Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #31
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

From Zap2It.com

Quote:
NBC's "ER" led the way with a 6.6./11. "Big Shots" was second in households for ABC at 6.0/10. CBS' "Viva Laughlin" (5.8/10) had a few more viewers than ABC, but the murder mystery-with-music lost more than half of its lead-in audience and also fell at the half-hour mark
Old 10-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #32
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Funny interview with Christopher Titus at Access Hollywood, in which he talks about the admitted strangeness of him being the one playing "Mr. All Together":

Quote:
Strangely, your character is probably the least messed up of the bunch.

It’s weird. When I first read it, I thought this guy’s an A-hole. He’s this loud and obnoxious guy and the reason he is so loud and obnoxious is because he has a lot of integrity. He keeps his life real straight so he can do what he wants and no one can really call him on anything.

And he loves his wife!

Yeah, he loves his wife and she henpecks him a bit, and he’s OK with it because he realizes what he has.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:47 AM   #33
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I watched the first 30 minutes of the show last night, the rest are stored on my DVR. I have to say I really liked it, the Brody/Duncan blackmailer scenes were hysterical, Titus still knows how to bring the funny.

The James (Vartan) scenes with his ex and her perfect new boyfriend rung true, I can see how he didn't like being told that Nick was fun. That's ironically a typical mother's reaction as they're usually the boring/dicipline figuyre while the dad is the fun one; now the roles are reversed in a way.

If CC is Janelle I really can't wait to see CC and Titus together.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #34
Platypus
The Pointy End

I haven't watched yet, but at this point I just hope that it doesn't get cancelled before CC's scheduled appearances. It doesn't appear to be doing very well in the ratings at all - hopefully, ABC will move it into another time slot before axing it altogether.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #35
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
I haven't watched yet, but at this point I just hope that it doesn't get cancelled before CC's scheduled appearances. It doesn't appear to be doing very well in the ratings at all - hopefully, ABC will move it into another time slot before axing it altogether.
Apparently the president of ABC has a huge boner for this show and likely will do anything to save it. I have no source on that other than TWoP scuttlebutt, but there you go. It seems to be doing well enough that most people comment first on how poorly ER is doing, for whatever that's worth.

Meanwhile, Christopher Titus continues to be wasted shamefully. As a TWoP poster pointed out, even Terrence Freakin' Recurring Character Hill has more of a storyline at this point. They need Janelle -- need her like air -- if for no other reason than that it already looks as if they've put an Rx label on Brody reading "For Occasional Comic Relief Only."

And for what? The James/Katie "work buddies who might be perfect for each other" storyline? Maybe I'm spoiled after watching DB and CC play that so much better for so many years, but this show is trying to take a drastic shortcut (constantly telling us how James and Katie have been through so much together, stuck through thick and thin, yadda yadda inevitability-cakes), and neither Vartan nor Long is up to it, frankly.

However, I am more invested in Duncan's story now. Maybe this is the first sign that the boat is turning.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #36
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Interesting, I guess since I've never watched completly I had no idea who Nia Long was. I thought that was his admin just being a good really good assistant

Yeah, I really didn't see the chemistry between James and Nia Long but who knows? I just keep waiting for signs of life for Titus. I really do hope introducing CC (as Janelle) will give Brody a great storyline.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #37
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Courtesy of the Futon Critic, here's a description of what is supposed to be CC's first episode, "The Way We Weren't." (I qualify this because all the episode numbers seem to be off at this point with ABC moving them around the way they have!)

Quote:
Duncan tests his sense of adventure as he goes to great lengths to reclaim his title at Reveal; James puts his current relationships aside to focus on a custody battle when Stacey tells him she's moving to California; Karl confronts his past when his high school bully makes a bid for membership at Firmwood; and Brody taps into his creative side when he discovers hidden love-poems written to Janelle by old lovers, on "Big Shots," THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 PM   #38
tojoson

also from the Futon Critic

date (day) time network episode title
12/27/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#1??) (Projected Date) (R)
12/20/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#1??) (Projected Date) (R)
12/13/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#1??) (Projected Date) (R)
12/6/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#1??) (Projected Date) (R)
11/29/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#109) (Projected Date)
11/15/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#108) The Way We Weren't
11/8/07 (Th.) 10:07 PM ABC (#107) Who's Your Daddy?
11/1/07 (Th.) 10:07 PM ABC (#106) Car Trouble
10/25/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#105) Greatest Amerimart Hero
10/18/07 (Th.) 10:02 PM ABC (#104) Three's a Crowd
10/11/07 (Th.) 10:01 PM ABC (#103) The Good, the Bad, and the Really Ugly
10/4/07 (Th.) 10:01 PM ABC (#102) Tall, Dark and Hairless
9/27/07 (Th.) 10:01 PM ABC (#101) Pilot

Notice the start times on Nov 1st. and 8th.

Looks like all reruns in December.

I wonder why they're being so secretive about CC joining the show.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #39
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
I wonder why they're being so secretive about CC joining the show.
I'm guessing because of who she's rumored to play. Also... ---> I posted a link for sides from what seems to be her first episode, and there are some interesting twists in the way they introduce the character that CC almost certainly plays. They make for some interesting speculation on Brody and Janelle's relationship, which may turn out to be far more complex than the show has previously let on. At any rate, there's a gotcha involved. I'm guessing they'd like to keep it as big as possible.<---
Old 10-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #40
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

OK, so 3 more weeks? Hopefully, she'll get some nice pimpage out of the role.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #41
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Ratings from zap2it.com

Quote:
The final minutes of an extended "Grey's" and "Big Shots" averaged 6.2/10 for ABC. NBC's "ER," 5.9/10, was third in households but had a few more total viewers than ABC.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #42
Cata
... in her smile.

According to this the fast national ratings were:

Quote:
Big Shots on ABC at an approximate 9.01 million viewers and a 3.7/10 in the demo. I stress approximate because the first four or five minutes of the 10 p.m. half hour included Grey’s Anatomy. With that in mind, look how much Big Shots dropped in the second half-hour:

10:00 p.m. Grey’s Anatomy/Big Shots – Viewers: 11.21 million, A18-49: 4.7/12
10:30 p.m. Big Shots – Viewers: 6.81 million, A18-49: 2.8/ 8
I think Big Shots is dead in that time slot. If they don't move it will be canceled. Or, maybe, the strike is its only hope to stay on the air.

Did Heather appear in last night episode or that part was cut?

Love can be a terrible thing. - Wes.
I used to think that. I thought love was - something that swallowed you whole, ripped you up inside, but, you know, what I feel for Connor, even that fear... - Wes, it's - it's not terrible. (Sighs and looks down) It's beautiful. - Angel, "Loyalty".

Have to play to win. - Angel, "The House Always Wins".

Last edited by Cata; 11-03-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Cata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #43
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cata View Post
Did Heather appear in last night episode or that part was cut?
No, no Heather, but Elizabeth Rohm was there. I wonder if her part is recurring and she and CC will have a reunion.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #44
tootyfnfruity

so when is this show on, i wanna def try to watch it and the other show cc is gonna be on (not sure of it's name or time either).

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #45
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootyfnfruity View Post
so when is this show on, i wanna def try to watch it and the other show cc is gonna be on (not sure of it's name or time either).
It airs at 10 p.m./9 Central Thursdays on ABC (except on Thanksgiving Day). CC's first appearance will be in the November 29 episode.

Unfortunately, the series then goes into reruns for December, but there you have it.

CC's next new TV appearance will be on Back to You November 7.