Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Miscellaneous > Forum Announcements/Help
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

READ THIS! Forum update Tuesday, Nov. 21

Hey, teen gang -- the forum will be closed briefly beginning at about 5:30 p.m. Central Time tonight (Tuesday, November 21) for installation of new vBulletin software.

When the forum comes back on line, you may experience a few minutes to a few hours of default screens replacing our regular custom templates. This will go away. (Yes, I promise.) If you have any questions or concerns, I'd be most grateful if you'd PM me before you post a nasty message about it in a friends-locked LJ.

I'll sticky this thread as a place for people to list any glitches they experience once all our custom settings have been restored. I'll fix them as soon as possible; the vB documentation is pretty complete regarding potential problems and workarounds.

Thank you for your support!

ETA: Almost forgot to mention that you can leave nasty messages in the ALL-NEW! Stranger LJ. 'Cause those I can see.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

Surely no one will complain. We are all very understanding here and embrace change with grace and style. *Makes note to stay the hell away from ST for the next 36 hours.*
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

...Well, that wasn't so bad, now was it?

At least not on this end. Meanwhile, nearly 20 custom templates will need a little binking to continue acting the way everyone expects. The work's in progress. Let me know if you see problems.

Huzzah!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:30 AM   #4
Emmangel
Administrator

Ah, I was wondering why the thread template looked a little off just now and why I was for some reason going in to mod a thread when clicking the opion box at the bottom. LOL

But hey, we get image limits for sigs now. YAY!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:21 AM   #5
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Ah, shiny new updates. Thanks, Penny; the control panel works again.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

*bink*

Very brief heads-up -- I'm locking the board for about 10 minutes at 2 p.m. Central to install a new security patch. It's all back-end, so it won't affect interface or appearance. Back in a flash!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Couple of fun new features I think some of us will enjoy:

• The Multi-Quote button on each post. If you want to respond to more than one post in a thread, just click the white button with the curly quotes and plus sign at the bottom right of each post you want to quote. (The button will turn red -- if you want to deselect a post, just click it again, and it will revert to grey.) Then click Post Reply at the bottom left of the page -- every post you Multi-Quoted will be copied into your answer.

• The View Post arrow on each quoted post appearing in a new reply. No more hunting around for the original!

Share your faves! If you want to.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
Lovin' Lorne
Too Hot For Words

I didn't even notice things had changed. But now that you mention it, I can see a few differences. Still works though, and that's pretty much all that matters.

Where's Blue? Please help if you can.
Lovin' Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #9
DamnSkippy

Didn't there used to be *a href* shortcut button that's no longer there or am I imagining it? You know the one where you type in the text you want to show up and then type in the url to link it but only the text shows up?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote