Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #31
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
But this thread actually has gotten kind of funny.
Needs more ninjas.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #32
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Needs more ninjas.
Or bears.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #33
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Or bears.
Hey, for all we know, there are ninjas in that picture.

Random factoid: I have a truck like the one in the background of this pic. And I've seen a bear. He wasn't dancing though.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #34
SKauble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
looking at it now I don't think they would of worked out for the simple fact that Cordy was a huge bitch to Angel in Season 2 I mean when he fired the gang he was only looking out for there best interests because he knew he was in a war with W&H the only problem was Angel's team was to niave in inocent at the time to really see things from Angel's point of view this one of off many reasons the show was never a huge success because everyone except Angel was a gullible, naive idiot I mean Angel knew what he had to do he just didn't have the balls to follow through with it which was to blow up W&H with the lawyers and there clients still inside of it.

I might be wrong here (it has been a while), but I thought the whole point of the season 2 Angel/W&H thing was that there was no way to decisively beat W&H the way he was going. That is wasn't about having some pointless war, but about the things we chose to do in life. You can't eradicate evil, but you can choose to do good.

The visions gave Angel concrete opportunities to do good. And instead of taking them, he decided to go off and embark on a campaign of vengeance.

Angel was part of a team. Everyone contributing. And he up and left them because he was mad and sulky and he was learning the very painful life lesson - It's hard to be good and do the right thing.

And, while Angel can't be blamed for Cordy, Wes, and Gunn choosing to carry on the fight without him, he can be held responsible for abandoning a group of people who depended on him and who were actively trying to help him with his journey of redemption.

The fact that they were pissed off because he spent months having a tantrum doesn't make them unreasonable, IMO. I also don't think that Cordelia, a young woman who was callously tossed aside by one of the few people she cared about and depended on, was irrational because she didn't want to rush into trusting Angel again.

Okay, the ninjas and bears can have the thread back because, honestly, my head's too full of the stupidity of Smallville to spend too much time going back over the stupidity of Angel.

~Sarah~
SKauble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:06 AM   #35
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel View Post
I'm not even gonna touch this one...
It's just too easy...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 AM   #36
tootyfnfruity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
I think David is speaking his mind here because David and Joss had a major falling out somewhere during season 4 and still haven't spoken to each other since the show got cancelled.

Besides I always liked the borther/sister vibe from Angel and Cordy more because I think it worked better as well I mean why try and sick these characters together anyway aren't they fucked up enough as it is.
you know i never picked up on a brother sister vibe. I always thought the characters had an attraction for each other even from btvs and definately the best friend thing, but never brother sister. look back to S1 of ats and the way Angel reacted to Cordy dating anyone (i would even say different instsnces in the sunnydale years, but i am afraid it may just wishful thinking on my part);his reaction was not that of a brother and Cordy was just as bad when she thought someone was interested in Angel (i don't think it was just the fear of Angelus that cused her to bring up Angel's curse).
tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #37
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Right, right, and right again, SKauble.

Angel was, in a way, trying to look out for his team, but in the other direction all he wanted was revenge from W&H because he was frustrated with his Darla problems. Cordelia was mostly shunned by the Scoobies, probably neglected by her parents, and, hey, who can forget the rebar incident? She finally had someone to depend on, someone who cared for her and who she cared for in return, and he dumped her and the rest of his friends on the street and practically stomped all over his redemption. Her anger and hurt was justified.

(And btw, I wholeheartedly agree with you about 'Stupid Smallville' and its Clana problems, --->which stretches on even more so now that Lana is dead...)<---

What brother/sister vibe are all those people yakking on about? I have never once in my whole experience of the show seen any kind of sibling-y interaction between Angel and Cordelia. In fact, if you ask me, they seemed more like those friends that would eventually get together. The 'brother' thing falls entirely to Gunn & Wesley. Their chemistry with Cordelia is definitely that type.

And, LordKain, you could support Charisma at an all ANGEL/BtVS message board, like BuffyWorld, but this is also a hardcore C/A fan board. Unfortunately, a person can't escape C/A here. There are some individual Charisma fan groups and I think a fansite has a message board where there's not many mentions of C/A, so why ditch all of them and come to Stranger-Things? Y'know, bashing a couple at its own fanboard is really rude and ineffective.

Last edited by Penny Century; 10-22-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Edited for spoiler information.
bigbird811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #38
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird811 View Post
(And btw, I wholeheartedly agree with you about 'Stupid Smallville' and its Clana problems, which stretches on even more so now that Lana is dead...)
Just for your reference - these things really need to go into spolier font.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #39
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Oops. Sorry. I thought everyone knew!
bigbird811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:40 AM   #40
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

Okay, so not to drag things here, but here's a quote I found while surfing Belonging, in the 'Other Quotes' section:

Quote:
"Besides that, trying to find Cordelia is the big thing for Angel right now. He wants to tell her how he feels and get back to where they were at the end of Season Three. He has feeling he needs to express to her."
Now, note he's implying Angel *has feelings* for Cordelia, but we all know that's another word for love, right?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #41
tootyfnfruity

yep i'd def say feeling is another way of saying love

tootyfnfruity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #42
SlytherinAngelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
This was what he said at a Con just before S5. They were already pushing the Spike-Buffy-Angel triangle in promotion and trying to get BtVS fans to switch over from Buffy to Angel. So they were heavily pushing the old B/A relationship and trying to get people to forget about Cordelia since they had fired Charisma. David, as always, was spouting the company line since all he's ever cared about was having a job and not really anything about the story.

At least that's how he felt about BtVS and Angel. It seems he's changed his tune while working on Bones and I have to believe that has everything to do with the freedom and input he's allowed to have on that show as compared to the absolute dictatorship that Angel/JW was.
I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth, taste like ice cream, B/A? Oh god, that's sickening to the core. A S/B/A triangle is just sick... on all levels. I rather ship Darla/Angel than Buffy/Angel anyday. David doesn't seem to bright to me, regardless of his freedom on televisions shows and whatnot. But if I'm offending someone by insul DB, I'm sorry. Isn't he afraid of chickens?
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #43
Bullocks
holding onto hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootyfnfruity View Post
you know i never picked up on a brother sister vibe. I always thought the characters had an attraction for each other even from btvs and definately the best friend thing, but never brother sister. look back to S1 of ats and the way Angel reacted to Cordy dating anyone (i would even say different instsnces in the sunnydale years, but i am afraid it may just wishful thinking on my part);his reaction was not that of a brother and Cordy was just as bad when she thought someone was interested in Angel (i don't think it was just the fear of Angelus that cused her to bring up Angel's curse).
I think it all depends on who you ask--alot of non-Bangel fans--just plain ATS fans--dislike the romantic idea of Cordelia and Angel but loved the C/A friendship.

There was alot of hate in the fandom, not just from Bangels, but from other fans who just weren't comfortable with the idea of a romance, I remember that from the An Angel's Soul Spoiler Board Forums.

However, I don't think its fair for people to criticize fans of their relationship as seeing something thats not there, or being too new to the show to understand.

God I remember the shipper wars and how the Bangels would always trot out that line. I actually had an argument with this Bangel my freshman year at school, we both found out were were ATS/Buffy fans, and as soon as she found out I was a Cangel...

Well, we didn't speak or meet up ever again. I could tell she wanted to accuse me of being the herald of the apocalypse.

Oh and she also said "But Cordelia was so mean to Buffy in High School!" no lie.

Anyway--its weird thinking that this was like 4 or 5 years ago.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that had all those people on it. Damn." --Joss Whedon
He left us a legacy. To give others less fortunate than we are a chance to turn our lives around. Now I want him to have that chance.-Legacy, gone but not forgotten
Connor Fan #129
Darla Fan #025
Van/Hitomi/Allen Fan
DS9 Fan
Frillie Fan
Kagome/Inuyasha Fan
Sesshoumaru/Kagura Fan
Bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #44
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Buries an axe in Groundskeeper Willie's back, removes pacifier and declares in a deep, booming voice:

THIS IS INDEED A DISTURBING UNIVERSE...

Every time I see this thread title come up, I get that image in my head!

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote