Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #106
jerry

I still think there are some interesting things going on within the show. But this was not a good episode.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #107
Syn
insane clown girl

I don't hate this show, but it's not the best thing evah. Eliza's at her usual level of awesome--I'm a huge ED fan, what can I say? The writing is kind of...I don't know. Whatever. It could be much, much better. But I'm entertained throughout, so I can't really complain.

This show has potential, but I don't know if it's been tapped, or ever will be. I agree on the "creepshow" vibe. Sometimes it's really, really uncomfortable to watch, especially when she goes all bibbledy and childlike. It's just...indecent, or something.

I'll keep watching until something makes me tune out.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #108
ophelia

Ok, I admit that that I got bored and watched again....and I have a possibly stupid question. Are Victor (I think that's his name) and the Russian Dude the same person??
Old 03-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #109
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Yes, they are. I didn't figure that out right away, either.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #110
ophelia

Well-- I will make the excuse that I have been totally distracted by how much he looks like Nathan on One Tree Hill. lol
Old 03-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #111
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

First a robot, now a Doll... Damn, Helo has some serious issues with women.

That was probably the best episode yet, even after introducing the 'agent inside' aspect. (Amy Acker, no doubt.) But it was not an episode I'll never forget.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #112
ophelia

The second they showed the hidden camera in the vent, it was obvious that Milly was a doll....which made me kind of glad she is going to have a bigger roll than "clingy low self esteem neighbor".
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #113
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

That's "clingy low self-esteem neighbor who bakes lasagna". And supposedly by what I read, the Active name for Mellie (Millie? Whoever...) is "November."

I haven't seen it yet, but this was the episode by all the Eliza and Joss hype that was supposed to start all the good stuff and be rewarding for those who've stuck it out so far.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #114
jerry

It was definitely the best episode yet, IMO. Whether that lives up to anyone's hype is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. The premise is still both silly and creepy, but at least better things are being done with it.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #115
superscar

Definitely, this last episode was great whereas the previous ones have been kinda whatever.

I'm hoping that Amy Acker is the insider as well.

This was the kind of episode I've been hoping for from this show, so I hope we get to have many more of them before its inevitable cancellation.
superscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #116
Syn
insane clown girl

The last couple of episodes have been really great. Love the insider angle--and I'm hoping it's Amy Acker. Anyone else think that there's going to be something between her and Echo's handler Boyle?

And yeah...I'm kind of in love with Victor. He does the puppy dog eyes and I'm a goner. The fact that the leader of the Dollhouse was Miss Lonley Hearts was a shocker. It puts a new light on the character...even if it is still creepy.

I feel so, so bad for Sierra. That whole rape plotline was a punch in the gut, but I like how it was handled. Okay, not the "erase it completely" angle, but that the guy was punished.

I don't know how well this show is doing, but I'm genuinely enjoying it. It has a long way to go before it's "can't miss", but it's definitely a "catch it" show for me.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #117
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
I don't know how well this show is doing...
Whedon talks about how it's doing here.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #118
Syn
insane clown girl

Thanks Sam! Honestly, I see the flaws in the show--and they're big, but it's gotten better since the start, and given time it could become great. However, Fox's record in that regard is more than tarnished, so I don't see it being given a chance.

I'm surprised that TSCC is doing so badly...it's such a good show, and it has a built-in audience with Terminator fans. I think moving it's timeslot to Friday was a bad idea. The finale was jaw-dropping. But whatever.

My idea of good TV is not exactly mainstream. I hate American Idol, I avoid Survivor like the plague and I've gotten to the point where another CSI or Law and Order will make scream. (not that CSI or Law and Order are bad shows...there's just too many of them).
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #119
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Well, the numbers behind DH's ratings do look a lot like the numbers behind Buffy's and Angel's ratings, basically reinforcing the idea that Whedon's products have a core audience and not much more. Same with T:TSCC I suppose. But yes, that was a kick-ass finale in all senses of the word. I'll miss T:TSCC if (when) it's not renewed.

I don't know about DH achieving greatness. Like Jerry says, the premise is always going to be pretty silly, and Whedon seems to enjoy running away from the premise as soon as he can. And I like Helo and all, but as an antagonist for the Dollhouse, he's pretty weak. Everyone else seems to be on the 'Yay, Dollhouse!' bandwagon, which is another flaw, but at least one it shares with Buffy and Angel.

Anyway, yeah, it has gotten better, but I didn't miss it when it was preempted last week either. I suppose that tells me all I need to know about it. On the other hand, I'd bring the popcorn if Fox did decide to air Felicia Day's DH episode.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #120
Livvie
nutcase

The thing for me (and the whole don't cancel debate) is that Buffy and Angel were on the UPN and WB respectively. Both of those networks were struggling at the time and had no problem renewing shows that had only like a million viewers a week.

But Fox is now one of the "big" networks. When American Idol pulls in 19-20 million viewers per episode, I can see how they would be reluctant to renew a show that only has a fifth of those numbers. I really don't think the fans should blame Fox when it's clear the numbers aren't there and they are possibly losing money on it.

You are totally right, there is a core audience that watches these shows and that core just isn't enough to keep a show going on a big network.