Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #1
nodakskip

If not C&D's how about Smallville for CC?

Found this on Cinescape.com

The Kryptonsite website reports that the producers of SMALLVILLE have sent out a casting call for the part of Lois Lane. According to the site, the actress that will eventually be hired to play the early-20s Lois will appear in four episodes early next season. Described as being "caucasian, smart, beautiful, urban, headstrong, and no-nonsense", Lois will visit Smallville to find out what happened to her cousin, Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack). She is also described as being tough as nails due to her upbringing by her U.S. Army father.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #2
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I honestly don't know if CC could pull of early 20's. Late 20's w/o a doubt but not really all that sure about under 25.

That being said I would love to see CC as Lois Lane. Umm, what happend to Chloe?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
DamnSkippy

I didn't know Lois was older than Clark. Kinky.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #4
argel
beloved cordelia

As much as I love CC, she can't do early 20's anymore. Plus, I would feel weird about seeing her on SV. Hmm.

But if we're talking about simply playing the part of Lois Lane anywhere else, CC could play the part nicely.

***argel***
Team Cordy™ #17
Charisma's Bitch #17
The Place of Blue

Not a Color, But a State of Mind

Lisa: Wait, Xena can't fly!
Lucy Lawless: I told you, I'm not Xena. I'm Lucy Lawless!
Lisa: Oh.
argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 07:06 PM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
I didn't know Lois was older than Clark. Kinky.
Never read the comics but the impression I got from the movies was that Lois Lane was slightly older then Clark. She was an already established "ace" reporter while Clark was just getting into the business.

Speaking of "ace" reporter anyone else have this overwhleming desire to see CC reprise Rosalind Russell's role in a His Girl Friday remake? Now if only I could think of a worthy successor to Cary Grant (Burt Reynolds just doesn't cut it )
Old 06-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
BlueEyes
The Original Band ******

It would be a little too ironic to go back to the network that "supposedly" did not like her.

If they did a remake of Superman the movie, I could see her as LL. (Funny, wasn't DB up for Superman?) But now, considering the disappoint I had in Smallville last season, NO.

I would like to see CC in a role on ER. I liked her on the division.. She needs a role that would stretch her. Or maybe CSI. Considering both the actors that played Grooey and Gavin had guest roles on there....ER, that is. Or maybe Law & Order.

Cat
BlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 08:06 PM   #7
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Never read the comics but the impression I got from the movies was that Lois Lane was slightly older then Clark. She was an already established "ace" reporter while Clark was just getting into the business.
True, but it could have taken him longer to get through school or just spent years learning about his powers or helping people prior to going for a career. So he could just be a late bloomer and not necessarily be younger.

Quote:
Speaking of "ace" reporter anyone else have this overwhleming desire to see CC reprise Rosalind Russell's role in a His Girl Friday remake? Now if only I could think of a worthy successor to Cary Grant (Burt Reynolds just doesn't cut it )
Gah, I would love that. Cary Grant is a tough man to replace. H. Grant or H. Jackman maybe? Pierce Brosnan? Maybe there's another English actor kind of under the radar now that could do it. I can't think of an American one. Tom Hanks could certainly handle the funny, but I'm not sure about the suave part. But I love him so much I'd accept him in the role.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:31 PM   #8
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
True, but it could have taken him longer to get through school or just spent years learning about his powers or helping people prior to going for a career. So he could just be a late bloomer and not necessarily be younger.
Per comics canon...at least last time I looked...Clark took time off between college (where he wooed the mermaid Lori Lemaris) and his job at the Daily Planet. He traveled the world, "helping."
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #9
DamnSkippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordy's Bitch
Per comics canon...at least last time I looked...Clark took time off between college (where he wooed the mermaid Lori Lemaris) and his job at the Daily Planet. He traveled the world, "helping."
So is it canon that he's older or about the same age as Lois or is it never really discussed?
Old 06-20-2004, 11:16 AM   #10
brownsbros3

If it were the Lois Lane that Clark meets when he gets to Metropolis and starts working for the Daily Planet, then I would be in favor of her getting the role. However, I don't think she should be doing anymore high school/college age roles. At this stage of her career, I'd much rather see CC take on more adult roles. If she really wanted to stick it to Mutant Enemy, she ought to see about landing a guest spot or more on the two shows that are replacing Angel, Blue Collar TV and the Green Screen. Though I don't know if she's done improv work before.

By the way, I wonder what ever happened to that Superman movie they were supposed to make? She would definitely make a great Lois for that. I remember reading that David Boreanaz was one of the guys that had read for the role of Clark Kent/Superman. I would love to see he and Charisma paired back up on the big screen.
brownsbros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #11
nickletv

CC on Smallville where she is in the vicinity of MR's Lex Luthor has been my dream for many a Smallville season, LOL. He's been married and burned twice by two brunettes, maybe third time would be the charm. (Until he went irreversibly eeeeeeevil).

As far as the Supes movie I read on tvguide online that Jason Behr (Max's Roswell) and Jared Padelecki (Dean of Gilmore Girls) were the two up for the leads as of now. I lean more towards Jason Behr but wonder how he'd fill out the suit

Nicole
nickletv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #12
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
I honestly don't know if CC could pull of early 20's. Late 20's w/o a doubt but not really all that sure about under 25.
Well, to be honest - up until a year ago, she *was* playing a 22 year old on Angel, which she pulled off fine. And with that new shoulder length hair of hers, I think she looks pretty young. It depends on what she does with her hair, face, clothes etc.

Having said that, I'm not so sure about Smallville. I have always thought Charisma strikingly resembled Louis Lane though.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 06:05 PM   #13
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
Well, to be honest - up until a year ago, she *was* playing a 22 year old on Angel, which she pulled off fine. And with that new shoulder length hair of hers, I think she looks pretty young. It depends on what she does with her hair, face, clothes etc.

Having said that, I'm not so sure about Smallville. I have always thought Charisma strikingly resembled Louis Lane though.
Yeah but she wa splayin a 22-year-old surrounded by people in their 30's she fit in. To put her on SV with actors who look like they're in their teens and have a play a few years older? I don't know if it would work.

That being said she does look much younger in her most recent pics, so it's possible that she could pull it off I just don't really think it's very likely.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:59 PM   #14
motivational speaker

If they are looking at someone Jason Behr's age for the Superman movie, then I guess they are looking at a younger Superman than DB's mid 30s. Christopher Reeve was reasonably young (mid 20s I think) when he first played the part.

As for CC in Smallville, I agree with those comments above. Playing someone early 20s when you're about 10 years older is OK if the rest of the cast are the same age or older, but playing early 20s when the rest of the cast are younger tends not to work too well. However I do agree that she would make a nice Lois Lane.
motivational speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 07:07 PM   #15
jerry

Charisma would be a great Lois Lane, but, as many others have said, opposite an adult Superman, not on "Smallville".
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote