Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 07:39 PM   #46
stormy
Hopeless Romantic

for some reason i feel like I'm already watching reruns with this show. Every epi is so similar in feel and plot, i just can't seem to care..... i'm hanging in there for now, cause hey, great eye candy, but I don't know how long it can last.

www.denimday.com
stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #47
tootyfnfruity

thanks penny

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #48
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

We have title on CC's first episode: "The Better Man."

(Don't forget that she will first appear in Back to You on FOX this week, Nov. 7, in the episode titled "Gracie's Bully." Show is at 8 p.m./7 Central.)
Old 11-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #49
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
We have title on CC's first episode: "The Better Man."

(Don't forget that she will first appear in Back to You on FOX this week, Nov. 7, in the episode titled "Gracie's Bully." Show is at 8 p.m./7 Central.)
Don't watch "Back to You"...is Gracie Patricia Heaton's character? Wonder if CC plays the bully.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #50
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Don't watch "Back to You"...is Gracie Patricia Heaton's character? Wonder if CC plays the bully.
Gracie is Heaton's daughter's name -- they meet the bully on a class field trip to the station, so it's unlikely that CC plays her (or him).
Old 11-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #51
Kit

Quote:
Gracie is Heaton's daughter's name -- they meet the bully on a class field trip to the station, so it's unlikely that CC plays her (or him).
Thanks for the info. Thank God she won't be playing the bully...although it would be fun to see her bully Patricia Heaton.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson
Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #52
tojoson

From The Futon Critic:

Quote:
[11.05.07 - 03:18 PM]
ABC HOLDS BACK 'MAFIA,' OTHER SWEEPS CHANGES
By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- After a weekend of speculation, ABC has indeed postponed the November 27 launch of "Cashmere Mafia."

The news comes as a long expected reaction to the WGA strike, which officially began today. It's understood Alphabet executives were concerned about launching the newcomer with only a handful of completed episodes.

Industry insiders suggest ABC will expand the finale of "Dancing With the Stars" to two hours on said night while a permanent replacement is set to be announced shortly.

The network also confirmed several other changes to its sweeps schedule:

-- "Big Shots" will take a powder on Thursday, November 15 in favor of a special post-"Grey's Anatomy" installment of "Women's Murder Club." The following week "Shots" will be pre-empted by the return of "October Road" as previously announced. "Shots" then will presumably return on Thursday, November 29.

-- "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" has been slated for Tuesday, November 20 at 10:00/9:00c. The special bumps the planned episode of "Boston Legal" for that night to December 4.
I suppose this will kick CC's episode back ANOTHER week, or even till after the holidays if they keep up their rerun schedule. But I don't like that word 'presumably' in the story. I could hope that this was planned in advance and this was the reason that her episode was pushed back to the 29th as previously reported.

Well, if the strike is a long one, at least they may burn off all the un-aired episodes. Hopefully CC has made more than just the one.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #53
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I for one, was shocked to find out that October Road was even comming back. I thought it was cancelled, the show never really appealed to me.

Under normal circumstances a show getting pre-empted like this is not a good sign. However, given the shake up at Big Shots, the fact that they brought in Rob Thomas, I'm going to hope that the network is trying to give it a chance at re-tooling.

Of course there's the writers-strike to consider too, ABC might be trying to get as much life out of their shows as possible. I know most shows won't make it to December with what they've already filmed. Networks might try to stretch things out, hoping for a quick resolution and being able to have new shows back on the air after the holidays.

Probably very optimistic (wishful) thinking on my part, but I've actually grown to enjoy the show. I'd hate to see it go, I'd miss my weekly Titus viewing.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #54
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post
I suppose this will kick CC's episode back ANOTHER week, or even till after the holidays if they keep up their rerun schedule.
I haven't been following the ep numbers or titles, but couldn't this be the reason her first appearance was pushed back until the 29th? Wasn't she originally scheduled to show up on the 15th?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #55
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I haven't been following the ep numbers or titles, but couldn't this be the reason her first appearance was pushed back until the 29th? Wasn't she originally scheduled to show up on the 15th?
I think that may have been a function of deciding to emphasize the McDermott and Vartan storylines for sweeps as much as anything. Showing October Road on Thanksgiving night has been in the plan for a while; from a programming standpoint, it doesn't make a lot of sense to "throw away" a new episode of a big capital investment on a night when many people will be at the movies or watching football. I'm sure the WGA strike has been a huge factor in those decisions, though.

Huge bummer for the CC fans, though. I hope we get to see her before the new year.

ETA: Ask and ye shall receive -- CC's episode is now scheduled for December 6. Here's the synopsis (contains SPOILERS):
--->"The Better Man" - As the eve of Lisbeth's wedding to Terrence approaches, Duncan turns his attention to business and stealing a rising supermodel from a rival cosmetics company; James decides that the wedding is the perfect opportunity for him and Katie to go on a real date; unable to deal with Janelle's badgering, Brody finds the charms of a sexy stranger (Charisma Carpenter guest starring as Heather) increasingly irresistible; and Cameron learns the truth about Zack, on "Big Shots," THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.<---
Old 11-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #56
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
ETA: Ask and ye shall receive -- CC's episode is now scheduled for December 6. Here's the synopsis (contains SPOILERS):
--->"The Better Man" - As the eve of Lisbeth's wedding to Terrence approaches, Duncan turns his attention to business and stealing a rising supermodel from a rival cosmetics company; James decides that the wedding is the perfect opportunity for him and Katie to go on a real date; unable to deal with Janelle's badgering, Brody finds the charms of a sexy stranger (Charisma Carpenter guest starring as Heather) increasingly irresistible; and Cameron learns the truth about Zack, on "Big Shots," THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6 (10:02-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.<---
Just throwing everything in spoiler font ---> So at least we know that CC is in fact Janelle. Right? The sides did say that Janelle was Heather <---
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM   #57
Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
Just throwing everything in spoiler font ---> So at least we know that CC is in fact Janelle. Right? The sides did say that Janelle was Heather <---
I'm confused.

---->I thought CC won't be playing Janelle afterall. Unless Janelle is posing as Heather to test Brody...and that would only work if Brody and Heather met on the internet or something. Or maybe Heather was sent by Janelle to test her husband?<------

Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #58
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
I'm confused.

---->I thought CC won't be playing Janelle afterall. Unless Janelle is posing as Heather to test Brody...and that would only work if Brody and Heather met on the internet or something. Or maybe Heather was sent by Janelle to test her husband?<------
Super spoilers for the professionally spoiled (or those who want to be): --->According to the episode script itself, Heather IS Janelle. Could be a role-playing game -- remember when Brody waxed his plums to spice up their sex life? -- could be a really good disguise, but Heather and Janelle are in fact one and the same.<---
Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #59
Kit

Quote:
Super spoilers for the professionally spoiled (or those who want to be): --->According to the episode script itself, Heather IS Janelle. Could be a role-playing game -- remember when Brody waxed his plums to spice up their sex life? -- could be a really good disguise, but Heather and Janelle are in fact one and the same.<---
Ooooooh, that sounds interesting. Thanks.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #60
tojoson

According to Ausiello

here

Big Shots has all 13 ordered episodes written. and they are filming episode 9 now. That's CC's first episode.

I just hope she gets at least as much screen time as Elizsabeth Rohm has had.

Speaking of ER, I like her acting in Big Shots, She's not as wooden in this roll