Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #16
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

So not an Oscar contender. Obviously.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I know she has to work but man her post Angel career is one massive fail. It's a shame she never managed to land a good role on a successful show. This movie just sounds mock worthy.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #18
OCNON

I think Charisma needs to go back and take a look at her acting when she was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. From the work that she has been in lately, with the exception of 'Heaven's Door' (I think that is the name), her work lately is more on the cliche` that sex sells. In my opinion it seems like she is trying to push the fact that she still looks good. We really don't need to be reminded of that or to have it forced. It has to come naturally and to accept that you are aging gracefully. To make a great example, Meryl Streep seems to be still getting awards and making movies. She does not have to do any sexual antics to get praise for her work or to take on any role that comes her way to get a check. I think she should be on shows that are similar to the ones displaying her best work or take note from them. I would say Bones (Not because DB is on there) because they always have characters with different personalities and skills. Also, you do not always have to focus on how the characters look but rather what they are saying and doing. No matter who is on the screen, you always find that there is a lot of chemistry between all the characters.

I am giving Charisma a major side eye because on one hand she is doing charity work and on the other she is on some Kim K. mess. She still can make a mark in the industry she just needs to take notes and go back to the basics. Disappointed a bit but I will not write her off just yet. I am waiting on the day she will be working with Joss again or possibly the members on BTVS or Angel.
OCNON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #19
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I know she has to work but man her post Angel career is one massive fail. It's a shame she never managed to land a good role on a successful show. This movie just sounds mock worthy.
Never could figure it out either. She had a lot of guest appearances, a couple of recurring roles, movies-of-the-week, people always had good things to say about her... You'd have thought something would click.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #20
nodakskip

Acting is very hit and miss. I think one of her maybe missteps was to try so hard after Buffy/Angel for only a sitcom where she can do light work to have a regular schedule with her then young son.

If I recall right her only pilot sitcom 'Like cats and Dogs' was up at UPN but they took Veronica mars instead of two sitcoms.

Though I think most actors would kill for a "cult classic" role like Cordelia that lasted two different shows. Its very rare for actors to get that twice. Only one I think from the WB that did was Josh Jackson from Dawnsons Creek. After a long time after the WB he got on at the start of Fringe. And David B with Bones as well I guess.

I just think Buffy/Angel was cursed a little. Back then the WB/UPN 'young' audience was considered not a big deal. Now that the CW and others are really pushing the younger crowd. Look at the Arrow show on CW. It has one spinoff already another one being talked about, and an animated one starting soon.

And she should count herself lucky that she is not in the comics series... as those are horrible.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:36 PM   #21
Bryan

I think you have to compare her to the others on Buffy/Angel - only Alyson, David and to a lesser extent Julie, have had "regular" work. Her career is very much like almost every other actor in the the "biz".
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #22
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Plus her show "Surviving Evil" is doing well. She also is the Supervising Producer as well as the host, so she might be moving towards working behind the camera. People keep forgetting that acting jobs are temporary jobs, any work is good work. At least she has not made the jump to Kim K or Kate Gosslin road.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #23
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I think you have to compare her to the others on Buffy/Angel - only Alyson, David and to a lesser extent Julie, have had "regular" work. Her career is very much like almost every other actor in the the "biz".
Plus Amy she's worked steadily since Angel, Alias, Dollhouse, Person of Interest.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #24
nodakskip

Found this funny, I preordered Bound weeks ago via Amazon and its shipped, but was at walmart and its there. I am kind of shocked its at Walmart, is that not the place that bleeps out swear words in CDs?
Old 02-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #25
25cent

AVClub had a fun time writing about it....

http://www.avclub.com/article/charis...und-bds-214763

I will get around to watching this because she's a hottie and I am generally rooting for her, wish her hte best in her career.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:54 AM   #26
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

At least, judging by the reviews, this version is better than the movie it ripped off.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:35 AM   #27
Livvie
nutcase

If anyone has Netflix (US), Bound is now up for streaming.