Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2004, 11:28 AM   #136
lex

Thanks for the backstory on Greg Rucka, Penny. ITA on the agent front, I mean this is the same guy that took Renee' Z. form Texas Chainsaw Massacre to Oscar winner so I'm sure he is giving her sound advice.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:36 AM   #137
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Well, it's interesting to note that reaction around the Web indicates that many people think CC will be better off without a WW movie. The phrase "It's going to suck even worse than Catwoman" has sprung up more than once.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:48 AM   #138
lex

I think I'm in the she's better off without it camp as well. I haven't been too particularly impressed with movies based on comic books lately.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:51 AM   #139
ehab
Perpetually Confused

I'd love to see Charisma get a good super-hero role where she can kick some ass. It definitely doesn't have to be wonder woman, but whatever it is it must be good. I hope she and her manager don't take any role that comes along, just for the super hero-y goodness. I don't think they would.

In this day and age of over-zealous censoring, I'm feeling more and more admiration for her Playboy spread, you know besides the initial 'gah' factor.

She's already brave, strong and principled...she's just needs the right role to show it off.
ehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:56 AM   #140
lex

Well, Quentin Tarantino is talking about possibly making a Kill Bill vol.3. If he does I would love to see Charisma in that.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:05 PM   #141
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Personally, I'd love to see Charisma in the upcoming movie(s) based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter, Warlord of Mars series. She'd make an ideal Dejah Thoris, and I can totally imagine Rodriquez action-ing up the role for her.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:13 PM   #142
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter, Warlord of Mars series. She'd make an ideal Dejah Thoris.
Would people recommend this to read?

I think I saw this as a suggested role for her over at Charisma-Carpenter.com too.

At the risk of totally alienating LaLa and others, I'm not too excited about Kill Bill. I tried, but truthfully I just can't get past the gore in Quentin's films. It's not that I don't think he isn't very clever, but they're just too bloody for me. I had to cover my eyes during Resevoir Dogs.

If she got to use the Katana though, I might be able to overlook the bloodiness.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:14 PM   #143
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
Personally, I'd love to see Charisma in the upcoming movie(s) based on Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter, Warlord of Mars series. She'd make an ideal Dejah Thoris, and I can totally imagine Rodriquez action-ing up the role for her.
Hey, he asked for her once before for The Faculty. Now, unless that experience told him to "just stick with Salma- people are gonna turn ya down!" ,I don't see why he won't do it again.

Kill Bill Vol. 3 wouldn't really be so, since it'll be Kill Beatrix (oh, come on, the movie's called "Kill Bill", like you didn't know how it was gonna end). Quentin said it would take place 15 years later with Vivica A. Fox's daughter Nikki coming back to get revenge on Bea (Uma) and her daughter B.B. Since Charisma doesn't look blonde or tiny, I can't see Charisma fitting into the fold.

But he is also doing a war epic Inglorious Bastards AND possibly the new Bond film...

OH! And Tarantino and Rodriquez are also collaborating on Sin City! Remember, a tiny role does a looooong way- look at Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction...

Dammit, she will work with Rodriquez or Tarantino if it kills me!!!11!!

EHab, "Kill Bill" is so cartoonishly gory, I don't see how people can be offended, y'know? It's honestly like a live-action cartoon. He made a friggin' cartoon- GoGo is a walking anime, for crap's sake! lol
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 05-01-2004 at 12:17 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #144
rolandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex
Thanks for the backstory on Greg Rucka, Penny. ITA on the agent front, I mean this is the same guy that took Renee' Z. form Texas Chainsaw Massacre to Oscar winner so I'm sure he is giving her sound advice.
Playboy is a calculated risk, of course. But from what I've seen, her layout is pretty modest and tasteful. Rucka is an AMAZING writer, btw. Shooting at Midnight is one of my all time fav. reads. He's got a thriller series, however lately he's been all comicbooks all the time. But all respect aside, he's a WRITER, and not a PRODUCER, so his opinion is just as weightless as every other asshole's. This might be just me, but I got the impression he liked the idea of CC in the role and didn't agree with her PB decision. I mean that, versus - 'thank god she fucked up. I didn't like her anyway.' (Rucka - get back to fiction, you boob.)

CC's playing it right - keep busy. Keep putting yourself in the way, making sure people see you. It's a matter of time.
rolandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:45 PM   #145
ehab
Perpetually Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
I don't see how people can be offended, y'know?
I'm definitely not offended, just queasy.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:04 PM   #146
daydreamer
Sure. Fine. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
EHab, "Kill Bill" is so cartoonishly gory, I don't see how people can be offended, y'know? It's honestly like a live-action cartoon. He made a friggin' cartoon- GoGo is a walking anime, for crap's sake! lol
It was really cartoonish, but even knowing that I could only watch about half of it. Still grossed me out and it kind of bothered me how much my friends were enjoying some of the stuff. It's not realistic violence, but I still couldn't take it. I didn't really like the whole premise though, so I guess that didn't really help either

http://daydreamingone.livejournal.com
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #147
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

My only comment is to back up what Penny said, there is no real talk of this movie at the moment. The only time it got any attention is when CC made it public that she wanted to play this character. It could be years before it ever gets made, if it gets made at all. They're still trying to bring Superman back to the big screen and that should have been a done deal after Smallvilles first season.

Also, I'm not sure what kind of pull DC Comics would have with the movie, or if the eventual Director/Producer will get their vision out there (ala the director of Harry Potter:POA).
Old 05-02-2004, 11:28 AM   #148
LaLa247
Wooo!

Didn't Lynda Carter have a pictorial in Playboy?
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:40 AM   #149
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Ask Dimitri, he'd know
Old 05-02-2004, 11:50 AM   #150
tojoson

i don't know obout playboy, but i know she appeared topless in a movie 'bobbie jo and the outlaw' released in 1976 the same year wonder woman premiered on tv, so it had to have been made before WW.

playboy did show some stills from the movie in one of their pictorials