Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
aikakone
SpunkyMisunderstoodGenius

Question Giles' accent

I know the accent ASH used for Giles isn't his own accent, but is it modeled after a real regional or TV-type accent?

I was watching a Clive Owen DVD yesterday (Second Sight) and a character started speaking that was a sound-alike to ASH's Giles. I just had to know where the accent is "from".
Wesley Brigadier #9
Team Cordy #245
What do you call a bunch of militant CC fans? A Charis-militia!
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
jean-vic

Well the accent is british. I'm kidding. You will find that accent is mostly used in the south of england where you find the middle to upper classes in the majority. Spike's acent is also southern but working class cockney. Those who carry the Giles accent in england are affectionately known as snobs by us up north, who speak in a very primal dialect that consists of grunts and gutteral moans.

Any help?