Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #46
Eureka

Thanks for the pics. CC's looking great. My computer is on it's last legs so I don't want to tempt fate and download the promo!

Last edited by Eureka; 09-01-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #47
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Taken from the Futon Critic:

Quote:
VERONICA'S RETURN TO "NORMAL" LIFE GETS INTERRUPTED BY A SERIES OF SHOCKING SURPRISES, INCLUDING WALLACE BEING KICKED OFF THE BASKETBALL TEAM FOR DRUGS, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "VERONICA MARS," WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28 ON UPN

Charisma Carpenter ("Angel") Guest Stars as Kendall Casablancas, Julie Chen ("The Early Show") Guest Stars as Herself, Steve Guttenberg ("The Poseidon Adventure") Guest Stars as Woody Goodman, UPN's AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL Winner Naima Mora Guest Stars as Ms. Dumas and Jeffery Sams ("Soul Food") Guest Stars as Terrence Chase

"Normal is the Watchword" -- After the summer fireworks caused by a dangerous confrontation with Lilly Kane's murderer and a surprising visitor at her door, Veronica attempts to settle into "normal" life, complete with a new after-school job and a return to the popular fold at Neptune High, but she gets pulled back into the investigation business when Wallace is kicked off the basketball team for testing positive for drugs, on the shocking season premiere of VERONICA MARS, Wednesday, Sept. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN. John Kretchmer directed the episode from a script by Rob Thomas. Steve Guttenberg guest stars as Woody Goodman, a charismatic major league baseball team owner and leading candidate in the local mayor's race; UPN's AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL winner Naima Mora guest stars as journalism teacher Ms. Dumas; and Jeffery Sams guest stars as a famous baseball player from Goodman's team.

Meanwhile, Keith sits down with reporter Julie Chen (guest starring as herself) to discuss his new book on the Lilly Kane murder, "Big Murder, Small Town." Later, after seeing his father arrested for murder and being charged and tried for murder himself, Logan seeks refuge from the paparazzi and relaxes poolside at the Casablancas mansion with buddies Dick (Ryan Hansen) and "Beaver" (Kyle Gallner) and their sexy stepmother Kendall (guest star Charisma Carpenter).
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #48
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Collection of posts from Herc at AICN:

Quote:
Okay. By coincidence VERONICA MARS 2.1 arrived this morning..

I just watched it - and here's what I can tell you without UPN getting really pissed at me. I now know who it is, and it's NOT Deputy Leo. (The reason UPN won't be mad is because Rob Thomas told us over the summer that it would be either Logan or Duncan at Veronica's door. Anyone else, he pointed out, would have felt like a cheat.)

Oh, here's something else I can tell you about it.

The restaurant scene is the first scene of the teaser, and the schoolyard scene is the last scene of the teaser. But there's A LOT of stuff in between, including the reveal of who was at the door.

Definitely a four-star episode. Maybe a five.

Gotta give Rob Thomas credit; he figured out how to top the Lilly Kane mystery. The episode has like 19 twists; it made me laugh out loud, then stare in horror. Even the mystery-of-the-week plot is way above average. I sense a great season in the making.

oh and?

Charisma Carpenter is in a bikini or naked throughout every scene she's in.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #49
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Charisma Carpenter is in a bikini or naked throughout every scene she's in.
Man, she is definitely very confident of her body since Playboy... no more the self-consciousness she had in the early Buffy years...

And just an obsevation, she has been in parts that has any of the following traits since Buffy-Angel:
  • a bitch
  • a seer
  • in a coma
  • in a skimpy outfit or swimsuit

Maybe it's just me... but I am not complaining at all...

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #50
v120176

Take a deep breath.......... JOSS IS GUEST STARING AT VERONICA MARS.
He will play a testy, rental car manager in episode six.

Here's the link to what Kate posted at the Cordyverse forum http://www.stranger-things.net/forum...ad.php?t=19679
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:28 AM   #51
TeSjah
Dutchess of LaLaLand

Quote:
JOSS IS GUEST STARING AT VERONICA MARS
*dies*

"Well, it's hard to top taking a dagger to the jugular, but I do what I can," Lilah shrugged.

'Shipping: CordyAngel ~ LilahWesley ~ ReginaHook
TeSjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #52
Kika
An Endless Repetition

http://usaweekend.com/05_issues/0509...elevision.html

Quote:
BEST "BUFFY" COMEBACK THAT'S MOST LIKE "BUFFY"
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" alum Charisma Carpenter is joining the cast of UPN's cult hit Veronica Mars in a role that will give a bit of déjà vu to "Buffy" fans. "I'm the superficial girl in the bikini," she says. "It's a lot like I was on 'Buffy,' but this time, the blonde is going down." That blonde, of course, is breakout star Kristen Bell (Miss Veronica herself), who is attracting a rabid, Buffylike fan base to this ever-growing series.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #53
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
"It's a lot like I was on 'Buffy,' but this time, the blonde is going down."
So, is Kendall gonna be the big bad of the season or what? Does that mean CC is on for more than six episodes?

And WHO IS AT THAT DAMN DOOR?! It better be Logan...it better be Logan....it better be Logan...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:22 AM   #54
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
And WHO IS AT THAT DAMN DOOR?! It better be Logan...it better be Logan....it better be Logan...
I hope it's him. Or Wallace. Or Deputy Leo. Or, heck, even Mac. Just not Donut.

Here's another little piece from Seattle P-I:

Quote:
Not to brag or anything, but I know who's at the door. By the end of the premiere, that morsel may be all but forgotten in the wake of all the bombshells exploding around dear Veronica -- including one, possibly two, new mysteries.

We'll worship at Miss Mars' feet in more detail a little closer to the premiere, but here's a little temptation for ambivalent, would-be male viewers: Charisma Carpenter, playing Kendall Casablancas, makes a bikini and bathing robe look obscene from the very first episode.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #55
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Ew! Joss...

Also -

Quote:
That blonde, of course, is breakout star Kristen Bell (Miss Veronica herself), who is attracting a rabid, Buffylike fan base to this ever-growing series.
Rabid? Is it wrong that I'm flattered?

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #56
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Since some people may wish to avoid this spoiler, I thought it'd be best to put it behind a tag.

The person at the door is --->Logan.<---

Those without willpower can download an extended clip of that scene here. --->Poor Logan. I don't know what it is about him crying, but it always gets to me. <---
Old 09-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #57
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika
Those without willpower can download an extended clip of that scene here. --->Poor Logan. I don't know what it is about him crying, but it always gets to me. <---
Thank you!

I feel so bad for Logan. I think he's probably gonna go through a Veronica-type outcast situation because of the whole thing with his dad. However, I heard a rumor (and I hope it's not true) that Veronica dumps Logan and gets back with Donut by the middle of the season. Then again, I also heard that Donut is being written out of the show.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #58
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
However, I heard a rumor (and I hope it's not true) that Veronica dumps Logan and gets back with Donut by the middle of the season. Then again, I also heard that Donut is being written out of the show.
Sadly, the rumour about --->Veronica and Donut is likely to be true. It's listed on Neptunesite which, from what I heard, was very accurate with spoilers last season and seems to be backed up by what's in the casting sides. Although the sides have clearly been altered this season to limit the spoilage, in most cases they've simply swapped names around so it doesn't take too much time figuring out who is who.

I'm not quite sure where the spoiler about Donut being written out came from, as I've not seen it widely reported, but I'm kinda hoping it's true.
<---
Old 09-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #59
KeyserSoze
local god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika
Sadly, the rumour about ---> Veronica and Donut is likely to be true. It's listed on Neptunesite which, from what I heard, was very accurate with spoilers last season and seems to be backed up by what's in the casting sides. Although the sides have clearly been altered this season to limit the spoilage, in most cases they've simply swapped names around so it doesn't take too much time figuring out who is who. <---
Actually ---->Veronica dumps Logan again and starts dating Duncan in the first episode, not midseason <----
KeyserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #60
Platypus
The Pointy End

To answer Kika:

**I think the rumours regarding Teddy Dunn leaving the show mid-season are a result of news from way back in the summer when it was announced that several cast members were having their episode orders cut from the full 22. (I think it came from a Rob Thomas interview). I think the only ones with full 22 ep orders are Veronica, her Dad and possibly Logan. I think Wallace is down to either 16 or 18, and I think the speculation is that Teddy Dunn is down to no more than 16, and perhaps only 12. I can't recall the exact numbers.

And yes, I've also heard that Veronica/Duncan is definitely going to be happening for the early part of the season. Logan and Veronica were dating throughout the summer (which we'll see in flashbacks), but they break up in the first episode (possibly also via flashback) as a result of something that happened on the bridge between Logan and Weevil's gang, or possibly something that happens afterwards that is a result of the something that happened on the bridge. (I'm not trying to be deliberately vague, I just don't remember everything I've read recently.)

Oh, and I'm starting to think more and more that Kendall/Logan is definitely not just fan speculation any more. I really do think that after Veronica and Logan break up (I'm not sure who dumps who), Logan and Kendall start having an affair. No concrete evidence of this, just putting various pieces together. So sorry to anyone who has expressed unhappiness about this possibility, because I really do think it's in the cards.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote