Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
nodakskip

New CC Commissioned art (large pic)

Awhile back I posted here that I had a comic artist create a Cordelia Chase comic commission. I did this because I am a fanfic author. I mostly write Cordelia/Xander fanfiction so I dont post much here on what was a mostly Cordelia/Angel site.

My fanfiction that is yet to be finished is called "We can be Heroes." it has Xander and Cordelia getting sucked into the DC comic universe and becoming Superheroes. Xander becomes 'Night Hawk' from his code name in the Buffy show and has powers ala Superman. Cordelia becomes 'Blister', she has Wonder Womans powers along with the ablity to control fire. Also one of the 'in jokes' in the fic is that Xander and Cordelia take on the 'comic look'. Kind of like how every male hero looks like a bodybuilder and the women look like playboy playmates. (Just look at any image of Superman & Wonder Woman)

Anyway, the first attempt at the commission for Cordelia to look like Blister was a mistake and the artist just did a drawing of Cordelia from Charisma's playboy shoot.

Since he found he did a mistake that piece was sold on ebay along with others from the website the artists use. Then he did a new image of how Cordelia would look in the fic of mine. I just got it in the mail, size 11 by 17.

So just thought I would post how it looks like. Also this is also being posted here for the Charisma as Wonder Woman movie idea. As such Cordelia here has the Wonder Woman bracelets.

All credit goes to the artist Diego Maia. If you use please leave the auto on the print, since I dont want to get in trouble.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

I gotta say that doesn't look like CC's face. It looks like a totally different actress but I can't think of her name. And the arms and legs are weird. I thought she had on thigh-high boots because her leg goes *over* her pants/tights, but then there are socks on her, so I'm confused.

It's a cool idea for a fic and a nice attempt at the art, but it just doesn't look like her face to me. Now the rendition he did of the PB pic is very nice.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
nodakskip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
but it just doesn't look like her face to me. Now the rendition he did of the PB pic is very nice.
Well the Playboy pic is just a copy of an existing picture. So the face would be better then the second. But I have to say that its not bad considering that comic artists dont have an actor to draw. You can look at 10 pictures of wonder woman... and their would be 10 different faces. It even changes from comic to comic. So I have to say its not bad in my view. Of course I was not expecting an exact likness.

As for the uniform I didnt give him any details about it really. Just that she has the kind of clevage showing costume that everyone seems to have in the comics. Again its part of the fic that Cordelia gets turned to look like a comic version of a female hero, thus the larger chest.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
Well the Playboy pic is just a copy of an existing picture. So the face would be better then the second.
But there are thousands of pics of CC with her face full front with a serious expression he could have used to draw from. Or did you not ask him to draw CC as the comic? However, it looks *exactly* like another actress - maybe one on the OC or OTH? - I don't know her name, but I can picture her in my mind.

I understand what you asked him to do as far as making her the cartoon character, so the boobs are not a problem. The arms, IMO, are too skinny. She needs more muscular definition - not just big shoulders. And the leg problems are just - weird. Does she have boots on or socks and shoes? Or both? I don't know Blister, so maybe he got the body perfect. It just seems off to me.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote