Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #16
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
The pictures from this photoshoot always creep me out. It's like Jaden finger painted his makeup on. How could a photographer look through his lens at that and think everything was A-Okay?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...mal_07-015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...mal_07-019.jpg

(credit to d-boreanaz.com for the pics)
He looks like he's auditioning for a position in a harem in those. I think it's the cushions or something.

livejournally thingy
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #17
Prima
I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk_4005
Red and gold together. How...McDonalds.

And here I thought the skull Cliff Huxtablesque look was gawdawful.

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #18
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by September
He looks like he's auditioning for a position in a harem in those. I think it's the cushions or something.
Well, letting aside the airbrush, I wouldn't mind being part of DB's harem
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #19
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Maybe because the abs were airbrushed on?

*runs*
Nah, they could've just gotten Mariah's people to put on the same AB PASTIES that she had. Nobody seemed to notice those.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #20
KarKar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prima
Red and gold together. How...McDonalds.

And here I thought the skull Cliff Huxtablesque look was gawdawful.
Dude, there's a reason why you wear the suit collar down. That ain't your black duster!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #21
XIVParis
Eighth Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by v120176
to the diferent pages:Here are the scans of DB from Men Fitness magazine. You can find them at Just David Boreanaz: http://www.just-davidboreanaz.com/news.html
These are the links
http://www.just-davidboreanaz.com/menfit3.html
Thanks for your links.

I like DB's references to Steve Mc Queen, Cary Grant and Gregory Peck.

"Ultimately the bond of all companionship, wether in marriage or in friendly, is conversation" O.Wilde

"Neutrality helps the oppressor, Never the Victim." Elie Wiesel
XIVParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:47 AM   #22
starlet2367
glitterati

I think he looks faboo!

The clothes look like all the clothes in men's magazines. They're runway clothes, the sort of thing you might buy one piece of, but would likely never wear all together. Costumers, otoh, put models in *everything* just to get it in front of their audience.

And dude, look at the fit of that $3500 blazer! Yum!

Also, I like picking up tips from his personal trainers via interview. Saves me some bucks.

I love the way he talks about Seeley. He did this at ComicCon, too, and I was fascinated. I never really heard his approach to Angel--I'm not sure he had one, actually. I think he started acting before he knew how to act and gained and approach over the years. But seeing him learn about Seeley is really exciting and also gives great fodder for fanfic.

I have to say, I'm not a belt buckle girl, but DB and his belt buckles make me hot. LOL
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #23
v120176

I don't know if you read what he said at the interview when he's talking about his training. I was very interest, because as he said, with his surgery he really won a lot of weight. And now he´s fantastic. But what he said surprised me. I'm not an expert at all and I never heard about this:

Quote:
I used to try to get my heart rate extremely high, thinking I was burning fat, but now I know that by doing that, I was burning muscle. Now my heart rate peaks at 142 and I'm eating fruit at the end of the night, which kicks my insulin level up, helping to burn fat
I found it weird, specially the insulin thing. Anyone here knows about this?
Old 08-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #24
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I'm no expert but I do know that Fat Burn and Cardio work outs are at differnent Heart Rates. When I'm on the machine's my Fat Burn HR is lower than the Cadio, like 120 vs 140 (those vary based on age, fitness level, and weight)

As far as the insulin goes, I have no idea.

Last edited by Morrigan; 08-12-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:07 PM   #25
KarKar

Quote:
I was very interest, because as he said, with his surgery he really won a lot of weight. ?
If you win weight, then I've got a lot of ribbons somewhere. Sorry, weird to me phrase.
Quote:
I found it weird, specially the insulin thing. Anyone here knows about this?
Supposedly non-diabetics inject themselves with it to loose weight but it's probably an urban legand.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:21 PM   #26
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
Supposedly non-diabetics inject themselves with it to loose weight but it's probably an urban legand.
Oh really? That is interesting. I've never heard of that before.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #27
v120176

Yes, seems It's not a legend. I was searching about insulin and weight, and I found that more Insulin you have, more weight you loose because that's what reduces or help to reduce the sugar on blood.
The problem with the weight on pacients with diabetes (My mom has it and she's fat ) is the 90% of the people has diabetes type II: the body produces Insulin but it can't use it. So because of that the major part of people with diabetes has weight problems. Only diabetes type I are insulin depedant.

So yes, from what I read, having more insulin in your blood (except if your body is resistant to that like the diabetics) makes you loose weight. I hope is clear, these medicals things I found were in Spanish and my english... no very good.

One more info I found people saying cinnamon reduces the sugar in your blood because increase insulin levels. But I don't think a cinnamon donut or biscuit would help. Damn!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #28
KarKar

Quote:
Yes, seems It's not a legend. I was searching about insulin and weight, and I found that more Insulin you have, more weight you loose because that's what reduces or help to reduce the sugar on blood.
So you've read about non-diabetics doing it to loose weight? Apparently some do it on overweight cats (!!!!) but on people?
Old 08-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #29
v120176

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKar
So you've read about non-diabetics doing it to loose weight? Apparently some do it on overweight cats (!!!!) but on people?
Yes, it was one of those sites for parents, where they can read about weird things your teen daughter or son is doing to loose weight
Old 08-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #30
DamnSkippy

I was wondering why I wasn't losing weight by eating that Little Debbie Snack Cake before bedtime. Now I know it's because I'm insulin resistant and not because of the calories. Whew!
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote