Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party! > TV Class Reunion!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
brahmsviolin

Christian Kane in Leverage

I checked here to see if anyone had some comments, but I don't see a listing. I've been seeing ads for it and it looks like fun, if not terribly original. Any thoughts?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103987/
Team Cordy #172
brahmsviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I saw the pilot a couple of months ago and thought it was really well done.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #3
starlet2367
glitterati

It's on my must-see list for this winter, for sure. I love the "1970s-style heist" premise -- and the fact that Timothy Hutton is the lead only adds to the thrill.
starlet2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

I love Timothy Hutton and will probably watch it. I really enjoyed Hero Wolf it's a pity that show was taken off the air.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
Livvie
nutcase

I saw the pilot a few months back too and all I have to say is that this the only new show of the season that I put on my MUST WATCH IT NEVER MISS IT list. It was so great. Funny and well acted. It was like Ocean's Eleven (the remake) almost. It was just a great way to spend an hour.

I can't wait for December!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
tojoson

Don't forget,
'Leverage' is on this Sunday the 7th at 10.00 P.M. on TNT,
right after the latest edition of 'The Librarian'.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Freakface
Who's Your Daddy?!

Christian is doing a promo push and visited Philadelphia today. He appeared at my favorite morning show Preston & Steve on WMMR. The radio show is on location at a food drive where Christian visited. Here is the interview clip, including his experiences on "Angel", his role on "Leverage", his leg injury filming a movie, and a few friendly jabs at David.

http://rapidshare.com/files/17035511...2008-12-04.mp3

Enjoy!!!!

I have looked at the darkness of the world, and all I see is the light of humanity - Unknown

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Freakface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #8
DamnSkippy

Thanks for the audio file. That was fun except for the part at about 6:05 when one of the radio guys says:

"At least you didn't get pregnant. And they didn't have to film around that."

Ya know guys. STFU about stuff you know nothing about. I wish CK would have had something to say back to them about it, but he just laughed it off. Maybe he didn't even get the reference since he wasn't on Angel at the time, but it would have been so nice if he had put them in their place.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
samsmom

Are you kidding me??

I mean, seriously, are you fucking kidding me?

That's still funny, huh?

Fuckers.

Does anyone still give the X-Files cast and crew crap because GA got pregnant at the end of the first season? Think Chris Carter grouses about having to redo the next season? How about the cast and crew of Xena? Think they're still marveling at having to stretch their imaginations to accommodate their leading lady??

Mother. Fuckers.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
DamnSkippy

LMAO, Sam! I thought I was indignant, but I bow down to you. Now if we could just get you in a room with these guys (and the ME crew), we might finally get some satisfaction.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
samsmom

I just boggles my mind that so many grown ups with so-called common sense can buy into ME's whining about Charisma's oh so inconvenient pregnancy. She isn't the first working actress to get pregnant, she wasn't the last. It happens on soaps all the time and hey, life (and the show) goes on for those guys.

It's only because she had the unfortunate experience of working for the most sexist bunch of ego-driven dickheads ever in the creation of mankind that she's still having to put up with the rep for taking AtS down with bad storylines.

Whatever.

Deb, put me in a room with them and there would be blood on the walls.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
Shadow4Corangela
owner of a lonely heart

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! They're blaming CHARISMA for the fall of Angel?!! Fucking A.

Wow, I'm just in utter shock and disgust with not only the ME crew but these guys as well.

In my opinion, Samsmom those words you used were too kind. Still, I bow down to you.

Dean Winchester: I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it! ~Supernatural

Cordelia: I like 'David'. It's such a strong, masculine name. [pause] It just feels good in your mouth. ~ Angel
Shadow4Corangela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #13
nikkiwawa
wikked lil' grrrl

This is a disappointment, for me. WMMR is my fave station and I actually *liked* Preston and Steven. Yeah, I don't like P&S anymore for making such a snide remark about CC. You call this a "fun" interview? I can't hear the audio at the moment(at work), but from the comments here, I'm not sure I want to bother. Although, I'd really like to hear the actual interview with CK. Unbelievable. Why is a pregnant actress seen as fucking burden? It's not hard to film from the bump up. Seriously. This subject is still an open wound.

Amen, sam!! It pisses me off that some blame CC for the crappy storylines. It wasn't her fault, at all! If we all remember Angel FAILED bc she was no longer there. They were just not creative enough to write a kick ass season around her pregnancy. To this day, I believe if Greenwalt was still a part of the crew for season 4 and 5, CC wouldn't have been treated like shit by ME.

Cordy/Angel Graphics (A lovely LJ community devoted to Cordy/Angel. Share icons, graphics, etc.)

This Is My Life

My LJ Icon Community

Last edited by nikkiwawa; 12-06-2008 at 03:17 PM.
nikkiwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #14
LordKain
Devil Hunter

For gods sake's people it was one comment and besides what makes any of you think it was directed at CC?

I mean there are a ton of other actresses there whom have gotten pregnant on while filming other shows not just Charisma.
LordKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
Kit

I think you're missing the point.

Even if its not directed at other actresses, it is still sexist and insensitive.

"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson

Last edited by Kit; 12-07-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Kit is offline   Reply With Quote