Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
MoJo
Lost ME

FHM UK 100 sexiest.. (not good!)

Charismas not on the list! I am just so shocked. But the Buffyverse ladies did take quite a hit ED and SMG are the only ones on the list- and aren't in the top 50. Actually, I know I only post once a millenia and normally it is totally on something superficial, but I'm not really how I come off! Just dissappointed CC wasn't on the list. Hope she makes the US list...

Didn't really know where to put this so move as you will.

"Heaven... Must be missing an angel..."
MoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
Kika
An Endless Repetition

I'm not surprised, really. So much depends upon being in the public eye (hence why people like Abi Titmuss are there) and sadly, as far as the UK is concerned, Charisma hasn't been around much. Although she has done a number of other shows since leaving AtS, only Charmed and Miss Match aired over here and neither had a huge audience.
Kika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:52 PM   #3
tojoson

sadly, she isn't on the american list either,
there's another thread about the US list here

kika: i agree that her lack of public appearances is taking it's toll in these polls, i guess 'out of sight, out of mind' really applys here
Old 04-23-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Temujin
Universal Ruler

Well, she has a family now. It's likely (I hope) that they just aren't as important to her anymore.
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan

Last edited by Temujin; 04-23-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temujin
Well, she has a family now. It's likely (I hope) that they just aren't as important to her anymore.
The evidence (including CC's own statements) suggests that public appearances never were all that important to her.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
motivational speaker

I'm not sure lists like this were ever that important to actors, apart from a few lines in the media, which never does any harm.

And I agree with previous posts, that how high you are on the list isn't actually anything to do with how pretty or beautiful you are (as long as you were at least remotely attractive to get on there in the first place of course ) but more to do with how much you are in the public eye, if you still have a movie, show, CD out and if you have the core fans in the right number that would even be bothered with polls like this.

I guess you can view this 2 ways: a) that when you were in the top 10/50/whatever, you were really only there because you had a gig that was high profile and now that gig has finished, the majority of the great general public have moved on. Proving that it was a pretty silly list anyway (duh!)

or b) You were once so lovely that peeps regularly voted you into the top 50 of sexiest peeps ever and now you are so ugly/old/decrepid that no-one will vote for you anymore.

I see no sign of CC, SMG or ED falling into the latter category so I guess a) is the reason
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
Temujin
Universal Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
The evidence (including CC's own statements) suggests that public appearances never were all that important to her.
Didn't intend to mislead. My apologies.
" The horse thief shall be killed. The sentry that is negligent shall be killed. The arrow messenger that becomes drunk shall be killed. The man who appropriates loot for himself shall be killed. The leader who is incompetent shall be killed".-Genghis Khan
Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote