
You know I always wondered why Whedon just didn't put Willow and Buffy together as a couple.
As I understand it, that's explains Kennedy.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #17
samsmom

Quote:
Listen sister, get on board. Everyone loves Willow! She is everyone's fantasy! Women want to be her and men want to be with her and even some women want to be with her. Who wouldn't? With the cutesy baby talk and the resolve face and the oh so sexy outfits.

You know I always wondered why Whedon just didn't put Willow and Buffy together as a couple. Everyone loved Willow and the only person whom everyone loved more was Buffy, sounds to me like the makings of the perfect power couple.

Willow/Fred is the ticket. That's the power couple of cuteness and firm-as-a-kitten toughness. I mean, think of the baby-talk.

::thinks::

::shudders deeply::

Xander had spots of hotness - The Pack, and the blue-shirt-of-sexiness in Family when he walks up to Anya and lays that kiss on her from across the counter, his 'I like the quiet' speech in The Zeppo - but mostly he just sort of faded into the background whenever Angel or Spike was in the scene. For me.

I always thought it was dead stupid for him to want anyone else when he had Cordy, but it goes along with my opinion that Xander has a habit of wanting women he wasn't dating - at least until Anya.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #18
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Listen sister, get on board. Everyone loves Willow! She is everyone's fantasy! Women want to be her and men want to be with her and even some women want to be with her. Who wouldn't? With the cutesy baby talk and the resolve face and the oh so sexy outfits.

You know I always wondered why Whedon just didn't put Willow and Buffy together as a couple. Everyone loved Willow and the only person whom everyone loved more was Buffy, sounds to me like the makings of the perfect power couple.

I think you just wrote yourself a hit tv show. Set it in an apartment building with a pool so they can battle evil and lounge around in bikinis...I think we have a ratings superstar.

(PS. Thank you, so much, for the great laugh. I needed it SO bad today. LOL)
Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #19
JoJo

Quote:
I always thought it was dead stupid for him to want anyone else when he had Cordy, but it goes along with my opinion that Xander has a habit of wanting women he wasn't dating - at least until Anya.
And losing interest when he did get them. I never liked the way he treated Anya, all those snide remarks and eye rolls. I thought it was interesting that he didn't want Willow until she started dating Oz.

I wonder how long his crush on and idealization of Buffy would have lasted if she'd returned his feelings.

Back on topic:

Good article.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #20
brownsbros3

Thanks JoJo. One of the website's requirements is that we post our e-mail addresses at the bottom for column feedback. I've gotten several e-mails from folks that thought it was a pretty funny column. I've also heard from the Whedon worshippers who said basically, "How dare you compare something as high class as Buffy and Angel to something as low-brow as pro wrestling?"

In fairness to Mutant Enemy, the tasteless things they did are nowhere near as tasteless as the stuff done by World Wrestling Entertainment. For those that don't follow wrestling, here's a brief synopsis of the tasteless things that I mentioned in the article.

Dr. Heinie - Wrestling Announcer Jim Ross was fired from his on-air position. A couple of weeks later it was revealed that he had surgery in real life to remove a growth on his colon. On Raw, they did a SNL type of skit where Vince McMahon, the owner of the company, dressed up as "Dr. Heinie." They also dressed up a mannequin complete with a fake buttocks to look like Ross complete with audio dubs from his wrestling commentary. Dr Heinie then performed "surgery" by pulling various objects out of the fake butt including Jim's head. (i.e. he had his head up his ass)

HLA (Hot Lesbian Action) - Because Smackdown was having a gay wedding between two male wrestlers, Raw General Manager Eric Bischoff invited two female wrestlers in training, posing as regular people, to make out with each other in the ring. They started fondling and kissing each other. All of sudden two fat Samoan wrestlers came out from the crowd and beat them up. One of the girls actually did suffer legitmate rib cage injuries when one of the Samoan's kicks went further than planned.

Mae Young's hand - Mae Young is an 80 year old former female wrestler. They did a bit where she and Mark Henry, a near 400 pounder, were romantically involved. Mae supposedly became pregnant. Several weeks later she went into labor, and gave birth to hand. They then said "let's give Mae a hand", and everyone backstage clapped.

Al Wilson - Al is the father of female wrestler and former two time Playboy covergirl Torrie Wilson. The storyline was that Al started dating Dawn Marie, another female wrestler. Dawn and Al eventually did an in-ring wedding where they stripped down to the underwear. While Dawn Marie was in her late 20's-early 30's, keep in mind Al was in his early 60's. They then did a series of vignettes of them on their honeymoon that culminated in Al "dying" from too much sex with Dawn Marie.

Katie Vick - Triple H was involved in a feud with Kane. To play mind games, he did some checking into Kane's past. Katie was supposedly a former girlfriend of Kane's. The story goes that they got drunk at a party, and were involved in a traffic crash. Katie "died." Triple H said that semen was found inside Katie, and wondered if Kane raped her while she was alive, or after she died.

Eddie Guerrero - Eddie was an active wrestler who was found dead in his hotel room of a heart attack. The entire locker room was devastated. Recently, they have been doing storylines where one of Eddie's friends, Rey Mysterio, has been praying to Eddie to help him win these pre-determined matches. The Big Show spit on Eddie's car during a match with Mysterio. Recently, Rey has been feuding with Randy Orton, who's claim is that Eddie is not in Heaven, he's "in Hell."

These were all as bad as they sound.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #21
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
In fairness to Mutant Enemy, the tasteless things they did are nowhere near as tasteless as the stuff done by World Wrestling Entertainment. For those that don't follow wrestling, here's a brief synopsis of the tasteless things that I mentioned in the article.

These were all as bad as they sound.
Which is why my husband (and by extension, me, yay!) stopped watching wrestling for good about two/two and a half years ago. It had gotten *so* fake and corny that not even he could stomach it (The mans favorite show is Smallville, okay. The man eats fake, contrived, and cheesy up with a spoon.)

Honestly you have to wonder about people when the lure of money and fame will get them to debase themselves in such a manner. B movie hams and Pop stars selling sex instead of music have classier images than that. And what kills me is that I know a lot of these folks are nice people out of the ring.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #22
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsbros3
Recently, they have been doing storylines where one of Eddie's friends, Rey Mysterio, has been praying to Eddie to help him win these pre-determined matches. The Big Show spit on Eddie's car during a match with Mysterio. Recently, Rey has been feuding with Randy Orton, who's claim is that Eddie is not in Heaven, he's "in Hell."
Disgusting. What a way to cheapen the man's memory. These people have no shame.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #23
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Disgusting. What a way to cheapen the man's memory. These people have no shame.
Bai Ling has more shame than them.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #24
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I love that site.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Man, wasn't there a time when she was supposed to be the Next Big Thing? Did playing Jheira curse her forever?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #26
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post

Ah, green font, how I love thee.

I am catching up on BTVS, and I have to tell you I really just don't care for Willow. Her pouty face sucks the life out of the room. I don't understand hwo she can be so popular. It's worse that everyone seems to love Aly. Whenever I listen to the commentary tracks of the DVD, it's like it's become "All About Aly."

I'm on season 6 right now, and while I think we're supposed to feel sorry for her and her magic addiction, I just keep thinking Tara is too good for her.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote