Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
jean-vic

Do the cast of Ats keep in touch?

I've always wondered this because we never see them together off set. It would be nice if they did as one of the directors said they were all very good, close friends. Does anyone know?

I would have said DB and CC would have had the most chance of keeping in touch because they worked together for 8 years which is more than any other two characters on either show. The only ones coming close being SMG, AH and NB with seven years. Again though, we never see them together outside of the show which is weird seing as they both live in LA.

Last edited by jean-vic; 08-13-2006 at 07:23 PM.
jean-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #2
DamnSkippy

I don't know. The only thing I do know is that in a recent interview DB was asked if he stayed in touch with the Angel cast and his response was something like "No, that's done." That and the fact that he's always stressed that work was work and he didn't mix work with home makes me think he really doesn't. But, then, there are alot of pics of him socializing with ED from "Bones," so maybe his work/home don't mix attitude has since changed.
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-vic
I would have said DB and CC would have had the most chance of keeping in touch because they worked together for 8 years which is more than any other two characters on either show.
You know, I just don't think so. I seem to remember reading that six months (or so) after CC 'left' after season four DB said he hadn't had time to talk to her about it.

Strangers, correct me if I am wrong on this one.
rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
jerry

Ultimately, BtVS and AtS were workplaces like any other. I rarely see people I used to work with two or three years ago, so it doesn't surprise me that the BtVS/AtS actors also don't see each other much. It doesn't mean they dislike each other, it's just how the world works.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #5
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry
Ultimately, BtVS and AtS were workplaces like any other. I rarely see people I used to work with two or three years ago, so it doesn't surprise me that the BtVS/AtS actors also don't see each other much. It doesn't mean they dislike each other, it's just how the world works.
You know it's funny. I guess I'm spoiled at my company (granted I've been here for 9 years) but I still keep in touch with people I used to work with, some not all, but I'm still close to the ones that were in "my group".

I always thought that's the way all work places were...guess I'm just an oddity
Old 08-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #6
jerry

I've been in my job longer than just about anyone (17 years). I generally keep in touch with people for a while when they leave, but generally, they drift away before too long.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry
I've been in my job longer than just about anyone (17 years). I generally keep in touch with people for a while when they leave, but generally, they drift away before too long.
I hear ya. I think what makes it easier to keep in touch (for me) is that my company keeps hiring former employees back so it's like a revolving door. Plus Telecom seems to be a rather small group, it's practically like 6 degrees of seperation in this industry.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 AM   #8
Bert
The Evil Potato Chip

Would it be facetious to say that Alexis Denisof probably 'keeps in touch' with Alyson Hannigan?

At Weekends My Name Is Ernie
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:04 AM   #9
Clarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainy
You know, I just don't think so. I seem to remember reading that six months (or so) after CC 'left' after season four DB said he hadn't had time to talk to her about it.

Strangers, correct me if I am wrong on this one.
I read it too
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:08 AM   #10
wereleopard

Well i was at an Angel event and Vincent, J August and Amy Acker were talking about playing poker at her place. So i think to a point they do.

lea
wereleopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
v120176

Well, CC keep in touch with AH and Nick B. (as she said on an interview they send mails/text messages). Hallett and Acker keept in touch too. From a comment of Vincent K. about CC shooting her pilot on a convention, I don't know if they keep in touch but at least he knew what was she doing....
As far a DB, well, there are pictures of the ATS cast or even CC and DB at the set and even off it (Valentine premiere, for example). I even remember DB talking about CC and how she was the best female partner he had because she didn't care how she looked on camera, she just gave the best of her (and SMG, the Valentine cast and other actreses didn't get any mention and was not a question related to Charisma but to the series and he only mentioned her, not the others).

He has a lot of pictures with ED, yes, but they are from events when they went together as the "Bones' actors" and always in the same pose (the dancing thing). So it's not like besides those Fox or TV red carpet events you could see them (or the cast of Bones) together.
And there's another thing, DB found himself for the first time with a show depending ONLY on him. We can say things about Joss or say the merit of the first seasons were Greenwalt's, but, it was not like DB was the only thing to see during the first half of the season of ATS, like happened with Bones. More, probably DB was the weak link there.... The books were good, the direction of the show was clear, the structure of the characters and their development was clear and followed a line, the crew's job was well done... it was not the same with Bones, so DB had to go to every show and talk about their co-stars, the book, etc and even have rehearsals with the rest of the cast, using an acting coach on week-ends, and they still keep doing this now...
I don't see DB saying to an actor like Denisof or even CC "hey let's get some acting coach together to try to make look better the banter between us" because it was not necesary and, as I said, if one of the members of ATS cast needed acting lessons at that time was him.... not CC or AD or Quinn.
My point, Bones without DB wouldn't have survived.... ATS, with ONLY DB (and no CC, AD or AQ) neither. There are two very different situations. And the cast of Bones expend more time together, almost for necesity. And also, DB is the favorite of Hanson in Bones, and the writers constantly heard him and taking his ideas.... It's like there are way more of DB in Bones than in Angel

Last edited by v120176; 08-14-2006 at 02:33 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #12
Helena
Paolo Maldini

Wasnīt ED invited to Jamies 30th birthday party?! I think I saw some pictures.
I can be wrong.
Charisma's bitch #378,Team Cordy ?

"It was great to have her back," says David, breaking into a rare smile.
"The show started with Cordy and Angel and itīs been hard not having
Charisma on set this season. We missed her presence, her energy."
(Cult Times #105, 2004)
Helena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #13
v120176

I don't remember..... maybe. Now I think I read somewhere that Jessica Capshaw (The Practice) was going to be on Bones by request of David (she's doing it because he is her friend). Also he's best pals with Lindsey (sorry I forgot the name of the actor) and, except at some conference, you don't have pictures of him together, not even at premieres.
DB is mostly a "work is work and home is home" He seemed getting along great with CC, AD, Ah and the rest. And now he says he doesn't get contact. The same with others. Probably will happen the same with Bones cast.... It's the way he is.
I didn't mind his comment. Also, don't forget that he's sick and tired of talking about Angel, because let's face it even when the interview him for Bones every two question they made, one is about ATS... In that aspect, I think CC got the best situation: there's no way Cordy is going to come back, so no Buffy-Angel movie speculation like happens with the others

Last edited by v120176; 08-14-2006 at 02:45 PM.
v120176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #14
jean-vic

Well I think he is quite silly to not keep in touch with CC. From what I have seen and heard, she is a lovely woman. Very kind and crign and I would love to have a friend like her. She seems like a friend who could cheer you up with that beautiful smile of hers. Well his loss. You should be grateful for friends and should try to hold onto them for as long as you can. Especially people like the cast of Ats and Btvs (excluding SMG).
jean-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #15
DamnSkippy

V, what I was talking about were "social" occasions like Jaime's birthday party and Jadon's birthday party. I do know for a fact that ED was at both occasions. I also think there have been mentions of other social events that one or the other was invited to but I can't remember precisely. I wasn't referring to the promotional pictures of them dancing, etc. I know those are merely functions for promoting "Bones."
DamnSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote