Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #421
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Same here, I tried to like VM but just couldn't get myself to do so. The few glimpses I caught of Season 1 I loved. After that it didn't do anything for me.

Once CC is gone, so am I.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #422
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I liked season one of VM 'cause it did live up to the hype it was getting, (and I avoided online VM fandom), but season two was a mess. Haven't decided about season three yet. I may watch it for a while just to see if it can come back from the brink.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #423
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda7_4
Just curious- but how many people here are true Veronica Mars fans, and how many just watch for Charisma's sake?

Will you keep watching once Kendall makes her grand exit, or go with her?
I watched Season 1 without CC, and really enjoyed it. I tried to watch Season 2, but couldn't finish it in spite of CC. Maybe I would have been more inclined to keep watching if I liked CC's role/character, but I neither enjoyed the story NOR her character, so I bailed after the episode where Meg wakes up from her coma, IIRC. So no, I'm out for good - I still read this thread out of sheer curiousity, but I will not even be tuning in to the season premiere.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:16 PM   #424
wereleopard

Ok out of curiousity sake because i have never been like that why do you watch a show or an episode where the actor is in it for like a minute for example. You get my drift why do you do it? and by the way i have no problem with people doing that just wondering why.

Lea
wereleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #425
Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
I tried watching VM for its own sake, but I found it vastly overrated and the online fan hysteria disproportionate and, ahhh, oddly reminiscent of the things that have turned me off other fandoms. Once CC's gone, so am I.

LOL- so you won't even make it through the premiere, hmm?
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #426
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
LOL- so you won't even make it through the premiere, hmm?
Is CC appearing all the way through the premiere?...

Probably not, then.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #427
Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Is CC appearing all the way through the premiere?...

Probably not, then.

I shouldn't say- I don't yet know at what point she dies, could be in the last few seconds.
(I was just picturing her getting killed off before the opening credits and you going "click." )
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #428
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
I shouldn't say- I don't yet know at what point she dies, could be in the last few seconds.
(I was just picturing her getting killed off before the opening credits and you going "click." )
So she gets killed off, then? Didn't know that happened. I don't believe that spoiler has been posted in this thread yet.

If she's not in the rest of the ep, why should I watch?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #429
tojoson

i saw reference to this in a blog the other day, but nothing was spelled out.

they were saying that Wrongda was saying that a character would die in VM, and everyone was speculating who it would be, and their concensus was Kendall, but i looked back and couldn't find where Wrongda said anything about this

I did read in tv guide (returning favorites issue--next week that the mystery of the briefcase wouldn't be revealed until the second episode

ETA:
the blog i found it in

Last edited by tojoson; 09-14-2006 at 05:37 PM.
tojoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:39 AM   #430
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoson
they were saying that Wrongda was saying that a character would die in VM, and everyone was speculating who it would be, and their concensus was Kendall, but i looked back and couldn't find where Wrongda said anything about this the blog i found it in
Just out of curiosity, has Wrongda's reptuation improved at all?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #431
Kika
An Endless Repetition

Ausiello Report: I've Seen the Veronica Mars Premiere!

TV Squad: Veronica Mars season three -- an early look
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #432
tojoson

a synopsis of episode 3-1

>>>
SEASON PREMIERE
“VERONICA MARS” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

“Welcome Wagon” (TV- PG, D, L, S, V) (HDTV)

FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE – Veronica (Kristen Bell) is in true form from the moment she and boyfriend Logan (Jason Dohring), along with close friends Wallace (Percy Daggs III) and Mac (Tina Majorino), set foot on the campus of Hearst College. Wallace enlists Veronica’s help when his new roommate, Piz (Chris Lowell), has all his belongings stolen. While working on Piz’s case, Veronica learns that the campus serial rapist has struck again. Meanwhile, Keith (Enrico Colantoni) runs into trouble while transporting a recently released convict across the country to reunite him with Kendall (guest star Charisma Carpenter, “Charmed”). Francis Capra, Ryan Hansen and Julie Gonzalo also star. John Kretchmer directed the episode written by Rob Thomas (#3T5801).
<<<
Old 09-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #433
v120176

Okay, I found this at TWOP. They have a good detail of the first and second episode. This is what happens Scroll because this is loooooong (CC parts are in bold):

Episode 1

Ep 1 starts with Veronica arriving at her first class, Criminology. For you "Saved By the Bell - The College Years" fans, the teacher that played Mr. Laskey in SBTBTCY is Veronica's Criminology teacher in VM. Veronica impresses the teacher, Mr. Landry, by solving a mock murder mystery in 6 minutes, besting the previous record (set by his T.A.) of 16 minutes.

The theme song has been "remixed." It's still "We Used to be Friends" tune by the Dandy Warhols, it's just been remixed. The version that I have does not yet have the new characters in the opening credits. it's still last season's credits.

Logan has joined V at school and they are still very much dating. Dick is also at school. He and Logan have had a falling out. Rumor is that Dick's mom married Schwarzenegger's business manager and he got him into Hearst. Apparently Dick is a mess after his brother "Greg Louganising" off Logan's roof (Logan's words, not mine).

Vinny makes an early appearance in a chat with Keith. Apparently, Keith DID make it to New York with Veronica, albeit 3 days late. In the first ep, their flash drive with all their vacation pictures is mailed back to them and they enjoy looking at pictures.

There's a Backup sighting! "Backup's in charge? What about the ***** he's been seeing?" - VM (LOL!)

Piz (aka Stosh) is Wallace's roommate. On move in day, all of his stuff is stolen from his car. Wallace gets Veronica on the case. When she comes over, he is instantly smitten with V. V now charges $500 per job. Way to go on the new rates!

"What the frack is up with the welcome wagon committee?"

Keith picks up Kendall's first husband (or boyfriend, I dont' remember) as he gets out of jail.

V attends a rally where women that have been raped and had their heads shaved protest. (Storyline carryover from last season) This is also our first look at Mac in the new season. Beaver's incident has mentally messed Mac a bit. At the end of the rally scene, a masked man dances to Rumpshaker. He's tackled to the ground and kicked in the junk. He's unmasked and we find out it's Dick.

We find out that keith helped kendall "get out of town" because Liam Fitzpatrick is looking for her. Liam is apparently looking for some of Kendall's cash she got from Phoenix.

Veronica and Logan finish having sex and V tells L that he should "go pro in that." V questions taking her high school romance to college.

THE LE BARRON is GONE!

We learn that Keith bought veronica a new car (Gray Saturn VUE) because he stood her up on the trip. Obviously bought with kendall's fee money.

"A Saturn for a Mars."
"Yeah, in Neptune. yeah, the planets really aligned for that one. Now, move Uranus, the Mercury is risin'" - V and Piz - Best quote of the episode.

Sacks makes an appearance.

Veronica visits mac's room and we meet her roommate, Parker. She is VERY cute and very sorority. "Mac's friends are my friends" There's a great uncomfortable moment when Parker changes shirts in front of Veronica, seconds after meeting her.

Mac, Piz, V, parker, L, and Wallace all go to an "Unwashed" concert and V solicits the crowd for help on Piz's case.

Later that night. Dick makes an appearance at Mac and Parkers looking for P. Mac's line: "Parker's out with the Unwashed. I'll tell her that the 'needs hosed down' dropped by." Dick says that Beaver didn't care about Mac. This obviously upsets her.

Since all of Piz's stuff gets stolen, V offers him clothes from "a friend that doesn't need them anymore (hmm.... wonder who... Dun... D... anyway...)

Mac helps V with some scheming to help solve Piz's missing stuff case.

Logan gives V a copy of his room key to the hotel as a gift. Another Dick appearance. He's still utterly obnoxious.n He proceeds to get his ass kicked. Logan comes to his rescue. There is quite an awkward moment between V and Piz when P realized V isn't single.

Kendall appears briefly as she is reunited with her man. As Keith walks outside to get some paperwork. He makes an unsettling discovery. As he runs back into the house, we see Kendall murdered by her lover man.

Dick somes crawling back to Logan. He has nowhere else to go. Logan takes him in.

The episode ends with Veronica sleeping on the couch, awaken by Parkers screams and crying as she looks in the mirror. her head has been shaved.
END EP. 1

Episode 2

Parker begins the episode speaking to a cop about how she was raped. Her head has been shaved. Veronica tells Mac that she was in the room with Parker and the rapist.

Sheriff Lamb interviews Parker. When Parker finds out that Veronica was in the room, she blames her for not stopping the rape.

Keith is walking back in the desert after being abandoned the night before at Kendall's murder scene.

Wallace and Logan are in Psychology class and see Abu Graib photos. Their class is assigned a project on torture. The teacher is NOT Lewis Black.

Veronica vows to find the rapist. She takes a job as a photographer for the school paper. She's assigned to go undercover as a sorority girl to get the story on a sorority house's connection with the rapes. Zeta Theta Beta house.

"You had me at secret room." - Veronica

V's undercover outfit is hilarious.

"Worst roman orgy ever." - Veronica

In the psych experiement, Wallace is a guard, Logan is a prisoner. W and L make a bet on whether Logan will crack.

Kendall's murderer is on the trail of Keith when he is caught in an animal trap of some sort. The trap is set by Liam Fitzpatrick. Liam is the only one that leaves alive.

***Side note - this version of the show is a "rough cut" so all of V's inner monologue aren't
finished. You can, however, hear someone on set reading the lines so Kristen can react. Great stuff.***

Dick makes an appearance at the sorority party. Chip, the accused rapist from last season, makes another appearance. He and Veronica have an awkward moment.

Keith and some local cops return to the scene of Kendall's murder. Keith suspects something. Keith returns home and tells Veronica that he screwed up and someone got hurt. They share a sweet moment.

Parker's mother comes to take her home from school. She's quite the piece of work. She calls Parker immature and really puts her down.

Moe is another character that we meet. He's apparently an RA on Wallace's floor.

Logan and the rest of the prisoners "break out" for food.

Veronica explores the mystery room in the Theta Beta house to find a hella large stash of marijiuana plants. Turns out, the plants were not for what you would think.

Mac encourages Parker not to leave. She decides to stay.

Still lots of clever camera tricks to hide the apple logo on her computer.

We find out that it wasn't money that was in Kendall's briefcase at the end of season 2, it was Van Gogh's "Two Lovers" painting. Keith sells the painting to an art gallery with proceeds benefitting a food bank.

Logan streaks a classroom after losing the bet with Wallace.

Veronica quits the paper and works in a library. No real cliffhanger other than the rapist story is still hanging out there. .

End of Episode

From what I read CC will PROBABLY appear in episode 2 as some flashback. Still, there' something very important that some fans are pointing that actually we don't see Kendall's death. That the scene is from Keith's POV: he runs and hear some shoots at the room where Kendall was and the police found some blood, but not much..... so there're speculations about Kendall not being dead after all

Last edited by v120176; 09-22-2006 at 06:55 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote