Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
jean-vic

Something disturbing!!

I was just reading an Interview with David Boreanaz. He was asked a question by a fan on "How would Angel cope without Cordelia?"

DB replied, obviously, that he thought Angel would really struggle without Cordelia because she was such a huge, important part of his life.

Now the disturbing part. He said that he didn't think Angel loved Cordelia, he was just very close to her as a friend and he could respect her as a warrior. Nothing more.

I'm sorry, but I've always been led to believe that DB was a huge fan of C/A and then he drops this bombshell that he doesn't think that he loved her.

Seriously, does this bother anyone else or just me?
Old 02-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

You really cant pay attention to anything DB says, he changes his mind more than an adolescent girl...

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
JennieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella View Post
You really cant pay attention to anything DB says, he changes his mind more than an adolescent girl...
LOL! Very true, read the ones right after 'yw' and you might feel better

Although, I have heard that before, was that from an old interview?
As Cordy goes - So goes my Nation TeamCordy™#226
Are you on the list?
JennieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
jean-vic

Yeah it was right before Season 5 began. It was some event for fans. NB, ML and others were there for it.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
Livvie
nutcase

Pffffft, don't pay any attention to it.

DB just spouts the company line. Whatever they tell him to say at the time, that is what he says. He waffles more than Waffle House. I have seen him contradict himself sometimes in the same interview.

Don't let it get you down. To be honest, I don't think the guy is really smart enough to come up with his own opinions. (No offense to the DB-lovahs out there).

And once more why you can't trust anything you read in interviews or hear at conventions. They are getting paid to say that and supporting the current company/storyline/etc is what keeps them employed.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
LordKain
Devil Hunter

re:

I think David is speaking his mind here because David and Joss had a major falling out somewhere during season 4 and still haven't spoken to each other since the show got cancelled.

Besides I always liked the borther/sister vibe from Angel and Cordy more because I think it worked better as well I mean why try and sick these characters together anyway aren't they fucked up enough as it is.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #7
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
I think David is speaking his mind here because David and Joss had a major falling out somewhere during season 4 and still haven't spoken to each other since the show got cancelled.
Source?

Quote:
Besides I always liked the borther/sister vibe from Angel and Cordy more because I think it worked better as well I mean why try and sick these characters together anyway aren't they fucked up enough as it is.
Uh, they never had a brother/sister vibe. They were best friends who fell in love.

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
califi

Quote:
Gabs: They were best friends who fell in love.
Never a truer word said.

GoTeam C/A
califi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
Clarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
There was fraternal vibe between Wes-Cordy and Gunn-Cordy, not between Angel-Cordy :/ Angel was attracted from Cordy since Btvs (the scene of the garbadge bin for example).
In Ats at the beginning she was a girls he knew from SunnyD, immediately she became his friend, his best friend, and the girl he loved, not like a sister. Never like a sister.

Quote:
And once more why you can't trust anything you read in interviews or hear at conventions. They are getting paid to say that and supporting the current company/storyline/etc is what keeps them employed.
Precisely

DB said a lot of things: he said he liked the A/C romantic relationship -
then Joss ruined all with the Cordelia/Connor arch and the Angel/Nina arch -__- ç__ç so David during a conv. said the real love of Angel life is Buffy -___- ççç_ççç
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
DamnSkippy

This was what he said at a Con just before S5. They were already pushing the Spike-Buffy-Angel triangle in promotion and trying to get BtVS fans to switch over from Buffy to Angel. So they were heavily pushing the old B/A relationship and trying to get people to forget about Cordelia since they had fired Charisma. David, as always, was spouting the company line since all he's ever cared about was having a job and not really anything about the story.

At least that's how he felt about BtVS and Angel. It seems he's changed his tune while working on Bones and I have to believe that has everything to do with the freedom and input he's allowed to have on that show as compared to the absolute dictatorship that Angel/JW was.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #11
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
At least that's how he felt about BtVS and Angel. It seems he's changed his tune while working on Bones and I have to believe that has everything to do with the freedom and input he's allowed to have on that show as compared to the absolute dictatorship that Angel/JW was.
You are so right about that. I think now that they got picked up again and he is getting a fairly substaintal raise, a lot more of the behind-the-scenes stuff regarding his time on Angel is going to come out. He has already done the sort of backhanded slap in some interviews about how he has so much more freedom on Bones and such. Most of us have seen them but I can dig links if people need them.

I remember, a while back, when the shows were still on, there was a DB contradictions page with links to all the interviews where he had said something and then said something else. It wasn't up for very long because it was right in the thick of the shipping wars. Does anyone else remember that page?

He is smart enough to know that if you want to keep your job, you say what they tell you to say. Especially in regards to Whedon productions.

I think, again, like you said, he has a lot more freedom on Bones and less of the company line. I have to admit that I read less interviews with him now because I don't watch Bones. I mainly just skim them to see if they ask about Angel, which usually results in him saying about how that show is over and he wants to talk about new projects. Who can blame him though?
Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
samsmom

I don't blame him at all. It seems like he wasn't having a good time on Angel in the last couple of seasons, and based on snippets of s5 that I saw, he was pretty much phoning it in.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #13
LordKain
Devil Hunter

Joss

does anyone have that link on Joss Whedon's infamous ego's interview when he shoots on his former Buffy and Angel stars.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #14
Will

Id love to see that too. In short what did he say?

Cordy: I naturally assumed you'd be lost without me, but this?

Angel: I am lost without you.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
Jaime Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
This was what he said at a Con just before S5. They were already pushing the Spike-Buffy-Angel triangle in promotion and trying to get BtVS fans to switch over from Buffy to Angel. So they were heavily pushing the old B/A relationship and trying to get people to forget about Cordelia since they had fired Charisma. David, as always, was spouting the company line since all he's ever cared about was having a job and not really anything about the story.

Yeah James would do the same thing. It was always B/A Forever until his recent con. He is finally starting to say what he thinks and he believes Spuffy could have worked out possibly. Anyway what the actors say doesn't matter cause we saw Cangel onscreen and that's what True Love is all about. Nothing anybody can say will change my mind. They do their jobs and get paid they don't care about the shipper wars.
Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote