Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #16
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar View Post
Per TV guide apprentice is out - which I am delighted about.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...22714#comments

I'm very excited to hear about the back to you gig as it will give CC exposure in a sitcom role which she has always said she wants.

As for big shots anything with Michael Vartan will get my vote. She's slated to appear Nov 1st

These sound like great opportunities for CC.
Woo hoo! I was hoping for the best when the "Celebrity Apprentice" news broke, but I was never really happy about it. But a confirmed recurring role on a major ABC show, one that airs right out of "Grey's Anatomy"? I guess I'm just going to have to watch the suck.

(And Penny, it looks like CC's character is matched up with Christopher Titus' character!)

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #17
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar View Post
Per TV guide apprentice is out - which I am delighted about.
Me too. Excellent news all around.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #18
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
(And Penny, it looks like CC's character is matched up with Christopher Titus' character!)
*dies and iz ded*
Old 09-21-2007, 10:48 AM   #19
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
*dies and iz ded*
Ditto. Dude Titus and CC in the same show? That is Must See TV.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #20
nodakskip

Not really that shocked that CC is going to do a Back to You guest shot. Since it stars Kelsey Grammer. And his blond daughter Spencer Grammer happens to be the main female lead of Greek, the other show CC just did.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:49 PM   #21
Platypus
The Pointy End

I've been trying to figure out who CC might be playing - I found this description of the series (it's a fairly negative review, though) at the Futon Critic, which hints at the Titus character having a "Maris Crane" type wife.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20070612

Since the TV Guide item more or less implies that we'd "hear" about the CC character but not see her until the November 1 episode, I am assuming that she may be the Maris Crane in question, but that the producers decided to un-Maris her. Apparently, he's quite "henpecked" by her, which may be a bit of typecasting but makes sense.

Also making sense? Rob Thomas (of "Veronica Mars") has signed on as a consulting producer, leading EW to predict snappier, smarter dialogue in future episodes. But it also may explain the CC casting, since Rob loved her so much as Kendall Casablancas. Here's the EW preview mini-review:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2005...054865,00.html

Old 09-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #22
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Woo hoo! I was hoping for the best when the "Celebrity Apprentice" news broke, but I was never really happy about it. But a confirmed recurring role on a major ABC show, one that airs right out of "Grey's Anatomy"? I guess I'm just going to have to watch the suck.

ditto!! I wasn't too happy about seeing Trump but was willing to do it for CC's sake. But the fact that she's going to be on 'Back to you' and 'Big shots', makes it easier for me to watch her and enjoy it.

Thanks for the info, FF.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Since the TV Guide item more or less implies that we'd "hear" about the CC character but not see her until the November 1 episode, I am assuming that she may be the Maris Crane in question, but that the producers decided to un-Maris her. Apparently, he's quite "henpecked" by her, which may be a bit of typecasting but makes sense.
I'm guessing she's the Maris, too. Which, if she really is Maris-like (tightly wound, hypochondriacal, easily offended), may be more of a stretch for CC than it might sound.

Thanks for the links!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #24
DamnSkippy

I don't think CC is his wife unless they've recast her. From the extended promo that I watched on ABC, the editing makes it appear that Titus's wife is a blonde actress. From the promo, it appears they all seem to have affairs, so my guess is that CC will be his (wait for it) "mistress" (yet again - a cheating woman). But maybe she won't be a bitchy one this time.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM   #25
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I don't think CC is his wife unless they've recast her. From the extended promo that I watched on ABC, the editing makes it appear that Titus's wife is a blonde actress. From the promo, it appears they all seem to have affairs, so my guess is that CC will be his (wait for it) "mistress" (yet again - a cheating woman). But maybe she won't be a bitchy one this time.
Well, since the Futon Critic synopsis leads me to believe that the mistresses are the only sympathetic women on the show, maybe that would be a good thing.

Meanwhile, CC doesn't appear until November 1; didn't someone say that part of the Maris-ness of Titus' wife is the fact that she's first established as an offscreen character? I dunno. It's certainly possible that the wife character has been recast, especially for a show that hasn't yet officially debuted and yet already seems to have gotten pretty deadly reviews.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:31 PM   #26
Platypus
The Pointy End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Meanwhile, CC doesn't appear until November 1; didn't someone say that part of the Maris-ness of Titus' wife is the fact that she's first established as an offscreen character?
The Futon Critic review referred to her as a Maris Crane type - to me, that's television code for spoken about but never seen, similar to Norm's wife on Cheers. If she was just a bossy, bitchy hypochondriac, I can think of other references they would have used. But who knows? I'm just pleased at the possibility of regular CC appearances on screen, and since I don't have anything else to watch Thursday nights at 10, I'm happy.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #27
brahmsviolin

Happy, happy day!

I will happily sit through a bleh show if it means I can skip the Donald. And, with Rob on board, the show will no doubt improve dramatically.
Team Cordy #172
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:12 PM   #28
Clarice

New Shows with CC *___* I'm really happy
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #29
ryanelli

Oooh, the possibility of Charisma Carpenter on screen with Dylan McDermott, and Michael Vartan is awesome!
ryanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #30
Platypus
The Pointy End

Here's a link to another bit that rehashes the TVGuide news, but adds some really nice words about CC:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/09/21/ch...wo-new-series/

I'm pretty excited about this. I guess I'll tune into "Big Shots" right from the start just to get used to the show before CC shows up.