Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > Charisma Carpenter
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #61
SeattleStorm

Quote:
I kinda like it too. It's like Angel knowing way more about her than he should given the limited amount of episodes where they shared scenes.
Exactly, samsmom. Do you remember the scene in "Rm w/a Vu," when Doyle asks Angel who Aura is (Cordelia had just ignored her phone call). And Angel goes on to explain that she was one of the Cordettes, the group that followed Cordelia around. My favorite quote from him on this topic is that they were like "the soviet police, if they cared a lot about shoes." Then he goes on to tell Doyle how Cordelia was top of the chain, until her parents lost it all.

I know that Angel was a stalker, and loved to lurk, but this proves that also he spent a lot of time studying Cordelia back in Sunnydale.
SeattleStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:15 PM   #62
Bryan

Smile Supernatural Interview

"Having tenure on two, count `em, two Joss Whedon series, Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel, Charisma Carpenter and her Whedonized alter-ego Cordelia Chase are bonafide geekdom royalty. That said, having Charisma alone guest on a current heavyweight fantasy/horror franchise like Supernatural would enough to overload fans' anticipation cortexes, but having her appear alongside fellow Whedoneverse alum James Marsters ("Spike" from Buffy The Vampire Slayer) already has minds blowing before that very episode, "Shut Up, Dr. Phil", has aired. It is, in Ms. Carpenter's own words to me, "Every Supernatural fan’s wet dream.""

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/thecw/s...natural/100055
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #63
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

I've never watched Supernatural before, but I did it just to see CC and JM together. I liked the JM twist. I also got a chuckle at one of the jokes for Jared's fake name.

But since I don't normally watch the show, is Jensen's voice usually that gruff? It sounded to me like he was trying to act gruff versus actually having a gruff voice, which is different. In other words, it seemed like a weird acting choice. I've seen him in other things, and I don't remember his voice being that deep.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #64
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Dean's voice is like that, has been since S2 at least, possibly S1. There's actually a joke that Jared, Jensen and Misha tell about it. Misha's Castiel voice is even worse, I think they're all going to end up with throat problems when they get older.

Great episode, CC looked really, good as did JM but did he always have the weird chin thing going on?
Old 10-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #65
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

I enjoyed the episode quite a lot. I now want fic in which someone from BtVS and/or Angel meets Maggie and Don. If only someone would write such a thing. (Hint, hint.)
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #66
Gabriella
Until we bleed...

I love that Dean sucked up to Maggie, lol! Would have loved more CC interaction with the boys, in particular Jensen, not to mention just more Charisma in general but the episode was still a lot of fun and well done.

I'm also thrilled we finally got to see Dean having a nightmare about Castiel, even if it was for all of 3 seconds. I miss my angel

A passionate 'ship is always about the person you want to BE hooking up with the person you want to SCREW - samluvharrison

Charisma's Bitch #186~Team Cordy #186~Gutter Gal #186

She acts like summer and walks like rain
Gabriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #67
Bryan

Another article

'Supernatural': Charisma Carpenter on her reunion with fellow 'Buffy' alum James Marsters

"Tonight’s episode of Supernatural will feature a fandom clash of epic proportions as Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel alums Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters hit the small screen as a husband and wife witch team in an episode titled “Shut Up, Dr. Phil.” For Carpenter, who hadn’t shared a scene with Marsters since their days on the WB, it was an on-set reunion worth waiting for."

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/21/su...ames-marsters/
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #68
tojoson

I really liked this episode. I love to see CC being snarky. The part where she and JM were arguing about their past indiscretions was great, and I think it was fantastic that she didn't die in the end.

The last couple of articles I read mentioned return engagements, whether one-off, recurring, of (OMG) a spin off, but I think that's mostly the author's and fan wishes, there's not been anything official mentioned, but if it ever came about, I would watch, especially a spin off.

Can't you just imagine them arguing about their past like they did in the show, but now they could have flashbacks.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #69
DamnSkippy

I know the show is Supernatural and all about teh boyz, but I really needed more CC and more CC/JM scenes. I found myself pretty bored by the brothers. I guess Dean angst doesn't do it for me. For me, CC/JM was what made the episode worth watching and I do hope they come back again. I doubt they'd be recurring, but I can see more than another ep for the pair.

Hate to say it, but I could have done without the kiss at the end. It seemed pretty awkward for a pair that's been together for hundreds of years.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #70
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnSkippy View Post
I know the show is Supernatural and all about teh boyz, but I really needed more CC and more CC/JM scenes. I found myself pretty bored by the brothers. I guess Dean angst doesn't do it for me. For me, CC/JM was what made the episode worth watching and I do hope they come back again. I doubt they'd be recurring, but I can see more than another ep for the pair.
If I were someone who had just watched this ep for CC and JM, I suppose I could see not being as interested in the Sam and Dean stuff. But, since I do love the boys, I was interested in their parts. And I would've enjoyed this episode even if there were two unknown actors playing Maggie and Don. Of course, CC and JM playing them made it all the better.

I must say, I really liked JM as Don. He was so quiet, and understated and...un-Spike-like. Not that I don't like Spike, but JM nailed the whole, "serious businessman" thing.

And my favorite line of the night was probably CC's, "You're so cute when you try to tell me what to do."
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #71
aikakone

Meanwhile, I have a feeling I missed something. Oh, it was nice enough, but it wasn't great. I didn't think it was as funny as some people seem to think it was. I won't be back to watch more episodes any time soon unless there's a unique guest (JM or CC coming back, for example).

I guess I go on about accents and voices, but was that the sound of JM's real voice? It sounded like he was attempting and failing a southern accent, not just southern Indiana.

My laugh was Jared being Agent (or was it Officer) Sambora. I was expecting Jensen's character (no, I don't know remember which is which) to have some corresponding name. If he had an alias, I never heard the name.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #72
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone View Post
Meanwhile, I have a feeling I missed something. Oh, it was nice enough, but it wasn't great. I didn't think it was as funny as some people seem to think it was.
Then you're missing out. While I found the episode enjoyable, it was hardly the best SPN episode ever, or even the funniest. SPN has done some truly hilarious episodes. By comparison, this one qualifies as amusing.

Quote:
I guess I go on about accents and voices, but was that the sound of JM's real voice? It sounded like he was attempting and failing a southern accent, not just southern Indiana.
Actually, Jensen is from the South, and many fans have made a game of catching when his accent slips through.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #73
aikakone

I was writing about James with that remark.
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
Old 10-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #74
Dannyblue
a.k.a. Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikakone View Post
I was writing about James with that remark.
Ah, got it. I guess I was still stuck on comments about whether or not Jensen's voice is that gruff in real life.

As for JM, I think he spent so much time speaking with an accent whenever the camera rolled that he had a hard time not doing it post-BtVS/AtS, something I've seen happen with other actors. I remember when he first started on Smallville, he sounded like a Brit trying to speak with an American accent and not pulling it off. Some people were actually shocked when they found out he was, in fact, American.

I actually thought of this during my second viewing of the episode because of the way he pronounced certain words. It's possible playing Spike for so long that it had a long-term effect on the way he talks.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #75
SamIAm
It's all about Cordy.

I just got to see this. Sorry, but it needed more Charisma. Odd ending too really, unless y'all had seen that whatever-it-was who attacked the boys at the hotel before.

And for the record, neither Maggie's Porsche or Don's Mercedes was as cool as the Metallicar.