Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #46
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy
No one's ever said David Greenwalt was God that I know of.
I can and will- the brotha's hot. He's my God among men. After Bono.

Carry on, I have nothing else to add.

Actually, I do. I don't give a crap who wrote what line. All I know is, that most of the dialogue for B/A was horrid, while it seemed like the writers actually used a braincell for dialogue and storylines for C/A. I'm done.
Charisma's Bitch #1

"Treat everyone the same until you find out they're an idiot." -- Lucy Lawless

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
LaLa247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #47
You're Welcome
Concorde crashes into LA

You're making an assumption as to who wrote the lines. For all you know, Joss might have wrote most of the lines for either couple. Or, Greenwalt might have had a big part in the Buffy, Angel dialogue. To be honest, I dont really care, Spuffy kicked ass. Hey, thinking about it, does anyone write, Spike,Cordelia fanfaction? I might break my unwritten rule and read something that takes up more than five minutes of my time.
Cordy:You're a lot smarter than you look! 'Course, you look like a retard.

I hate Joss to...honest.
You're Welcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #48
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by You're Welcome
You're making an assumption as to who wrote the lines.
Actually, everyone has said they don't care who wrote them. When you come down to it, the whole show was Joss' baby and Joss' responsibility, and he let the drivel on the air, so I'm more than okay with laying the blame at Joss' feet.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #49
You're Welcome
Concorde crashes into LA

Yet, I bet you give him no credit for creating a character like Cordelia? Or the other characters. why do most of these fan sites always have some aspect of the shows they like to attack? This site doesnt seem too keen on Joss. Now don't get me wrong, there are many things Joss has done that pissed me off. He made some bad choices with either show, but I still appreciate the hard work he put into the shows.
Cordy:You're a lot smarter than you look! 'Course, you look like a retard.

I hate Joss to...honest.
You're Welcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #50
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
This site doesnt seem too keen on Joss.
Well... yes. And that soooo isn't going to change.

Nwebies... gotta love 'em.

I'm shutting up now. Honest.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #51
LaLa247
Wooo!

This isn't a Whedon/AtS fan site. It's a Charisma & C/A board.

Aaaaaaand, I'm joining Em in Honestly-Shutting-Up Land. Look! Gunnland of Denial. Let's go, Em!

ETA: Emma, I've just noticed we share a love of oh-so-delusional icons. Icon love!
Charisma's Bitch #1

President Bush DID have a sure fire plan to end the war in Iraq, However Chuck Norris was busy that day.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #52
rousedower
cancelled

Quote:
why do most of these fan sites always have some aspect of the shows they like to attack?
Because no show is perfect. No matter how much you may like it or how good it can be at times, there's always an aspect of a show that doesn't quite work (whether it's a bad storyline or a bad character). There's nothing wrong with pointing out its flaws along with praising its accomplishments.
Stake Darla #13
Greenie Groupie #13
rousedower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #53
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Let's go, Em!
Party at my place!

Quote:
ETA: Emma, I've just noticed we share a love of oh-so-delusional icons. Icon love!
Heh! I was going to comment on yours before actually! Is that from one of the blooper reels? I've never seen that picture before.

Also? Being delusional kicks arse. Plus, those characters are way too pretty not to be shipped. LOL
Old 08-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #54
Cordy's Bitch
Not amused

Quote:
Yet, I bet you give him no credit for creating a character like Cordelia?
I give credit where credit's due.

And it really wasn't in the last few years. I've had better planned diarrhea.

Quote:
why do most of these fan sites always have some aspect of the shows they like to attack?
Probably to keep from being more sycophantic than they already are. Just because I like one aspect of something doesn't give the rest of it a critical free pass. I enjoyed the show, but I didn't worship it, or any of the creators.

Actually, if I worshipped any aspect of the show, it was Charisma's legs, but unlike the show, they remained high quality.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair. Or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Till then you've got a lot more punishment in store. So stand it like a man, and give some back."
Cordy's Bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #55
LaLa247
Wooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmangel
Heh! I was going to comment on yours before actually! Is that from one of the blooper reels? I've never seen that picture before.
It's apparently from the S5 DVD box set outtakes. I found the pic here. Been looking for some actual video for said outtakes, haven't been successful though. The pic looks like it could be from "First Impressions" or "Sense and Sensitivity". From the looks of it, that's the only one with Charisma in it.
Quote:
Also? Being delusional kicks arse. Plus, those characters are way too pretty not to be shipped. LOL
Which is exactly what I've been saying about C/A! lol Honestly, H/Hr is cute, but after HBP...
Charisma's Bitch #1

Old 08-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #56
v120176

Maybe we "attack" some aspects of the shows because we're not blind followers of Joss. We're not part of the "we love you Joss, you're God" that we read a lot about. No one here ever said Joss has no talent. But it's true that he tends to destroy everything he creates. and blame others for HIS failures, is always somebody's fault.
.And while he did create BTVS/ATS, let's not say he was original: from Anne Rice, to Forever Knight to Xena, a looooot of that was there.

It's a known fact that Joss is not very liked here. For several reasons but specially his "I'm the center of the universe, always right, never wrong" attittude. He's good and creative. But he's not a genius. Only genius can have that attittude....

Last edited by v120176; 08-09-2005 at 09:00 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #57
Platypus
The Pointy End

Can't we just have the opinion that Joss is a hack and Greenwalt was the real talent behind the show(s) because it's fun?

Won't anyone think of the children?!?

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #58
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

You know what I love? Those new Gap commercials that use "You and I" as the background music.

I'm Rick Jaaaaames, bitch!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:15 AM   #59
skippcomet

Quote:
Yet, I bet you give him no credit for creating a character like Cordelia? Or the other characters. why do most of these fan sites always have some aspect of the shows they like to attack? This site doesnt seem too keen on Joss. Now don't get me wrong, there are many things Joss has done that pissed me off. He made some bad choices with either show, but I still appreciate the hard work he put into the shows.
There's a fine line between appreciating hard work and ignoring the fact that the writing, planning, and execution of stories and themes during the last two years of both shows was wildly uneven. It ranged from rare moments of damn goodness at best to far, far too many instances of mediocrity, sloppiness, and "I can't believe ME actually expects me to swallow this tripe!" irredeemable badness at worst. (To this day, I can't take seriously anybody who says Story Teller or The Girl in Question were actually any good. YMMV, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century
You know what I love? Those new Gap commercials that use "You and I" as the background music.
And with that, I'm just waiting for the tentacle pr0n. And Dmitri. I don't even know Dmitri, but I'm waiting for him. Hey! Anybody want to help me write a new play? Waiting for Dmitri. It'll be brilliant!, like Killian's Red. We just need a spare stage, some actors, and tentacle pr0n playing in the background.

Last edited by skippcomet; 08-10-2005 at 04:19 AM.
skippcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 AM   #60
Emmangel
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa247
Been looking for some actual video for said outtakes, haven't been successful though.
Oh cool. If I can find out what disk it's on, I'll add it to my DVD rental list. If I do get it, I'll see if I can rip the outtakes for you.

Quote:
Honestly, H/Hr is cute, but after HBP...
Heh, no matter what, I take comfort in the fact that Movie!Harry/Hermione is prettier than Ron/Hermione (In my opinion - though neither as pretty as Harry/Draco) and I get lots of pretty promo shots of them (but no Snape yet!1!!1eight!!1).