Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Greek

Well, folks, here it is: the first discussion thread for what we now know is CC's to-be-multiepisode appearance on Greek. Share and enjoy.

Don't forget that this thread will include spoilers for those who are not in the Eastern and Central U.S. time zones. Spoiler font is not necessary to discuss the episode in real time, so keep this warning in mind if you'd prefer not to know what happens.

Remember, too, that this series is available on a per-episode basis from iTunes. Fire up (or download) the software and search for "Greek," or go to TV Shows > Drama > Greek > Greek, Season 1. CC's first ep (Episode 10) should be available tomorrow sometime.

Have fun!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

I've been lucky enough to be at home today and catch the marathon that started at noon. I'm surprised that I actually like the show despite the stereotypical aspect of each and every character. Not really a lot of depth here, but it's fun. I mean you gotta love a volcano that spews beer.

It's going to make it a lot more pleasant to watch the CC episodes.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

CC's role was way too small tonight and seemed way too easily resolved, but you could see how they left the opening to bring her back in January. The only thing that's really happened so far is that the president has been replaced, and that girl seems a little unhinged and out for revenge.

I did like the way they gave her character a kind of shallow veneer for a plainly tough-as-nails individual. I'll be interested in seeing more of that last part next time.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #4
tojoson

Agreed, way too short.

I just hope her return next year will have more substance than her return to Veronica Mars for season 3.

I wouldn't mind seeing her have tp keep a close watch on the house next year, maybe move in and become like a house-mother.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
DamnSkippy

Considering the hype they gave her, it did seem like she was in and out in a flash. I can see how that could have been a one-shot, but also it's easy to bring her back to check in on how the sorority is doing next season. I hope if they do bring her back, she becomes a bit more involved and developed instead of just pop-in, give 'em hell, pop-out girl.

If you want to see CC's scenes, I've put them together for you from a link on this page. Please right click and "save target as." It's not great quality, but it's there if you want to look.

DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

I guess I should put a favorite line out there:

(after the "unfortunate" comment)

"Honey, that outfit is unfortunate. This is a disaster."
Old 09-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #7
Livvie
nutcase

Was it just me or did it seem a little too much like her character on Miss Match? The water remark reminded me of that scene in the restaurant where Serena is complaining about her drink and being rude to the waiter.

Then again, her scenes were so short, couldn't gleen much of the character. I just really hope if they bring her back next year, its in a much bigger capacity.

When I used to work for the Greek Life system after college, national organization heads were ALWAYS checking up on the Greeks. They'd stay in the house, observe, talk to the house parents. Here's hoping they take that real life stuff and put it into the show where she can come and stay for a while to observe. (It would make sense since the sorority is having problems and they have a new president. Fingers crossed!)
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
I guess I should put a favorite line out there:

(after the "unfortunate" comment)

"Honey, that outfit is unfortunate. This is a disaster."
That was a good one! I also liked, "Flat, French and in a bottle." LOL The delivery was perfect, right along with the little sneer.

I loved the way she reassessed the situation after the scene in the coffee house (the "Greek Free zone" - heh) and impeached the president without batting an eye.

On a style note, she looked fab with her hair pulled back and with the short choker of pearls.

My fondest hope is to see her onscreen with Alan Ruck. May the tv gods put them in a scene together next season!
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote