Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
Livvie
nutcase
 
Livvie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seventh Ring of Hell
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
And speaking of the Buffy movie...
I saw that last night on ONTD and all I can say is "Karma's a bitch, Joss." LOL
__________________
"No regrets. That is what I say. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight" -Out Cold
"I only want to have sex with the C part of C/A. Not interested in the A." -Me to Nikkiwawa
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #32
samsmom
 
samsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 713
*shrugs*

I found Tom Cruise to be a bit over the top and I couldn't get past the fact that it was Tom Cruise playing Lestat. But because I didn't really know Stuart Townsend, I could see him embody the character much more. I also liked his attempt at an accent, which I found way better than TC's more 'British' accent.

I only wished they kept the relationship with David more front and center in the movie, since I found it sort of hot and endearing in the books.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #33
Angela
Cake.....or death?
 
Angela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,960
I still liked Tom Cruise when the first movie came out. I think he played the character so strongly that to me Townsend's was weak and flat by comparison. To be honest, I would have paid big bucks to have seen Rutger Hauer play the role as Rice originally intended. I think he would have wiped the floor with both TC and Townsend at that role.

(Then again, I am an unapologetic RH fan, and have been ever since BladeRunner.)
__________________
Hitler never played Risk when he was a kid.
-Eddie Izzard, Dress to Kill

But you didn't have what it takes.... an evil hand!

Resistance is futile. Assimilation is---oooh, porn!

Go Mavs!!!!
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #34
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!
 
Morrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Garden State
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
I still liked Tom Cruise when the first movie came out. I think he played the character so strongly that to me Townsend's was weak and flat by comparison. To be honest, I would have paid big bucks to have seen Rutger Hauer play the role as Rice originally intended. I think he would have wiped the floor with both TC and Townsend at that role.

(Then again, I am an unapologetic RH fan, and have been ever since BladeRunner.)
I always tell people that Lestat was the only character TC ever played. When I see him in any other movie (I haven't seen Magnolia yet) he's Tom Cruise. However, to me watching Interview he really was Lestat.

Angela - I had no idea that Rice wanted RH to play Lestat, oh he so would have hit that role out of the park. I've been a RH fan since he scared the crap out of me in The Hitcher and kind of developed a crush on him in Lady Hawk - I was a kid, don't judge.

I've never actually seen Blade Runner I really need to watch that one of these days.

Speaking of Vamps - holy crap Bill (English?) and Jason (Australian?) from TB have accents...damn that just makes them all kinds of sexy.
__________________
ME: Farking up all your good memories one character at a time ~ Prima
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #35
Angela
Cake.....or death?
 
Angela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I always tell people that Lestat was the only character TC ever played. When I see him in any other movie (I haven't seen Magnolia yet) he's Tom Cruise. However, to me watching Interview he really was Lestat.
I feel exactly the same way. To me, he immersed himself so completely in the role that I could see Lestat instead of TC. Of course, I haven't tried watching the movie since he went crazy, so I don't know if he'd still have the same effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Angela - I had no idea that Rice wanted RH to play Lestat, oh he so would have hit that role out of the park. I've been a RH fan since he scared the crap out of me in The Hitcher and kind of developed a crush on him in Lady Hawk - I was a kid, don't judge.
Rice WROTE the character with RH in mind. He was always her Lestat, and it's my understanding that she fought for him in the role with the limited authority she had at the time. He was already too old for the role by that time according to the PTBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I've never actually seen Blade Runner I really need to watch that one of these days.
You have GOT to see it, and not just for RH. Harrison Ford as a young and sexy Rick Deckard is scrumptious, and EJO is pretty hot too. Even Darryl Hannah as the sexkitten killer replicant is both vicious and tragic. In fact, the whole movie is that--vicious and tragic. And RH's character...man, oh man. You know, it's not unlike an introspective vampire movie in many ways...the replicants are incredibly brutal, but self-aware in a way mankind often isn't, and able to step outide the boundaries of humanity to see and understand things we refuse to see and understand. SEE IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Speaking of Vamps - holy crap Bill (English?) and Jason (Australian?) from TB have accents...damn that just makes them all kinds of sexy.
I knew Stephen Moyers was British, but I wasn't aware that Jason had an accent too. I need to hear that right quick!
__________________
Hitler never played Risk when he was a kid.
-Eddie Izzard, Dress to Kill

But you didn't have what it takes.... an evil hand!

Resistance is futile. Assimilation is---oooh, porn!

Go Mavs!!!!
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #36
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle
 
Dannyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,147
Here's one that just popped into my head. It's been a while since I saw it, so I'm sketchy on the details. But I remember watching it more than once, so I must have liked it.

The Night Flier is based on a story by Stephen King. It's about a tabloid reporter (played by Miguel Ferrer) who catches wind of a story about a vampire killer that's supposedly traveling across New England killing people wherever he goes. He thinks the vampire part is bull but will make a good story, so he hits the road to check it out. Only he soon starts to realize the killer really is a vampire.
__________________
IMAGIC. My LiveJournal, where you'll find my fanfiction, fanart, etc.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #37
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!
 
Morrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Garden State
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
Rice WROTE the character with RH in mind. He was always her Lestat, and it's my understanding that she fought for him in the role with the limited authority she had at the time. He was already too old for the role by that time according to the PTBs.
I remember back in the day reading about Rice not wanting Cruise for the role and fighting with the studio over casting him. IIRC once she saw the final project she came back and said that Cruise made a good Lestat. If I ever go back and read the Vampire series I'll have to keep RH in mind for the character of Lestat.


Quote:
I knew Stephen Moyers was British, but I wasn't aware that Jason had an accent too. I need to hear that right quick!
It was some behind the scenes looks at S2 of TB and they had 2 quick 10 sec. interviews with Jason and Bill and I was shocked to hear the accents. Bill also cut his hair and he looks so much better.
__________________
ME: Farking up all your good memories one character at a time ~ Prima
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:08 AM   #38
Angela
Cake.....or death?
 
Angela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I remember back in the day reading about Rice not wanting Cruise for the role and fighting with the studio over casting him. IIRC once she saw the final project she came back and said that Cruise made a good Lestat. If I ever go back and read the Vampire series I'll have to keep RH in mind for the character of Lestat.
Oh, she definitely did get behind Cruise once she'd seen him in the part. TC did a great job with the role.

But man oh man, a young RH would have blown everyone away...
__________________
Hitler never played Risk when he was a kid.
-Eddie Izzard, Dress to Kill

But you didn't have what it takes.... an evil hand!

Resistance is futile. Assimilation is---oooh, porn!

Go Mavs!!!!
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #39
Livvie
nutcase
 
Livvie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seventh Ring of Hell
Posts: 1,108
Count me in as another who would have LOVED to see RH as Lestat. I can only imagine that performance. I would have paid so much money to see him in that role.

And you MUST see Blade Runner. It really is an amazing movie. I thought everyone in it was perfectly cast and it really is a well written script.
__________________
"No regrets. That is what I say. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight" -Out Cold
"I only want to have sex with the C part of C/A. Not interested in the A." -Me to Nikkiwawa
Livvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #40
Childe of Blade
 
Childe of Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 355
Blade and Blade 2: great action films, although the final action scenes aren't really edited that well. Still, better than the 3rd installment.

Interview with the Vampire: pretty much the basis for every Angel/Spike scene Joss ever came up with, and the only time you'll see two heartthrobs in their prime together.

All the Underworld films: the ensuing war and medieval themes mixing with modern society (except the last one) is great to watch.
Childe of Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #41
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle
 
Dannyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childe of Blade View Post
Blade and Blade 2: great action films, although the final action scenes aren't really edited that well. Still, better than the 3rd installment.
I like Blade 3, and Hannibal King is a big reason why. He's funny as heck and not at all hard on the eyes. Especially during the shirtless scenes.

Someone wrote a crossover fic in which Hannibal and Xander are brothers and I could totally buy it. Hannibal is what Xander might have been if he'd worked out a lot, learned to kick ass, and could use all the words not allowed on network television.

Plus there are some nice fight scenes. I don't know, I just have fun with it.
__________________
IMAGIC. My LiveJournal, where you'll find my fanfiction, fanart, etc.
Dannyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:34 PM   #42
samsmom
 
samsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: California
Posts: 713
I loved Blade Trinity just because of Hannibal King. Hot AND funny AND hot.

Also, THE best use of creative cursing I've ever come across.

"Horse humping thundercunt" FTW \o/
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #43
Chelle
 
Chelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 454
Watched The Wisdom of Crocodiles last night on Starz. I think someone mentioned it in this thread. Very different so it kept my interest. I liked the odd take on the Jude Law character.
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #44
Chelle
 
Chelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 454
Just to add to the list since I'll watch anything with vampires.

The Descent
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #45
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!
 
Morrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Garden State
Posts: 9,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I loved Blade Trinity just because of Hannibal King. Hot AND funny AND hot.

Also, THE best use of creative cursing I've ever come across.

"Horse humping thundercunt" FTW \o/
Yep, Ryan Renolds is the only reason to watch Blade Trinity...wait I take it back Drake (the guy from Prison Break) was pretty nice on the eyes too.

I liked the original Blade quite a bit but the 2nd wasn't very good and Trinity would be fantastic if you cut out everything but Hannibal King and Drake.
__________________
ME: Farking up all your good memories one character at a time ~ Prima
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vampire Diaries Dannyblue TV Party! 65 02-16-2011 10:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Link to Us

The Stranger Things Network | Nothing Fancy: The Official ST Fanfic Archive | Volition: The A/C Angst List Archive | Hate the Hate @ dusk-til-dawn | Join Team Cordy! | The Charisma Carpenter Project




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.