Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2004, 07:20 PM   #1
Jenay

Charisma in Allure Magazine

ON Page 162, "The Insider's Guide: The Hair Guide"

Hilarious looking picture with a blurb about her S2-esque hairstyle.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:17 PM   #2
Bibliophile

Thanks for the heads-up. What issue is she in and who's on the cover?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #3
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Do you have a link or a scan of it?

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:34 PM   #4
Jenay

Don't have a scan of it, sorry, wish I did. But it's the October 2004 issue with SMG on the cover.

Quote:
(Chris McMillan talking about S2 Hairstyle) Charisma came in with hair down to her waist and showed me a picture of Christy turlington with this Chrissie Hynde shag. I love when people know what they want --- it makes my job much easier. I lopped off more than a foot of hair, and she loved it.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:29 AM   #5
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Jenay
Don't have a scan of it, sorry, wish I did. But it's the October 2004 issue with SMG on the cover.
Ah. So it still on the stands? I'll have to go to my local Barnes and Nobles to check it out.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:25 AM   #6
Bibliophile

Old 09-28-2004, 12:17 PM   #7
cordynangel
Hopeless Romantic

I loved her hair like that, but she only kept it that way for a few weeks...and when she's amnesia Cordy she looks thru old pictures of herself and the only hair style she doesn't like is this one. I wonder if CC really did like the cut.

ETA: Thanks for posting the scan Rachel

Hold me, and make it the truth,...
That when all is lost there will be you.
Cause to the universe I don’t mean a thing
And there’s just one word that I still believe and it’s
Love... love. love. love. love.
~EV

Last edited by cordynangel; 09-28-2004 at 12:21 PM.
cordynangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #8
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordynangel
I loved her hair like that, but she only kept it that way for a few weeks...and when she's amnesia Cordy she looks thru old pictures of herself and the only hair style she doesn't like is this one. I wonder if CC really did like the cut.

Yes, I remember that scene, but I don't know if what she said was because the cut or the hairstyle she had. It had a lot of spray, to high kinda "the Nanny" , but I like that cut for her.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #9
cordynangel
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Yes, I remember that scene, but I don't know if what she said was because the cut or the hairstyle she had. It had a lot of spray, to high kinda "the Nanny" , but I like that cut for her.
That would make more sense b/c that style was very flattering for her, although CC makes any style look great!

Hold me, and make it the truth,...
That when all is lost there will be you.
Cause to the universe I don’t mean a thing
And there’s just one word that I still believe and it’s
Love... love. love. love. love.
~EV
cordynangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:02 PM   #10
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I never liked the way they style it on the show but there's a picture of CC up on IMDb with that haircut and she looks great.

Last edited by Morrigan; 09-28-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:05 PM   #11
DamnSkippy

This style was my favorite one for her. The first time you see it, it's too teased up and bouffanty, but later in the show when she's all in black leather and they go to the museum, she looks soooo hot! I noticed in later shows they have her with the bangs pinned back so they don't get in her eyes which looked stupid. I don't know if she wanted it that way or the directors/producers wanted it off her face, but that's probably why they changed the style shortly afterward. Plus I heard they (the producers) didn't like her hair that dark, but I loved it!! Stupid blonde-loving idiot men.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #12
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
I don't know if she wanted it that way or the directors/producers wanted it off her face, but that's probably why they changed the style shortly afterward. Plus I heard they (the producers) didn't like her hair that dark, but I loved it!! Stupid blonde-loving idiot men.
Charisma has said in the past (on the DVD maybe, I can't remember) that the higher ups felt that the look was too dark and severe so they kept chopping at it until you ended with the bob she had in the last few episodes.

It's kind of ironic that they kept making her cut it shorter, when she had to beg them to get it cut in the first place.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #13
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
Charisma has said in the past (on the DVD maybe, I can't remember) that the higher ups felt that the look was too dark and severe so they kept chopping at it until you ended with the bob she had in the last few episodes.

It's kind of ironic that they kept making her cut it shorter, when she had to beg them to get it cut in the first place.

Well, I can understand if they thought it was too dark and wanted ,inside her brown gamma, another more light, sometimes that happens with the cameras, but.. Why chopping her hair? The cut was really good for her face, was modern and didn't made her look older or "severe"
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 02:53 PM   #14
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
Why chopping her hair? The cut was really good for her face, was modern and didn't made her look older or "severe"
I know. When we first see it, it's too over the top, but in the next scenes I love it, it was hip and stuff. If they'd dyed it a lighter colour it and waited for the sharpness of the new cut to go, it would have looked much warmer.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:43 PM   #15
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel

I thought the short bob was helluva lot more severe than this cut. This was wispy and wild. While I loved the dark color, it still would have looked great if they'd just lightened it up and left the style alone. I repeat...stupid, idiot men.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote