Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 AM   #106
starlet2367
glitterati

I loved the whole eps, but my absolute favorite parts came at the end, from the time Brennan shot Booth ("It bounced off my bracelet! Just like a real Amazonian!") to her final spin-and-block-bullets move in the lobby. Her "I know how much you hate that" was actually quite human. She's come a long way from that first awkward pat on the arm in the cemetery to this moment, where she actually offers connection, understanding and support.

I wonder how Brennan chose that costume, and why she wears it every year. I like to think that, because she's so tall, someone called her an Amazon and she took it to heart. That, and her brother read WW comics.

LOL at the PI. That girl looked awfully familiar. Anyone know who she is?
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 AM   #107
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post
LOL at the PI. That girl looked awfully familiar. Anyone know who she is?
Azura Skye. In addition to being on House just the week before, she played Cassie on a couple of Buffy episodes ("Conversations with Dead People" among them, taking the place of Amber Benson's Tara.) She was also Jane, of Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane fame.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #108
tojoson

From the Futon Critic:

Fox's new schedule
Quote:
Fridays, beginning Jan. 4:
8:00-9:00 PM BONES (Time Period Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE (Time Period Premiere)

Friday, Feb. 22:
8:00-9:00 PM BONES
9:00-10:00 PM NEW AMSTERDAM (Series Premiere)
Quote:
Two popular FOX dramas take over Friday nights starting Friday, Jan. 4, when BONES has its time period premiere at 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT and encores of HOUSE begin weekly appointments at 9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Comedy TIL DEATH also moves to Fridays, beginning with the time period premiere on Friday, March 7 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT).

HOUSE will air in its regular time period after AMERICAN IDOL on Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) starting Jan. 22, and also will encore on Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) beginning March 10. An original episode of HOUSE with guest star Mira Sorvino will immediately follow Super Bowl XLII on Sunday, Feb. 3, as previously announced.
Here we go again, Bones on Fridays. Looks like Fox wants it's two vampire shows on together.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #109
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson View Post

Here we go again, Bones on Fridays. Looks like Fox wants it's two vampire shows on together.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't think that New Amsterdam was a vampire show. Or are you calling Hugh Laurie a blood sucking leech?
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:33 PM   #110
starlet2367
glitterati

Here's Roush's commentary on this move (and the rest of the rescheduling).

I find the New Amsterdam news interesting, since Ausiello said it was being given "a breather" back in October. I thought that meant it had basically been cancelled.

I must be one of the few people who does watch TV on Friday nights. Now it looks like I'll have to choose b/t Bones and Ghost Whisperer instead of Bones and NCIS. Thank goodness for DVRs.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #111
tojoson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't think that New Amsterdam was a vampire show. Or are you calling Hugh Laurie a blood sucking leech?

No, sorry. It's been so long since I read anything about this show, I thought he was a vampire instead of an immortal.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #112
tojoson

Well, Ausiello did say they had 8 episodes in the can.

It's a good excuse to use them up, what with the writers strike and all.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #113
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlet2367 View Post

I must be one of the few people who does watch TV on Friday nights. Now it looks like I'll have to choose b/t Bones and Ghost Whisperer instead of Bones and NCIS. Thank goodness for DVRs.
Ghost Whisperer? Really?

I can't get past Jennifer Love Hewitt's heaving bosoms and shrill voice.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #114
rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch View Post
I can't get past Jennifer Love Hewitt's heaving bosoms and shrill voice.
And this is why my husband has called her "Jennifer Love huge-tits" for years. Not that they are huge, per se, they are just heaving.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #115
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy View Post
And this is why my husband has called her "Jennifer Love huge-tits" for years. Not that they are huge, per se, they are just heaving.
Pleeease, don't tell my husband that's what you call her. He'd start saying it, too, and I'd never hear the end of it.

I started watching it last winter when I didn't have cable and got addicted. Between Love's over-the-top outfits (and bosom) and Jay Mohr's sublime snark, I'm hooked.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #116
tojoson

From Ausiello:

story
Old 11-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #117
Bertha Blue

Hooray! What a nice Christmas present. LOL!

Thanks for the link. I am really happy about how well this show is doing. I might not agree with everything that is going on with the show, but I think that is better than alot of stuff on television right now IJMHO.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #118
starlet2367
glitterati

OMG, last night's ep was made of awesome! I loved how it started off snarky and ooky with Booth, Cam and the chewed-up body. Hee! I thought it was just a normal, slowish-paced ep, so I got a shock when it took off like a rocket mid-way through. Talk about hitting my hurt/comfort kink hard! Guh! Can't wait till next week!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #119
Bertha Blue

I totally agree with you. I loved how Bones is opening up emotionally more and more every episode. And I just love how natural DB's acting has become. The only tiny problem I had was how, after almost being killed, the corrupt lobbyist doesn't get a bodygaurd or some sort of extra FBI protection. It defined logic. And, did anybody else think that the serial killer looked ALOT like their shrink?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #120
DamnSkippy

There was some speculation about the serial killer/Sweets lookalike thing on LJ, but it's not him. The actor who played the killer is on IMDB and I slo-mo'd that section and it's definitely not Sweets.

I think, BB, it has been said on the LJ forums that Booth said something about having round-the-clock protection on the lobbyist after the attack so the killer must have gotten through it somehow. But, I can't back that up because I don't remember it being said.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote