Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #31
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Now that I would have paid to see. Anybody that jealous and clingy and high-handed? She had an angle.
Dude. I spent half the damn movie screaming "She's the sister! They're both in on it!" When it turned out that Laura/Louise was indeed one person, the entire room went "oh."

If it were Basic Instinct-lite, then it would've been Crazy!Eyed Bitch. If it were more clever than BI, it would've had Crazy!Eyed Bitch and Crazy!Bitch in cahoots. But we got "CAMP!"
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #32
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Dude. I spent half the damn movie screaming "She's the sister! They're both in on it!" When it turned out that Laura/Louise was indeed one person, the entire room went "oh."

If it were Basic Instinct-lite, then it would've been Crazy!Eyed Bitch. If it were more clever than BI, it would've had Crazy!Eyed Bitch and Crazy!Bitch in cahoots. But we got "CAMP!"
"CAMP!"? What does that mean?

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #33
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

Quote:
DudeIf it were Basic Instinct-lite, then it would've been Crazy!Eyed Bitch. If it were more clever than BI, it would've had Crazy!Eyed Bitch and Crazy!Bitch in cahoots. But we got "CAMP!"
Hee! It would have been perfect if it had been Crazy Eyed Bitch!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #34
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i liked CC. movie wasn't great though. CC definately getting out of the high school roles, major skin. i'll buy the dvd if they have it, only b/c CC is in it.

it will be shown again Fri. Feb. 24 @ 3pm

Last edited by jujube1013; 02-13-2006 at 10:25 PM.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:23 PM   #35
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakface
"CAMP!"? What does that mean?
adj.
Having deliberately artificial, vulgar, banal, or affectedly humorous qualities or style: played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect.

Wiki Description

Think any John Waters movie. Melrose Place. Mommie Dearest. Showgirls. MST3K.

ETA: For serious- I thought Crazy!Eyed Bitch was the big bad. Her very first scene, I thought she was frickin' crazy. I was way off.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 02-13-2006 at 10:26 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #36
DamnSkippy

First...great manip opportunities! Whew buddy!

But, and maybe it was because I was flipping back and forth between the movie and the skating, for me it was one of the crappier Lifetime movies. Not the acting, but you can only do so much with what's written and that writing pretty much sucked. "I looked for someone to complete me!?!?" Oh, please.

Of course I really don't like these kind of sexy/seductress/murderer movies any way, so I may be way too prejudice. CC looked hot and the sex scenes were pretty sizzling, so it wasn't all bad. I just hope the next part she gets is more substantial than the sexpot roll. Sorry, Freakface, but I want more than T&A.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:30 PM   #37
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Quote:
adj.
Having deliberately artificial, vulgar, banal, or affectedly humorous qualities or style: played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect.

Wiki Description

Think any John Waters movie. Melrose Place. Mommie Dearest. Showgirls. MST3K.
In other words: CHEESE!!!!

Well, in this horny old man's humble opinion, the ending has Velveeta cheese, but the ride was good... and I must say, Charisma must be really confident with her figure to do all those sex scenes and scantily outfits.

Here's to more risky and daring role in her future!!!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:56 PM   #38
jujube1013
spank your inner moppet

i can see why she was uncomfortable doing those scenes.i was uncomfortable watching and i have the playboy.
jujube1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #39
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

For a minute I thought they were going for a Crazy Laura/Slutty Helen/Nasty Hilary murder trifecta. It would have been interesting if there were only one M.O. but more than one killer. Sort of like a female Spur Posse, only with poison. Especially since they made such a point of having all three women talk in the more-or-less Southern accents. It was sort of like a club already.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:44 AM   #40
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

It would have been nice to see *something* other than the standard "The agressive, sexually confident woman is teh crazy evol!" that we got. Having the best friend be the perp would have been fun, and having a murder club would have been interesting. But no, it was as standard a murder mystery and it could be.

However, CC was pretty. I've watched movies for less.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #41
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
You know, that's kind of what I predicted too; especially because they shared a simlar look. Also, that really would have been a cool ending, to have them be crazy sisters or female serial killers. So much better then what we got.

I wasn't all that impressed with the movie, CC was very good in it but man it could have been so much better. The ending was horrible, I liked the whole Massage Oil trick but man I wanted Laura to get away with it. To me that would have been a cool 'dark' ending. Having the crazy!chick get away with killing them. Instead you get some lame ass romantic, "it was you all along" ending.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #42
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
To me that would have been a cool 'dark' ending. Having the crazy!chick get away with killing them.
The weird thing was that Gloria was the one who came off as the crazy, controlling, obsessive-compulsive stalker throughout the whole movie. Laura was a lot more civil to her than I would have been when Cop Lady pulled that all-day ridealong, for instance.

I was sure Gloria's behavior was some sort of clue, especially because Laura consistently came across as more sympathetic. Part of it was CC, but there was more genuine pathos in Laura's "Are you getting tired of me already?" than in all of Gloria's nonstop pity-partying about doing her own yardwork and spending her sweet sixteen at a pizza parlor. And Gloria turns out to be the heroine, for lack of a better term. I guess the moral of the story is, "One of your own kind -- stick to your own kind."

But whatever. Again: CC good, CC only name above title. Now let's get "Voodoo Moon" into a theater or on Sci Fi.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #43
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
The weird thing was that Gloria was the one who came off as the crazy, controlling, obsessive-compulsive stalker throughout the whole movie. Laura was a lot more civil to her than I would have been when Cop Lady pulled that all-day ridealong, for instance.
Well, I agree but I think that was supposed to be the twist. Crazy lady turns out to be normal and normal girl turns out to be crazy.

Quote:
Part of it was CC,
She does have a way of making even the most unsympathetic characters likeable.

Quote:
I guess the moral of the story is, "One of your own kind -- stick to your own kind."
How 1980's

Quote:
But whatever. Again: CC good, CC only name above title. Now let's get "Voodoo Moon" into a theater or on Sci Fi.
Very true.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #44
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Well, I agree but I think that was supposed to be the twist. Crazy lady turns out to be normal and normal girl turns out to be crazy.
Yeah, I guess, although it's not much of a twist for the cop to (shock!) be the Good Person. But Gloria was soooo grating and self-absorbed for an hour and fifty-five minutes that having her turn out to be the big fat heroine who gets the (dumb, wishy-washy himbo) guy in the final 120 seconds sort of fell flat. I dunno, maybe that's me.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #45
starlet2367
glitterati

Quote:
Yeah, I guess, although it's not much of a twist for the cop to (shock!) be the Good Person. But Gloria was soooo grating and self-absorbed for an hour and fifty-five minutes that having her turn out to be the big fat heroine who gets the (dumb, wishy-washy himbo) guy in the final 120 seconds sort of fell flat. I dunno, maybe that's me.
Not just you. (TM)

If Lifetime is the channel for women, and the programming folks there think that's what most of us want to watch.... Ugh! The underlying themes were awful! Like Bex said, "sexually aggressive girls are crazy/criminals," and like Penny said, "stick with your own kind." :shakes head: Sad, sad, sad.

I found myself wanting to see more of Laura's inner life. I don't know much about true schizophrenia, but doesn't it have some serious physical, mental and emotional implications for the primary personality?

For example, did "Laura" find herself waking up in places, not knowing how she got there? Was she exhausted, wired, drugged, jittery for no apparent reason? Did she even know that "Louise" had committed the crimes?

When the himbo started pushing her on whether she'd done it, the cold look she gave him made me think that Louise had come out to play. Too bad they didn't go more in that direction. But, hey, at least they didn't kill her in the end. ;-)

Also, that guy? Was the stupidest. himbo. ever. Could he have been more "Lead Me Around By My Dick"? He's like the blond in the horror movie who gives her b/f a blow job and then goes down in the basement to see what the noise is.

All my griping about the story aside, it was great to see CC onscreen again. Since we don't get UPN, I haven't seen her on TV since Charmed.

Also, did anyone else go "Aww" when he kissed her tummy? I got a total WitW flashback. ;-)
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote