Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How Invested are You?
Rabidly - You live on fic, you get in shipper arguments, and want more NOW! 16 14.55%
Somewhat invested - read the occasional fic, watch reruns, buy some DVDs, etc. 47 42.73%
Lamenting - too bitter over the end that you don't want to talk about it 12 10.91%
Eh - You'll watch it if it's on, but that's about it 17 15.45%
Actively uninterested - You are tired of hearing about it. It's over already. 18 16.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

How Much are You Still Invested?

I'm curious as to how invested people still are in the whole BTVS/Angel "thang". I myself don't feel that I'm invested at all, but some obviously still are, given the continued posting in the Cordyverse forum and the constant items in TV Guide about a possible Spike TV movie.

So, I thought I'd do a poll.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
jerry

I went with "Somewhat". I'd still have an interest in watching/reading any future projects in that universe, but I don't really think about it much.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
samsmom

A little more than "somewhat" for me. I read fic everyday, it's what I do instead of watching TV. I own the first two seasons of Angel on DVD and have plans to buy the 3rd, but it's not a burning need. I write the occasional fic. I don't have plans to watch the Spike movie, or any other Buffyverse saga, because I've lost my faith in Joss's intentions. The only thing I want to see, whether in comic book form or some other medium, is the resurrection of Cordelia, and C/A happening the way it was going in early S3. But I really think it's a dead issue with ME, so I don't spend my time trying to campaign for it. I'd rather follow CC and DB to their next shows and root for their success there. So yah, 'somewhat'.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
Prima
I have no idea...

I picked "Actively Uninterested".

It's really hard to muster any sort of feelings on the topic anymore. I confess that I've already moved on to my Next. Big. Fandom. that's keeping me busy. It's also seemingly blessedly shipper (ew!) transcendent nutbar free.

Either that or they really hide it better.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 AM   #5
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I picked actively uninterested also, even though it seems oxymoronic. But even if the universe was revisited in some form, and if I decided to watch, I don't think I'd ever get as invested again as I was in Buffy and Angel.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:32 AM   #6
Cantinera
Miss StrangerThings 2003

Location: I don't know at the moment, so stop asking difficult questions.
I'd say "Actively Uninterested" as well, which seems odd since I am still here. However, I don't watch or care about it anymore. When friends bring up Buffy or Angel to me, I tend to tune out and not really hold an opinion.

I still talk to fandom people though, follow Charisma's career and come here though. So maybe I'm more indifferent but still in fandom which sounds odd, but hey!

Last.fm: for the musically nosy.
Cantinera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:45 AM   #7
JoJo

I picked Eh.

I'll watch an ep if I catch it (unless it features Connor), and I'll check FFnet to see if one of the few decent ficcers has a new fic, but that's about it.

I've pretty much said everything I have to say about CC/BTVS/ATS, so thats all folks.
JoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
galathea

Well, I am still totally invested in AtS .. never was as much into BtVS. I own all the DVDs and am on the 8th re-run now lol. Fanfic is a must on a daily basis and I seldom end the day without watching one or two fanvids lol. Still into discussions on various boards and make a lot of fanart. Uhm pretty obsessed lol. But then I came to the Angel fandom way later than a lot of you all, only discovered it about a year ago. Though I am interested in some other shows as well, Angel still is my priority .. I doubt that I will ever become as obsessed with any other show.

I have to admit the only thing that really bothers me are the occasional *Joss will continue the Buffyverse* rumours. I feel kinda nauseous when I read articles like that cause I am uttely convinced he will manage to completely destroy everything that is left of Angel as it was after S5. So I wish his other projects are huge successes and he leaves Angel alone. Good thing though that DB seem to be very uninterested in ever playing Angel again!

Last edited by galathea; 11-12-2005 at 08:03 AM.
galathea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:40 AM   #9
califi

I'm totally invested in C/A fanfic-esp reading it.

But I haven't watched reruns in the past year or longer - not really a TV buff anyhoo (scuse the untintended pun ) and haven't got into any other shows due to that, since AtS 3. I don't avidly follow anything outside the fic/art arena, AtS or otherwise, so none of the above votes suits me really, except partially #1.

GoTeam C/A

Last edited by califi; 11-12-2005 at 08:43 AM.
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
LaLa247
Wooo!

I picked "eh", although now that I'm reading, it may not be the right choice. I watch certain eps if they're on, but I haven't watched my DVDs in ages. However, I do follow the actor's careers and will watch if they're on tv.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #11
rousedower
cancelled

I went with 'actively uninterested'. I still read C/A fic, but that's it.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13

Last edited by rousedower; 11-12-2005 at 11:45 AM.
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #12
ryanelli

Hi, I chose Rabidly, while I am more in the Vested league. I came across Cordy/Angel fanfiction at the beginning of this year. So, talking about late. I have all season of Angel, and followed Angel from BTVS. I read fanfiction daily. I love it. There is no one on TV now that has captured and held my attention, since Angel/Cordy. Had somewhat interest in Veronica/Logan, until this season opener. Also like Jason and Sam, from General Hospital, but they coudn't knock the love I have for Angel/Cordy. So, I thank God for the fanfiction writers.
ryanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:36 AM   #13
brownsbros3

I consider myself still interested. When I take an active interest in characters for eight years it is hard to just quit cold turkey. I am pissed at TNT and FX because they pushed the reruns of Angel and Buffy back to 6am my time, and I just don't want to get up that early. I still take an interest in the actors, and when I hear about them in a TV or movie project, I do my best to check it out.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #14
LordKain
Devil Hunter

re:

Hardly at all it is just to depressing to see what happend to Angel the show and the character although I do have a fan fic in my mind that I think of every so often that involves Angel beating the crap out of that slut Buffy and degranding her while he is doing it.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #15
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain
although I do have a fan fic in my mind that I think of every so often that involves Angel beating the crap out of that slut Buffy and degranding her while he is doing it.
Wow. It is not that serious, dude.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote