Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2004, 12:42 PM   #16
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

According to this post in rec.arts.tv, Media Life magazine is saying Joey is being fastracked to premiere during May sweeps. I assume that means the central cast at least is signed on.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:43 PM   #17
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

I'll bet you ten bucks Matt LeBlanc is in it.
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:45 PM   #18
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cordy's Bitch
I'll bet you ten bucks Matt LeBlanc is in it.
Don't go too far out on that limb.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #19
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Interesting, I wonder if they're going to use one of the final Friends episodes as the actual pilot for Joey?
Old 02-17-2004, 06:10 PM   #20
ccangelfan

RE

No, no, "Friends" is not Angel. It isn't going to use it's last episode or any other as a pilot for a "new" show. Thank god. The creators of Friends actually aren't involved in Joey, only some of the head writers and one of the executive producers. In either case, all parties involved have said this is the ending of "Friends" and not the beginning of Joey, and that they have no plans to change the course of how Friends will end just because Joey is coming.

I also would take the May sweep premiere of Joey with a grain of salt, as it wouldn't really make much sense. NBC will want ample time to hype Joey for it's regular fall season premiere, and won't want to suffer a backlash by looking like it's pushing Joey on everyone just when Friends is ending. That would look horrible on NBC's part.
ccangelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #21
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Re: RE

Quote:
Originally posted by ccangelfan
I also would take the May sweep premiere of Joey with a grain of salt, as it wouldn't really make much sense.
Well, no, it makes sense. I don't know if they have time to get it done before then, but it makes sense.

Quote:
NBC will want ample time to hype Joey for it's regular fall season premiere, and won't want to suffer a backlash by looking like it's pushing Joey on everyone just when Friends is ending. That would look horrible on NBC's part.
And again, no. Whether it premieres in May or October, MBC is going to want to push Joey on everyone. Heck, they want to push all their shows on everyone. NBC would love it if everyone only watched shows on NBC. It's how they make money. I don't know why doing the job they're paid to do would make'em look bad. Or depending on your view of network TV, make'em look worse.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:42 PM   #22
ccangelfan

RE

Joey isn't premiereing in May. I say it wouldn't make sense, for one thing, because they aren't going to show any episodes following that. And there just isn't space to air the episode. Friends is ending on May 6th with two hours of programming, and the next Thursday Frasier is ending with two hours of programming, and the week after that it's the finales of Will&Grace and Scrubs and probably Apprentice. And NBC would indeed fear a backlash. Especially since to rush a first episode premiere like that, they could show it when it's not really polished, and just allow bad buzz to form all summer. It just wouldn't be a smart move, and NBC won't go with it.

Besides they have yet to cast CC.
ccangelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 07:32 AM   #23
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Re: RE

Quote:
Originally posted by ccangelfan
Joey isn't premiereing in May.
Well, maybe you should take this up with Media Week magazine; set'em straight, as it were.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:46 AM   #24
Jawa
I.am.pleasant.(dammit)

That is a little odd.

The only thing I know is what I watched on Oprah and Matt LeBlanc said that the Friends finale is not going to be the launch pad for the new show. Beyond that, I wouldn't be surprised about premiere date, etc. because all the networks are playing a new game.

I mean Tim Minear's new show is starting on Fox in March, they also have that 'Eden' thingy and with the success of starting 'The O.C.' in the summer, I imagine a few nets are going to try the same strategy.

Jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #25
Platypus
The Pointy End

FYI, there's more word on casting for "Joey". Drea de Matteo (Adriana on "The Sopranos") has been cast in what looks like a major part, as Joey's sister.

Soprano to join Friends Spinoff

Quote:
The comedy centers on the relationship between Joey (Matt LeBlanc), who moves to Los Angeles, and his sister Gina (De Matteo), a hairdresser who lives with her son.

Probably smarter than Joey, Gina has a way with men, much like Joey has with women. She's a strong woman who isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #26
JennieC

Quote:
Originally posted by CAMartin
I've come to the conclusion that the Joey spinoff won't work out. If Matt (Le Blanc) is lucky, it'll last little over a year/season.

This may be true, but a lot of people are going to be watching, at least at first. Would make for great exposure.
As Cordy goes - So goes my Nation TeamCordy™#226
Are you on the list?
JennieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #27
Platypus
The Pointy End

This is sort of seriously off-forum-topic (given that CC isn't likely to be appearing on Joey!), but I just read that Ashley Scott (of "Birds of Prey" fame... or at least "Birds of Prey" catsuit) has been cast as Joey's potential love interest.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #28
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus
This is sort of seriously off-forum-topic (given that CC isn't likely to be appearing on Joey!), but I just read that Ashley Scott (of "Birds of Prey" fame... or at least "Birds of Prey" catsuit) has been cast as Joey's potential love interest.
Ew. I mean, not to be harsh, but ew. She's gonna sink that show like an anchor.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:07 PM   #29
askew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Ew. I mean, not to be harsh, but ew. She's gonna sink that show like an anchor.
And that's an understatement. She can't act her way out of a paperbag.
Charisma's BITCH #13
TeamCordy™#0913

askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:30 PM   #30
LaLa247
Wooo!

Who's is Ashley Scott?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote