Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #31
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Yeah, I'm a pessimist, but if she's only in a scene or two, there's always a chance she'll end up on the cutting room floor. Now I wish she was playing the Bullock "rumored" role because that one sounds like it's got some meat to it. (No pun intended toward Statham of course.)
I assume CC's got the Bullock role but who knows. You really can't go by the AICN report, the movie is still casting/filming and he's working off an original script. Who knows what happens in the end.

Just found this over at IMDb putting it in spoilers just to be safe --> apparently Stratham's character is a Don Juan so he has an girlfriend (CC) and then he falls in love with some chick while they're on the job. Here's a link but it's in another language.
http://edmrocky.blogspot.com/2009/03/gisele-itie-os-mercenarios.html<---
Old 03-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #32
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Just found this over at IMDb putting it in spoilers just to be safe --> apparently Stratham's character is a Don Juan so he has an girlfriend (CC) and then he falls in love with some chick while they're on the job. Here's a link but it's in another language.
http://edmrocky.blogspot.com/2009/03/gisele-itie-os-mercenarios.html<---
That sound you hear is IMDB raining all over my parade...

I sincerely hope this isn't true and that she has the Bullock role. She'd rock it and I do NOT want her to end up on the cutting room floor. Still, there are articles and people squeeing about it all over the place so maybe that'll have a positive effect. They've only just started filming so here's to hoping she gets the screentime she deserves.

ETA: By Matt Goldberg. Who is Matt Goldberg?? --> While "The Expendables" may have gathered the greatest cast of all-time, it is a bit of a sausage fest. No longer! TV Guide is reporting that Charisma Carpenter will be playing Jason Statham's girlfriend in the flick. For those just tuning in, the plot concerns a group of mercenaries attempting to overthrow a South American dictator. I don't know if she'll get to kick any ass in the film, but hopefully the boys will leave her a few henchmen.

Here's another great fact about "The Expendables": I don't think there's any lead character in this film that's under the age of 35. How great is that? Also, while some folks are concerned about the PG-13 rating (which isn't even confirmed yet seeing as the film hasn't gone before the MPAA), I would like to remind folks that an 80s "R" is today's PG-13, especially as far as violence is concerned.

"The Expendables" remains one of the most highly-anticipated films of 2010.

Hopfully indeed...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain

Last edited by Gabriella; 03-11-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #33
DamnSkippy

Quote:
I assume CC's got the Bullock role but who knows. You really can't go by the AICN report, the movie is still casting/filming and he's working off an original script. Who knows what happens in the end.
I'm going by the TV Guide report that CC is set to play Statham's girlfriend. The Bullock role is not the girlfriend part but, according to the review of the script, some CIA person. There's no mention that the CIA person *is* Statham's girlfriend but I suppose it's possible.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #34
Bryan

This is the Babelfish translation of Morrigan's post...................

Gisele Itié (photos) is the first actress confirmed in the Mercenaries (The Expendables), according to column of Ancelmo Goals, the periodical the Globe. The actress of 28 years assumes the role that was pra to be of Cléo Pìres, that could not accept because of its obligations with the novel Way of India. The choice of Gisele (that it was born in Mexico, but lives has some years in Brazil) already was waited since last week, when the producer Ivan Teixeira counted to the site Ego that it would have to sign its contract this week. With this, the actress will have to assume the role of Sandra, a young that will have a romance with the Christmas personage, who will be interpreted by Jason Statham. The mercenaries at the end of the month start to be twirled in Brazil. For the time being, Mangaratiba is the only location known for the film. Beyond it, filmings in the Green Coast of the State of Rio De Janeiro, in the Lage Park and the Plaza of the Prainha will be able to occur, in the Center. It confers more details on the Mercenaries
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #35
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Yeah, I'm a pessimist, but if she's only in a scene or two, there's always a chance she'll end up on the cutting room floor. Now I wish she was playing the Bullock "rumored" role because that one sounds like it's got some meat to it. (No pun intended toward Statham of course.)
Ah, I missed that but does it really matter? She's got a freaking role in a highly anticpated movie with a pretty cool cast.

We barely know anything about the movie, let alone her role. For all we know she could have this great little scene stealing role. Isn't it a little early to complain about the size or quality of the role or anticipate that she's going to end up on the cutting room floor?

Last edited by Morrigan; 03-11-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #36
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Isn't it a little early to complain about the size or quality of the role or anticipate that she's going to end up on the cutting room floor?
This is the internet. It's never too early to complain.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #37
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

The irony is that I fully expected to see nasty comments about CC landing the role but so far the internet has been really postive. People seem to not only know who she is but actually like her and the pairing of JS and CC.

However, I see your point, I'm sure Skippy thinks I'm a total downer for ruining her good ole pessie fun.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #38
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Saw this article:

Austin, Carpenter join 'Expendables'

Now we now know Charisma is definitely in the movie, but what is going on with all the testosterone? Now Stone Cold Steve Austin joining the fray? I hope Sly knows what's he doing.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #39
askew

Jason Statham and Charisma Carpenter in the same movie? This is going to be one hot movie. Hope this leads to more roles for Charisma.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 AM   #40
Bryan

Thumbs up

Variety is now reporting it.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

This article is quite amusing - and he clearly likes Charisma...........

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24364
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #41
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Joblo.com is also speculating on the whole 'Carpenter possibly replacing Bullock' debacle.

The article's a little crude, but somewhat flattering...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #42
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
Joblo.com is also speculating on the whole 'Carpenter possibly replacing Bullock' debacle.

The article's a little crude, but somewhat flattering...
thanks for the warning. You know it would be interesting if she got the Bullock role, b/c we ued to speculate that they' make a good movie pairing (Bullock/CC) as they could easily play sisters.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #43
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Oh dear. That Joblo article is quite something..then again with a name like Joblo, what do you expect?

I'm extremely pleased though that there is nothing but love for CC on almost every media coverage.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #44
Childe of Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface View Post
Saw this article:

Austin, Carpenter join 'Expendables'

Now we now know Charisma is definitely in the movie, but what is going on with all the testosterone? Now Stone Cold Steve Austin joining the fray? I hope Sly knows what's he doing.
As a long time fan of Austin and the Attitude era of the WWF/E, this is great news for me.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #45
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childe of Blade View Post
As a long time fan of Austin and the Attitude era of the WWF/E, this is great news for me.
Austin's not that bad. He doesn't have the charm of The Rock but I used to watch him on Nash Bridges and he was (for the most part) funny/entertaining.

The interesting thing (for me) is that while I generally prefer intelligent action movies, there's something really cool about a throw back to an 80's style mindless action flick.

I've been reading the posts over at IMDb and all the talk about how Bennet (Commando) needs to be in this movie is cracking me up.