Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
BAfanangelbuffy0

Charisma in TV Guide

Just got next weeks TV Guide in the mail and there is a full page picture of Charisma and Jason Dohring along with a joint interview. (pages 46 & 47)

My scanner is on its last leg or I would scan it. I can take digital pictures if no one can get a scan.

Tara
BAfanangelbuffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
LaLa247
Wooo!

I got permission to post this, I hope this is okay. Spoilers ahoy, sensitive folks. And if no one else posts it, I'll buy the issue and scan it.

Here we go:

Quote:
If things are heating up in Neptune, the fictional seaside town of UPN's Veronica Mars, blame Jason Dohring and Charisma Carpenter. Dohring's Logan Echolls has been hooking up with Kendall, his best friend's sexy stepmom (played by Buffy and Angel alum Carpenter), ever since Veronica (Kristen Bell) gave him the boot. And in the November 16 episode, their on-screen affairtakes an even naughtier twist.

While Dohring and Carpenter crackle with chemistry, fans- we should say Logan and Veronica fans- are hardly thrilled. "After Veronica, Logan may be the most adored character on the show," says creator Rob Thomas. "But we're having fun with those two broken up."

What do you think the attraction is between your characters?

Jason: There's a little bit of that Mrs. robinson thing. For a kid in highschool to be in a relationshipwith an older woman, a hot girl like that? Damn, man.

Charisma: I think when you have somebody like Logan puppy-doggin' after you and giving you all that attention, it just feels good. And since i'm married to an older man (on the show), I suspect the sex is a little longer and better with Logan.

Have you guys gotten comfortable shooting all those love scenes?

Jason: Everytime we're with each other, we have our clothes off! The first time kind of breaks the ice. Now we just fire back and forth with the banter. She plays a great bitch, and I play a great man-bitch, so it's cool.

Charisma: We have a running joke. Every time we get into bed with each other, Jason and I ask how our (real-life) spouces are doing.

Jason: Charisma's like, "How's your wife?" I'm like, "She's fine. How's your husband?"

Some fans really don't like Kendall and Logan together. How does that feel?

Charisma: I always get that. (on Angel, Cordelia)was Angel's second love and the fans wouldn't have it. They were like, "There's only one love, and it's Buffy!" And that's exactly how it is again. "There's only love for Logan! It's Veronica." So I'm used to it.

Jason: With Logan and Kendall, it's just physical. I think Veronica's the only one that can fill the hole in Logan's life.

Kendall's wardrobe is either skimpy or, uh, skimpy. Charisma, have you been working out more?

Charisma: Yes! Are you kidding me? Somebody told me, "You're gonna be in a bikini a lot." When I heard that I started doing double workouts.

Your former boss, Joss Whedon, is a huge Veronica Mars fan and even appeared in a cameo in the November 9 episode. How does that feel?

Charisma: It feels awesome. I have a tremendous respect for Joss. So when I see him giving Veronica Mars the stamp of approval, it makes me even more excited to be a part of it. It makes me feel like I made a very good choice and that my instincts were right.

What can you tell us about the upcoming death of a major character on the show?

Charisma: Its got to be Duncan (Teddy Dunn). He's just too nice! (Pause) No, he's too valuable.

Jason: Anybody, save Veronica, could be gone. It's destabilizing when all of a sudden you get the news that someone is going to die and you're like, "That's gonna happen? Whoa."

Hmmm. Give us some more scoop. What's going to happen between your characters?

Charisma: My husband left me high and dry, so (the November 16 episode) is about me trying to figure out how I'm supposed to survive.

Jason: Kendall tries to get me to be her sugar daddy and i'm like, "No way, baby, no way." The stuff I say is ridiculous. It's so funny.

Charisma: You'll see just how low i'm willing to go. It's totally salacious, bitchy fun. The claws really come out. Look out!
Does someone have the pic of them together from the mag?

And... "No way, baby, no way." -- Does Logan turn into Bruce Campbell all of a sudden?

I also suppose that this is where we get that Kendall may or may not sleep with Duncan. I ain't sayin' she's a golddigger...
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.

Last edited by LaLa247; 11-07-2005 at 09:25 PM.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Great interview... I loved how they get comfortable with the sex scenes by talking about their respectable spouses. I wonder if Jason is aware that every warm-blooded male watching the show is envious.

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:28 AM   #4
Emmangel
Administrator

I don't suppose anyone would be able to make a high-res scan of the photo/interview, so that I could put it on CCO would they?

*begs*
Old 11-08-2005, 07:12 AM   #5
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
I don't suppose anyone would be able to make a high-res scan of the photo/interview, so that I could put it on CCO would they?

*begs*
Gonna try. If someone doesn't have it up by this evening, then I'll do it when I get off work.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Thanks for the article Lara. Can't wait to see the pic.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
Bibliophile

Scan
Old 11-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
v120176

Thanks for the scan.......

She looks beyond words!!! I love the dress, the hair, the poss. Really great.

I know I said this a lot of times, but it can't be that she has 35 years old!
Please, please,tell me she had a surgery, she uses magic, anything..... I'm going to kill myself. Just for pity, lie to me and tell me this, and all the tapes are retouched...... Between this and Madonna's latest video, I'm really depressed.... (by the way did you see Madonna on that video, she has 47/48 years old.?!!!)

Seriously, she looks fabulous, one of the better pictures of her that I've seen.

ETA: I demand an icon with CC's picture.

Last edited by v120176; 11-08-2005 at 02:34 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Awwwwww!! That is the cuttest picture eva!! Thanks for the scan Rachel. And yup, she does keep looking younger and younger.

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Old 11-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
DamnSkippy

Thanks for the scan. What a great pic. I LOVE that dress. It reminds me of one Deborah Kerr wore in An Affair to Remember. *sigh*
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #11
psychofilly
*My* Angel eats nuns.

How did ME in any way make this woman look frumpy and dowdy? How? I mean, she's so damn pretty and that dress is just gorgemous.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #12
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

That's a cute pic and I really like the dress. Thanks for the scan.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #13
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
Thanks for the scan. What a great pic. I LOVE that dress. It reminds me of one Deborah Kerr wore in An Affair to Remember. *sigh*
teehee Quincidence? Do you think it is the dress from that movie?

Old 11-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #14
Eureka

Thanks for posting the article and the scan. Joining in with the appreciation of the dress! CC's looking great.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:25 PM   #15
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofilly
How did ME in any way make this woman look frumpy and dowdy? How? I mean, she's so damn pretty and that dress is just gorgemous.

Didn't they though? What was up with the do-rag? I don't care how tired or sick she'd be, I just can't seen Cordy in a do-rag.

Gail, no, it's not the same dress. At least the colors are different and the style is slightly different as well, but it's the same chiffon, two-tone feel. I didn't even think about the coincidence, but now that you mention it maybe that's the reference they were going for.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote