Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Movie Mania!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #31
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Oh, and also? The crew needs to be stuck for some period of time on an alient planet where the alien civilization has modelled itself after a particular and specific time in human history.
Yeah, I never got that bit in TOS...

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #32
Bryan

Question

TOS Klingons or TNG?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #33
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
The trouble with tribbles is...

If they're really going to go all out and cram everything in, then we should also expect:

(1) Evil spores that mess with the crew's heads;
(2) Evil energy clouds; and
(3) Evil, creepy kids acting like possessed adults.

Oh, and also? The crew needs to be stuck for some period of time on an alient planet where the alien civilization has modelled itself after a particular and specific time in human history.
Plus androids and an evil greek god or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
TOS Klingons or TNG?
Well, considering TOS Klingons were basically humans with bushy eyebrows and beards I'd go with TNG
Old 11-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #34
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

TVGuide is saying that Jennifer Morrison from House will be in the movie.

I'm seeing her as a hot Vulcan, myself.

Yup, still seeing the hot Vulcan.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #35
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch View Post
TVGuide is saying that Jennifer Morrison from House will be in the movie.

I'm seeing her as a hot Vulcan, myself.

Yup, still seeing the hot Vulcan.
I think they're going the way of Carol Marcus for her Dan. At least that's what tojoson's information was leaning towards.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #36
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' Lorne View Post
I think they're going the way of Carol Marcus for her Dan. At least that's what tojoson's information was leaning towards.
That's just disappointing.

.I'm sad.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #37
Belle Melange
icon by Clln

I saw it. I liked it.

Anyone else?

\V/,

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10

"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly

Last edited by Belle Melange; 05-13-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #38
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Going tomorrow, can't wait, it looks really good.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #39
Platypus
The Pointy End

Just saw it tonight and it was FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

Seriously, I know I had doubts, but then the commercials and trailers looked so good that I got excited in spite of myself, and it totally lived up to and exceeded expectations. Pitch perfect. Walked out and wanted to see it again, and even more so, wanted a sequel with this crew like, tomorrow.

Loved, loved, loved it.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #40
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:

Seriously, I know I had doubts, but then the commercials and trailers looked so good that I got excited in spite of myself, and it totally lived up to and exceeded expectations. Pitch perfect. Walked out and wanted to see it again, and even more so, wanted a sequel with this crew like, tomorrow.

Loved, loved, loved it.
FREAKING AWESOME FOR THE WIN!!!!!

I think we might try to go see it again tomorrow! This is what I posted over at my LJ:

We saw Star Trek today and I loved it. Serious love over here.

It will probably piss off some of the more hardcore fringe out there, but as someone who's been a huge fan for the past 25 years or so, I'm okay with it. In fact, I'm more than okay with it. I freaking LOVED it! It explores possibilities that the show has always alluded to through out it's various incarnations, dared to be different, didn't take the chicken shit way out at the end and best of all, opened up a WORLD of possibilities for the entire franchise.

The casting was great. Karl Urban as Bones was particularly good, as well as that dude from Heroes as Spock. I was never a huge fan of Shatner's Kirk, but Chris Pine has made me a fan of him in this franchise. Everyone else was really good as well, and the most surprising thing of all, as far as the characters go, was to me the best thing going.

Great movie all around.

ETA - Oh, and it seems we'll get our sequels, Plat. The cast was signed up for three movies!

Last edited by Lovin' Lorne; 05-08-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #41
Lysa

I'm excited to see the movie. Hoping to get there this weekend. The promos have been great. I usually fast forward over commercials on my TV when I can, but I kept stopping long enough to watch the previews. Glad to hear that those of you who've seen the movie think it's great.
Lysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #42
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

I took another look at this thread from the beginning and I totally LOL'ed.

The one person that we all seemed to have a "problem" with gave one of the best performances of all.

So, if there's one thing I've learned, it's to never doubt the acting talent of Karl Urban!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #43
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:

Loved, loved, loved it.
I felt exactly the same way I walked out and had the urge to get back in line and see it again. It's a fantastic movie, great action, great plot, great acting, great dialogue.

Quinto was amazing as Spock, I loved Chris Pine as Kirk. It scared me how well Karl Urban channeled Bones and freaking Simon Pegg stole every scene he was in. Hell John Cho (Sulu) and Anton Yelchin (Chekov) were adorable. I know I had my doubts but right now I want to kiss JJ Abrams for bringing Star Trek back to life.

ETA: LL - I think I was one of the people that worried about Karl Urban as Bones the most and he blew me away. I think the other major complaint I had was Winona Ryder as Spock's mom. Totally didn't even realize it was her, only remembered the role when I saw her name in the credits.

Oh and I love the fact that they cast Ben Cross (been in love with him since The Far Pavilions) as Sarek.

Oh and I waited for them to take the "chicken shit" way out, fully expected it to happen. Was so wonderfully surprised that they didn't and I love the fact that this opens up so many new opportunities for Trek.

God, I'm gushing like a little fangirl...haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time.

Last edited by Morrigan; 05-09-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #44
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
I felt exactly the same way I walked out and had the urge to get back in line and see it again. It's a fantastic movie, great action, great plot, great acting, great dialogue.

Quinto was amazing as Spock, I loved Chris Pine as Kirk. It scared me how well Karl Urban channeled Bones and freaking Simon Pegg stole every scene he was in. Hell John Cho (Sulu) and Anton Yelchin (Chekov) were adorable. I know I had my doubts but right now I want to kiss JJ Abrams for bringing Star Trek back to life.

ETA: LL - I think I was one of the people that worried about Karl Urban as Bones the most and he blew me away. I think the other major complaint I had was Winona Ryder as Spock's mom. Totally didn't even realize it was her, only remembered the role when I saw her name in the credits.

Oh and I love the fact that they cast Ben Cross (been in love with him since The Far Pavilions) as Sarek.

Oh and I waited for them to take the "chicken shit" way out, fully expected it to happen. Was so wonderfully surprised that they didn't and I love the fact that this opens up so many new opportunities for Trek.

God, I'm gushing like a little fangirl...haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time.
LOL! That was the best part of the whole darn thing, if you ask me. I kept waiting for the nice package in the little bow at the end and they didn't do it. The fact that this movie was a reboot, not a prequel blew me away. I had no idea they were going to go there since I stayed away from every spoiler. Very ballsy if you ask me.

And I totally agree about the fangirling. I don't think I've been this revved up since The Lord of the Rings. I'm seriously debating dragging all of my ST books out from under the bed and giving them another go!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #45
Prima
I have no idea...

This is how I'm going to sum up my Trek movie viewing experience:

\o/

"...speculating on the sadomasochistic dominance games of the White House staff is always more interesting and topical than shipper wars." --Cordy's Bitch

"OMG GOD HATES ME BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE JESUS/PETER CANON! I'M QUITTING THIS FANDOM, AND I AM TOTALLY NOT FINISHING REVELATIONS!" --latara
Prima is offline   Reply With Quote