Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > TV Party!
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #151
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!
 
Morrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Garden State
Posts: 9,854
I didn't like --->the time jump, while I get it makes up for some of the stupidity last season I hated that we have no idea why Rick and Carl now hate Lori and they introduced a brand new character at the every end of S2 finale and I still know nothing about her...other than she's good with a sword.<----

Other than that I thought it was a good premier, there are some things I enjoyed. I liked how the group seems more cohesive and the growing friendship between Rick/Daryl and Daryl/Carol..frankly anything with Daryl is good
__________________
ME: Farking up all your good memories one character at a time ~ Prima
Morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #152
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,873
Damn...
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #153
DamnSkippy
 
DamnSkippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 4,892
I can't say I'm all that upset about Lori. She didn't do much for me. But T-Dog...waaahhhh. And IF Carol is dead, I'll be sad. I was kinda shipping Carol/Daryl. But even though they found her scarf, wasn't that T-Dog's body on the floor. Couldn't they tell by the size of it and clothes that it wasn't Carol?
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #154
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,873
Not so much losing Lori, but Carl... And Rick's reaction to both losing Lori and what Carl had to do... And Maggie all through the thing... The whole thing was just so...

Apparently I loves me some ellipses...

I think they realize it was T, but assume Carol is now a walker. I'm curious to see which way they're going to go with Carol as long as they don't drag it out all season the way they did with Sophie.
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #155
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
This whole season has just been so good! It's hard to believe we're only 4 episodes into the season.

I didn't hate Lori the way the rest of the internets did, so I felt pretty badly about her death. And the way she died was pretty horrific.

I wish we'd known T-Dogg better, but at least he went out a hero. As far as Carole goes, I really dislike her, so I hope she's a zombie now, but I suspect not.
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #156
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
This whole season has just been so good! It's hard to believe we're only 4 episodes into the season.
Hey! Long time no read.

Yeah, it's been a barn burner of a season so far. It'd be hard not to improve on last season's sleepiness, but even so. Really enjoying it, even Andrea's sudden starry-eyed loss of common sense.
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #157
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Hey! Long time no read.
I'm still here. I lurk.

Quote:
Yeah, it's been a barn burner of a season so far. It'd be hard not to improve on last season's sleepiness, but even so. Really enjoying it, even Andrea's sudden starry-eyed loss of common sense.
I didn't mind last season as much as others did. I found Shane's slow devolution fascinating - kudos to Jon Bernthal, because I despised Shane as a character but JB still made him so interesting to watch. And I continue to really like Andrew Lincoln as Rick. I'm even somewhat sympathetic to Andrea's reaction to Woodbury. We have far more information than she does, and it's only been, like, a couple of days. Plus, I think David Morrissey is playing the Governor as someone who is undeniably magnetic. I would, however, like to see something from Michonne other than glaring and scowling, but hopefully that will happen soon!
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #158
Belle Melange
icon by Clln
 
Belle Melange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ciudad de Los Angeles
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Really enjoying it, even Andrea's sudden starry-eyed loss of common sense.
Why does she not listen to Michonne though? They've been on the road together for several months and the woman obviously knows what she's talking about.
__________________
My livejournal

Leyla ~ Team Cordy™ #10


"Better to write for yourself and have no public,
than to write for the public and have no self" ~Cyril Connolly
Belle Melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #159
DamnSkippy
 
DamnSkippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Akron, OH
Posts: 4,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Melange View Post
Why does she not listen to Michonne though? They've been on the road together for several months and the woman obviously knows what she's talking about.
I think she knows Michonne has been on her own so long that she's become hard and untrusting of everyone. And while she does trust her, she trusts her own eyes and desires a little more. Andrea isn't the loner that Michonne is. She was very hurt that her "family" left her and she still wants a safe place to settle. But she doesn't dismiss Michonne's instincts. She does ask questions and does try to find out if things are wonky like Michonne thinks. But I think her own desires are stronger and she's overlooking some obvious hints because there's still a part of her that still wants to believe
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #160
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
I would, however, like to see something from Michonne other than glaring and scowling, but hopefully that will happen soon!
Well, there was a smile last night.
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #161
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Well, there was a smile last night.
A grudging smile, perhaps.

Was it wrong that I found Crazy!Rick! kind of crazy hot?
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #162
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
A grudging smile, perhaps.
She looked pretty ungrudgingly happy after killing the walkers they had penned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Was it wrong that I found Crazy!Rick! kind of crazy hot?
Only you can answer that question.
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #163
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
She looked pretty ungrudgingly happy after killing the walkers they had penned up.
Well, she had her sword back, it was a sunshiny day, and she got to slice and dice some of the undead - who wouldn't be happy in that scenario?



Quote:
Only you can answer that question.
But I don't trust my own judgment AT ALL.
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #164
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.
 
SamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: From the end of the world to your town
Posts: 4,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
Well, she had her sword back, it was a sunshiny day, and she got to slice and dice some of the undead - who wouldn't be happy in that scenario?
True; it's always life's little pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
But I don't trust my own judgment AT ALL.
Okay, well, unless you mean Rick post-shower, then you're wrong. Otherwise, I can't help you. I'm too busy being over here drawing hearts with katanas going through them and writing 'Terry & Michonne 4EVAH!!!!!' inside.
__________________
Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!
-- Rooster Cogburn
SamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #165
Platypus
The Pointy End
 
Platypus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Cordyverse
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
I'm too busy being over here drawing hearts with katanas going through them and writing 'Terry & Michonne 4EVAH!!!!!' inside.
Hee! This week's end scene was awesome, with Rick staring in disbelief at Michonne through the prison fence. And it looks like she remembered the baby formula!

I'm so worried for Glenn and Maggie though - I know Merle has a big fan base, but I've never seen the big deal with his character and I'm not looking forward to seeing him mistreat those two. On any other show it wouldn't be a big deal, but with this one they don't pull punches and really might have something awful happen to just about any character, I think.
__________________
Homer Simpson: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tru Calling-Dead Like Me tojoson TV Class Reunion! 0 07-02-2007 01:25 PM
Not Dead Yet brownsbros3 Charisma Carpenter 7 06-02-2004 08:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

Link to Us

The Stranger Things Network | Nothing Fancy: The Official ST Fanfic Archive | Volition: The A/C Angst List Archive | Hate the Hate @ dusk-til-dawn | Join Team Cordy! | The Charisma Carpenter Project




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.