Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
bigbird811
Lieutenant McMuffin

*smacks you* You know I was talking about s5. Evil man.

We'll all have our opinions. Angel fans will say Spike was a pathetic useless pig who did nothing and deserved to get his ass kicked every single episode, Spike fans will say Angel was a whiny crybaby who complained about everything and criticize him for being a womanizer when he was human. Nobody will ever settle on anything with this. And frankly, it's a waste of time to try.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
jean-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird811 View Post
*smacks you* You know I was talking about s5. Evil man.
No, seriously I din't know. I ain't evil. I'm a lovely person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbird811 View Post
We'll all have our opinions. Angel fans will say Spike was a pathetic useless pig who did nothing and deserved to get his ass kicked every single episode, Spike fans will say Angel was a whiny crybaby who complained about everything and criticize him for being a womanizer when he was human. Nobody will ever settle on anything with this. And frankly, it's a waste of time to try.
I don't think Spike was a pathetic, useless pig but I don't understand why, when there were better characters, that over 50% of fans have him as favourite. Like I said, not as interesting as others. Plus, he gives a poor representation of the British, we the greatest people on earth.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #18
SlytherinAngelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
I am partially in agreement with LK. Season 5 was much worse than 4. When you watch 4 again knowing why things happened it isn't as bad. IN 5 though the characters were unrecognisable, except in YW.

I also don't understand the Spike craze. He was good but not as good as others. He was not as good as Angel, Wes or Cordy for story or development. And imo he wasn't that funny. And bigbird i don't have to give him credit. He didn't save Buffy. The fans watching him did. If not for those fans, BTVS would have died after Angel and cordy left. Unlike btvs, ats didn't need him.

I do think he is unfairly favoured however and this new series worries me. Is Joss planning to make Spike the new Main man?
Because he's Spike... duh, Spike is the best. Sorry, if I'm like all Spike-craze; but I partially fall into the category that watched BTVS for Spike. When I become a watcher for a show, I just stick to it, no matter how sucky it gets. I just feel the heroic need to stand by my show, you know, through good and the bad. To me, the last seasons of BTVS weren't THAT back. Better than the Jasmine arc. Charmed's seasons, however... that show became way too terrible toward the end to watch. But everyone is entitled to their opinions.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #19
jean-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinAngelic View Post
Because he's Spike... duh, Spike is the best. Sorry, if I'm like all Spike-craze; but I partially fall into the category that watched BTVS for Spike. When I become a watcher for a show, I just stick to it, no matter how sucky it gets. I just feel the heroic need to stand by my show, you know, through good and the bad. To me, the last seasons of BTVS weren't THAT back. Better than the Jasmine arc. Charmed's seasons, however... that show became way too terrible toward the end to watch. But everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Alright then, maybe you, as a Spike fan, can explain what the craze is. Why do so many love him above all others?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #20
SlytherinAngelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic View Post
Alright then, maybe you, as a Spike fan, can explain what the craze is. Why do so many love him above all others?
I slightly realised that I'm replying to this almost two years later; but I'm still a fan of Spike, so I guess I can still answer the question. He was just one of those charactes that you either enjoyed immensely or was annoyed by. His humor appealed to me, made me laugh. I, personally, thought he was funny. But that's just my opinion. I liked the fact that although he was a vampire, he wasn't totally clueless to the decade around him, he could state and quote pop culture references. He provided the light when everything around him was dramatic and stuffy. He made fun of the others and usually I agreed with him.

That... or I really love blondes.
SlytherinAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #21
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Spike's popularity isn't really a big shocker. Spike has grown on me over the years, but even back when he didn't interest me much, I always got his appeal. He was tailor-made to appeal to fans who like "bad boys"...and there's no denying there are a lot of those fans out there. And I could name plenty of shows where characters like Spike are extremely popular for the same reasons.