Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #211
tojoson

According to The Futon Critic,

No Bones this week. It's been pre-empted by Bush saying bye bye.

This weeks Bones will be on next week.

Also CSI and Eleventh Hour will start 15 minutes late.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #212
I Heart Dirt
Fluorescent Adolescent

Oh NOO!! I have just recently been getting into the show (thank you TNT) and I was so excited about seeing a new episode.

http://www.grrlinformme.blogspot.com
I Heart Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #213
DamnSkippy

There will be two new episodes back-to-back on the 22nd.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:07 AM   #214
angel16xx

Bones

i'm looking forward to the hero in the hold much more than the circus episode, im not all that keen on the full comedy episodes of Bones!
angel16xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #215
tojoson

SPOILER ALERT--a juicy one
Bones and Booth ARE going to end up in bed together, HAVING SEX. No dream, no assignment, no alcohol involved. (and hopefully, no spiritual possession).

and Dr. Fry is coming back.

story here--if you want to be spoiled

Last edited by tojoson; 02-03-2009 at 06:25 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #216
I Heart Dirt
Fluorescent Adolescent

can i tell you how excited i am to hear this!!!! its all i could think about while watching tonights episode -- which i loved and it helped me convert my friends into a bones lover lol.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #217
fiddly

I am finally caught up and I just felt I needed to vent and considering I'm not really a part of any Bones fansite this is the closest I can get. Plus I didn't want to get mauled as I figured that most sites are Brennan centric.

But is anyone else thinking Brennan has moved past cute/funny/interesting into annoying and actually downright rude and cruel sometimes. I'm finding her character more of a distraction than anything else. I'm also sick of three seasons worth of this B/B chemistry, either move past it or get it on already. Personally I think if they did get it on it would be the saddest thing. I can't help but think if they do get it on and when the 'relationship' arc starts it's gonna be the down fall of this show.

Also, wasn't the intiail premise of the show that they are only meant to investigate old cases. It seems to me the basis of the show is becoming looser and looser, that's never a good sign in a show.

Yes I know if I have that many problems with it I should stop watching!!! I probably will I just felt like I needed to vent before then.
And, honestly? I'll be damned if Joss fucking Whedon breaks this board apart. We survived S4, we survived Charisma's firing, we're surviving the mess of S5. We're stronger than we think. Courteously donated by Lala247

Everything is going to be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end.
fiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #218
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddly View Post
But is anyone else thinking Brennan has moved past cute/funny/interesting into annoying and actually downright rude and cruel sometimes. I'm finding her character more of a distraction than anything else. I'm also sick of three seasons worth of this B/B chemistry, either move past it or get it on already. Personally I think if they did get it on it would be the saddest thing. I can't help but think if they do get it on and when the 'relationship' arc starts it's gonna be the down fall of this show.

Also, wasn't the intiail premise of the show that they are only meant to investigate old cases. It seems to me the basis of the show is becoming looser and looser, that's never a good sign in a show.

See the spoiler three posts above if you don't mind being spoiled re the relationship.

Brennan does annoy me on occasion but what irritates me more is the flip-flop character development/retconning. In S1 and into S2 Brennan was slowly learning how to be sensitive to the families of victims and how to finesse a suspect. In S3 and most of S4, she's gone back to being clueless about such things. She's gotten rude and condescending again instead of progressing. The same can be said for Booth in the flip-flop area. He used to be intelligent, empathetic and the one who would know instantly if a suspect was lying. Now he has to have Sweets tell him everything he used to know and he's become very callous toward the victims and sometimes the families of victims. Plus, he seems to be about 20 IQ points dumber than he was in S1 and a thousand times goofier.

As for the initial premise, no, it wasn't to investigate old cases. It just so happens that the first case was the discovery of the bones of a victim of an old, unsolved case. However, I am constantly questioning why they're involved in certain cases. I didn't realize the FBI investigated every homicide or death that popped up in the DC area. I really thought that was for local police to handle unless it became a "federal case" for a reason. Nine times out of ten, I don't see how these cases can be classified as federal.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #219
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
Plus, he seems to be about 20 IQ points dumber than he was in S1 and a thousand times goofier.
Sounds familiar. Do you think it's DB asking for the change?

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #220
fiddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
There's something really wrong with that if he is!!!!

DS...you basically summed up what I was trying to say in much more elequant way. There are some cases where you think 'but why are *they* investigating this?'.

Also yes on the character flip flop. Also if I have to watch Booth give Brennan one more mooney eyed look I'm going to barf. I'm kinda hoping what I think the spoiler is...isn't if you know what I mean.

I actually like 'sweets' although I do question when he has time for other patients...he always seems to be *there*. I thought his sessions with B/B were pretty funny they seemed to have axed that aspect.

What I would like to happen is just once....just once...Brennan having to eat her own words and be sincere about it.
And, honestly? I'll be damned if Joss fucking Whedon breaks this board apart. We survived S4, we survived Charisma's firing, we're surviving the mess of S5. We're stronger than we think. Courteously donated by Lala247

Everything is going to be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end.
fiddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #221
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
That's the speculation since it slowly started happening once he (and Deschanel) became co-producers. I don't doubt he's had some say in transforming a once-drama series to a romantic comedy romp without the romance.

Fiddly, re Sweets, I enjoy Daly as the character. I don't like how they don't seem to have no purpose for the character except to tell the audience just how much Bones and Booth are in love even though they're obviously so clueless.

He's *everywhere* when he has no reason to be. Why is he standing in the Jeffersonian lab when they're looking at a body? He's supposed to be an FBI psychologist, not a Jeffersonian employee. Doesn't he have other patients other than Booth and Bones?

And when did he have time to become a profiler? Just because he has 2 degrees (I think) in psychology does not automatically make him a criminal profiler. And why is he now the resident expert on body language and whether or not a suspect is lying. That used to be Booth's expertise. Without that, Booth is basically useless.

So, while I enjoy the comedy aspect of the character, I have too many issues with how they're using him to be happy about him being added to the cast.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #222
tojoson

From The Futon Critic:

Quote:

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- After being greeted on Thursday nights with six pre-emptions in 11 weeks, FOX hopes to make it up to "Bones" fans with special Monday and Wednesday broadcasts later this month.

Said first-run episodes - airing Wednesday, April 15 at 8:00/7:00c and Monday, April 20 at 8:00/7:00c - are in addition to the seven left to air in its regular Thursday, 8:00/7:00c home, beginning tonight.

The news means that, barring any other changes, all 26 episodes filmed for its fourth season will air.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #223
tojoson

Don't forget, because of it's frequent preemptions, Bones is airing extra episodes this week and next.

In addition to it's regular Thursday slot, it is on tonight at 8:00 and next Monday also at 8:00 in House's slot.

Speaking of House, did you know that the woman who played Kuttner's mother in the suicide episode was Bones' real life mother Mary Jo Deschanel?
Old 05-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #224
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

OK who let Joss Whedon right the season finale?????
This has his sticky finger prints all over it........lol Dream episode with sex that never REALLY happened....mmmmmmmmm where did we see THAT before??

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #225
I Heart Dirt
Fluorescent Adolescent

Tell me about it!!! Its like what the hell, you could've scooted that "Who are you?" thing into the end of the last episode and I probably would've been more happy with the end of the season. I mean, as a fangirl, I did like seeing them together, but it wasn't really them. And why was Booth dressed like his Vegas undercover fighter character? The bowling shirts just arent doing it for me. Its not the 20s. And Motely Crue? No. I did NOT like this episode.