Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #46
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyblue View Post
I'm just glad that they the show ditched vampire bat ears (like in the movie) and went with bumpy foreheads and yellow eyes instead.
The bat ears made me giggle, honestly. They looked more silly than sinister. Of course, because of that I wasn't able to take the vampires as seriously as I did the ones in the TV show, of whom I was actually afraid of when I was introduced to the Buffyverse o_O

As for the rest of the movie, I found it good more as a high school comedy than a vampire film.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #47
tootyfnfruity

I was always the odd man out it seemed as i could not get into B/A in the least I would actually end up doing something else during thier scenes since I found them to be beyond dull and not in the least "romantic" she was whiny (and i thought more self-centered that cordelia could ever dream of being) and he was had no personality. I wanted him and cordelia together from the first cause i thought they physically complemented each other better then him and Buffy. Anyway when i watch the few scenes they really did have together Angel seemed to develope a spark for that short time a spark that buffy never gave him. except when he lost his souls and we got angelus for awhile even then i did not the A(us)/B scenes very much. Anyway i was thrilled when i heard he was getting his own show and Cordy was going with him my hope that they would finally be a couple grew. and they were great together before joss&co killed it with the whole groo coming back, connor and jasmine debaucle. then season 5 came and without cordy the show and Angel lost all its spark. YW is a love hate episode. for one episode that season it was like i was watching the show I had loved so much and my Angel was back for that one episode and of course we got the only real kiss they ever shared. but i hate it too because with her death i knew the my show and ship were gone.

imho cangel and spuffy were stonger and much more interesting than bangel ever could have been

Last edited by tootyfnfruity; 03-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.
tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #48
cordylicious
so delicious

I came to Angel last year, actually - because of Bones.

I've been a BtVS fan until the end of s5 actually - and Spuffy fan for a while, but frankly I've always found Buffy too whiny and "ooh me bearing the weight of the world and being the Chosen One." I've never seen s1 and caught up somewhere around the middle of s2 and seeing Angelus in all his glory. During s3, I've thought he was too much of Buffy's lapdog and was glad to see him gone. (yeah, I know)

I was sort of a Cordy fan on BtVS and C/X for awhile until he kissed Willow - my favorite episode of early BtVS is still "The Wish," the only episode I still have on tape (on TAPE! Oh God I recorded it years ago lol)

When AtS aired in France, it was on Sunday afternoon and I'm never at home on Sunday, and frankly I didn't see the interest watching a character I never really liked. So 2007 came in and I started watching Bones and I was loving Booth (and Brennan) and I got curious about seeing him in Angel. There were reruns on the cable and started watching right at the beginning of s3. I didn't fall immediately in love with C/A but I love their dynamic together.

What gave me in is the end of "Provider" with baby Connor - I was so "aw" (although now knowing I wish things could have gone differently with the Connor storyline). Finally hooked on the C/A love train (boat?) I got back to s1 to see the evolution - it was such a delight to see a genuine friendship between those two, to see that there was actually a real something between them, not all that melodrama and angst between Buffy and Angel.

And as much I would have loved to see them together on the show, what I loved most about Cordelia & Angel was their friendship - it was the most beautiful thing about them.

C/A is my #2 ship. Being a Superman fan for more than 10 years, my ultimate ship will always be Lois Lane/Clark Kent. But C/A is a very close second in my heart.

sorry for the long post

My LJ
cordylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:48 AM   #49
Jarhead

I know this is going to get me flamed, but... I like "Close Your Eyes." There, I said it. The rest of Buffy/Angel I can really do without, but I'm glad that it happened because of that piece of music. Other than that the only other part of BTVS that I cared about was Xander/Willow, and if there was someplace less findable on a map than nowhere, that's where that ran off to.

I actually started watching Buffy in season 4, so Riley was actually the first guy that I saw her with(still her best love interest AFAIC). In season five I started downloading earlier episodes and was already a bigger fan on AtS than Buffy, which I quite watching altogether during season seven. AtS was just so much better, and what I loved the most about it was that each of the Sunnydale characters really and truly fit into that show... Angel, Cordy, Wes, Faith.... they all came into their own outside of Buffy's shadow. Unlike BtVS, AtS brought out the best in it's characters, and that can't be said enough. Faith/Wesley was also what I consider to be AtS's greatest missed opportunity.

Thanks for writing all that fic Dannyblue!

What else to say about C/A that hasn't already been said here? Except that I wish IDW would retcon the entire show from the end of "Provider" on and do the whole thing right. I'd buy that comic.

Last edited by Jarhead; 10-20-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #50
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Unlike BtVS, AtS brought out the best in it's characters, and that can't be said enough. Faith/Wesley was also what I consider to be AtS's greatest missed opportunity.
I completely, totally, 100% agree with both of these statements. I think even in crossovers, characters from BTVS were better on ATS.

And I would have LOVED to see Faith/Wes over Wes/Fred any day of the week. They had the sexual tension/power game going ever since he was introduced on BTVS.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:08 AM   #51
Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvie View Post
I completely, totally, 100% agree with both of these statements. I think even in crossovers, characters from BTVS were better on ATS.

And I would have LOVED to see Faith/Wes over Wes/Fred any day of the week. They had the sexual tension/power game going ever since he was introduced on BTVS.
I didn't even think about the pairing until the mid season hiatus in S3. A whole month of wondering what was going to happen with Connor and amidst the rampant speculation on the net I found Faith/Wes fic.... and they became my second favorite AtS couple. They remain my favorite Should've Happened in all of TV Land, just above Nightwing/Batgirl from the DCAU and a few others. Back when I was a fic writer I started a few really ambitious stories, but when I got it all out-lined they both turned out to be novel-length, so I never finished writing either of them. I just might one of these days.
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #52
SlytherinAngelic

Wes/Faith? Hm... never really thought about them together as a pairing, I've read it in some fanfiction. But I guess I like them OVER Wes/Fred, as I really did like the Gunn/Fred pairing, although one point in time, I was liking the Fred/Spike pairing. So my ATS pairings are shaky at times, I liked Spike/Harmony and also was caught reading one or two, Angel/Harmony; just because I had nothing else better to do. But the only pairing I really do read and ship on the ATS fandom, is Cordy/Angel. For subpairings and copairings, I could careless if its Fred/Gunn or even Wesley/Gunn. Same with BTVS, I primarily ship Spike/Buffy, but the subpairings and copairings within the fanfiction revolving around them could be anywhere from Willow/Xander to Faith/Giles.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote