Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 03:28 AM   #1
sarahk_4005
sarahk_4005

Cool Has anyone seen this film? The one that doesn't appear on DB's biography?

The film that doesn't appear on David's biography:

BEAT (1999) - R
Genre: Biopic, Drama
Markets: Unknown
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Production Company: Pfilmco, Inc.
Zuckerman Entertainment

Sales Agent: Nu Image

Director: Gary Walkow

Producer: Andrew Pfeffer
Alain Silver
Donald Zuckerman

Exec Producer: Willie Baer
Danny Dimbort
Avi Lerner
Trevor Short

Writer: Screenplay: Gary Walkow

Cast: David Boreanaz
John Diresta
Ron Livingston
Courtney Love
Norman Reedus
Kyle Secor
Kiefer Sutherland
Sam Trammell

Synopsis: The unusual relationship between Lucien Carr and Joan Burroughs, the wife of novelist William Burroughs.

and here's the link http://www.showbizdata.com/credits.cfm/224787/Beat
to that page, it has a trailer of the film on the page, but my computer is too clapped out to play it, so I don't know if David appears in it or not!

Someone will have to let me know....and then I guess, I'll just have to purchase the film to see how many seconds/minutes DB appears for

Enjoy!
sarahk_4005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:23 AM   #2
tojoson

i viewed the trailer, and didn't see any sign of DB,

he is NOT listed in the onscreen credits

maybe it's something like CC in 'The Groomsman' (What Boys Like)
Old 02-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
v120176

No, it's a mistake. This is a movie with Kiefer Sutherland , Courtney Love and others, Here's the link to IMDB and no DB on it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211941/fullcredits
That site is wrong. Also, no DB's images on the trailer.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
sarahk_4005
sarahk_4005

Other films....Beat?

Background ... to my previous post:

I've read that DB's says he appears for a "blink and you'll miss it" couple of seconds in Aspen Extreme and the Best of the Best II.

Now because I'm a big DB fan I've actually watched both these films and didn't spot DB in either of them.

Perhaps (because I have not watched Beat) David appears for a blink and you'll miss it, couple of seconds in this film.

And that would explain why, he doesn't appear in the trailer....just a thought.

Also I'm beginning to think that this film and if David appears in it or not, is a bit like trying to discern David's true birthdate, because, every site says something different, so depending which site you access, the date for DB's birthday seems to differ every time, so... it makes me think that he could have appeared in this film, and simply not been credited for it, or perhaps DB hated the end result so much, he never mentions it in his biography.

Yes, Keifer Sutherland and Courtney Love's names both appear in the credits and they also appear in the trailer, the other stars listed as appearing in the film in my post were: John Diresta; Ron Livingston; Norman Reedus; Kyle Secor; and Sam Trammell (none of whom I know), along with David's name, on the site I accessed.

I'm curious, and I'll probably end up purchasing a copy of this film to find out if in fact DB appears in it or not. I actually saw another nick mention this film over at another site, maybe some six months ago, that's why I looked for it on the internet in the first place.

I'm guessing that the only way I will ever find out if DB appears in this film is buy and watch it.

Anyway, just my humble opinion. sarahk_4005
Old 02-26-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
lostakasha

From a 2000 interview in Sci Fi Weekly Magazine:

SF: You were also going to play novelist Jack Kerouac in Beat?

Boreanaz: Yes ... I was supposed to do that, too. That didn't work out as well because of the schedule. So sometimes, you find, you win some, you lose some. You got to take it for what it is.

Here's the link: http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue201/interview.html
lostakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #6
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk_4005
is a bit like trying to discern David's true birthdate, because, every site says something different, so depending which site you access, the date for DB's birthday seems to differ every time, so...

1969......trust me I was there

OK not actually THERE there for the birth of course but living in Buffalo at the time. I'm older and my little sister was born exactly one month after Dave Roberts (who then went by Davey Thomas) and his wife had their third child (only boy) in 1969

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:47 AM   #7
sarahk_4005
sarahk_4005

Wink can I quote you on that... the birthdate thingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFireHorse
1969......trust me I was there

OK not actually THERE there for the birth of course but living in Buffalo at the time. I'm older and my little sister was born exactly one month after Dave Roberts (who then went by Davey Thomas) and his wife had their third child (only boy) in 1969
just want to quote you, having an ongoing discussion with another nick about his birthdate... thanks for the info that supports my side (yay me!) am I so juvenille ... um yes!

take care, sarahk_4005
Old 03-01-2006, 07:02 AM   #8
LadyFireHorse
mmmmmmmm bathtime

Quote away

Here's another example for you:

David himself has stated in seperate interviews that he moved from Buffalo to Philadelphia (actually Villanova, PA) in 1978. He has also said he was 9 yrs old when they moved....true on both counts. Now you do the math. If they moved in 1978 and he was 9 then when was he born? Open mouth insert foot David

ALSO when you tour the WPVI studios in Philly and I have.......there is a picture in Dave Roberts lounge area of him and David and it says "David's 30th....1999"

"Be who you are, say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter, don't mind..." Dr. Seuss

Last edited by LadyFireHorse; 03-01-2006 at 07:04 AM.
LadyFireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote