Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
Si_Crazy
Cr@zY

Wink Buffy Between The Lines

Buffy Between the Lines, the critically acclaimed, fan audio drama returns with Season 2!

Set between Buffy the Vampire Slayer seasons 2 and 3, Buffy Between the Lines will bring our old friends back together and have a few surprises along the way.

Subscribe via iTunes. or visit our website!

I don't know if promoting this is against the rules... If it is, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to step in anybody's toes
Charisma's Bitch #100|Spikeaholics #100|TeamCordy™ #1100|Angelus Whore #100|Hangin' Maniac #100
Go Crazy! Buffy Between the Lines
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
I Heart Dirt
Fluorescent Adolescent

What is this? And why is there no Cordelia character in the cast?

http://www.grrlinformme.blogspot.com
I Heart Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Funny, EVERYONE(including Tara, and Anya) is represented EXCEPT Cordelia. I mean it takes place between Seasons 2 and 3. Not to be nitpicky, but she should be represented. After all, she was a part of the cast back then. Um, yeah. No thanks. I'll pass. Sorry. This has nothing to do with you, si_crazy You're still my lovely lj friend!

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community

Last edited by nikkiwawa; 08-11-2008 at 02:45 PM.
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
Livvie
nutcase

I hope that nobody sees this as an attack but I would like to give a negative opinion of this since its out there. I'm one of the people out there that doesn't think this fan project is the hottest thing since sliced bread. And hopefully my opinions on it will stay within the ST community because I am not looking for trouble.

I was approached by the producer to write for and voice Cordelia. I turned her down. Now, for those that know me, know that I support just about anything with Cordelia, especially new projects should know that my refusal speaks volumes.

I saw an early draft of the only Cordelia-centric script for the second season. In it, Cordelia's father is arrested in Mexico by IRS tax agents (I know, trust me, I said something). Because her parents are now in jail, Cordelia is forced to work as a hotel maid until Spike and Dru show up. I couldn't read much past that point since the Cordelia-centered episode ceased being that. Now this fan project is supposed to take place between seasons and follow very closely with canon. I'm sure you can see the problems right off the bat with the only episode that focuses on Cordelia.

Now I hope that they fixed that but I don't know. And hopefully it won't get out that I saw an early version of a script because the producer takes an almost cult like approach to keeping everything clouded under secrecy. I don't want this person who showed me it to get into trouble because they were a leak.

As a side note, the producer (who maps out all the storylines) claims that she ships everyone but she is constantly talking about her "Bangel heart". Take that as you will.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
DamnSkippy

Thanks, Livvie, for that backstage look at the Cordy problem. I, too, don't want anyone to think I'm attacking - especially si_crazy since she's lovely! I was curious why Cordy wasn't included in the first year's podcast but I see that it was set between seasons 5 and 6. But how did Angel get in there since that was the summer Buffy died and Angel went on his 3-month retreat? I'm guessing they didn't stick strictly to the summer since they have a "Buffy Bot/Buffy" actress. They probably went into S6 and Buffy coming back and then Angel visiting so they could get at least one good B/A scene.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Livvie
nutcase

I should totally clarify that I wasn't trying to attack anyone, I was just giving a review so to speak. Si_Crazy and really everyone here at ST are the most amazing group of people I have ever met.

I just thought I would give some of my knowledge of the project since I know a lot of people involved, including the producer. I've seen a script, heard all kinds of behind the scenes sort of things. I'm just a critic, no more, no less.

Nikki reminded me too. They are doing an Angel Between the Lines that will take place between S3 and S4. Now, I don't know how other CAers feel but Angel's fantasy of the family dinner, with him kissing Cordy, is (to me) a huge moment for CA. He could have been thinking about anyone but he was thinking of kissing Cordy. I am dreading to find out what the storylines for this project will be to be honest. I assume that even with Angel Between The Lines, the Scoobies will come down to help out Gunn, Fred, and Connor.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Si_Crazy
Cr@zY

Just to let everybody at ease, I don't feel attacked...
Everybody is entitled to have an opinion... I just posted the ad here, in case anyoner around feel like checking it out.
And in the first season Cordelia only makes appearance in one ep, since the plot is between Season 5 and 6 of Buffy.
Charisma's Bitch #100|Spikeaholics #100|TeamCordy™ #1100|Angelus Whore #100|Hangin' Maniac #100
Go Crazy! Buffy Between the Lines
Si_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

Agree with Deb and Livvie. It's supposed to be between the lines(between seasons), so it still has to remain in canon, I think. I agree the Deep Down scene was pretty big for CA. After all that time down there, he still had feelings for Cordy. I don't know how they will work around or try to avoid CA in Angel Between the Lines for the sake of BA. I don't get it. The scoobies don't need to be in LA. Angel had his team/family. He didn't need the Scoobies.

I'm glad you don't feel attacked!

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote