Register Control Panel Search FAQ/Help/Guide Memberlist Forum Calendar The Stranger Things Store Home Stranger Things Home

Go Back   Stranger Things Forum > Main > The Cordyverse
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Garet Jax99

*Spoilers* Bryan Lynch says yes to Cordy in comics!!

According to this http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=124013 Cordy will be in the new comics series Angel: After The Fall. Here's what he said.

Quote:
Cordy will have a very important role to play in After The Fall. She is on a different road, she said so herself. And sometimes, roads cross more than once. She is in it, in what way I cannot, and will not say. But she is there, and Angel will surely know it.
Garet Jax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
Darla
I'm just visiting...

Oooooh, that sounds good. I'm not into comics - but that might be reason enough to start reading them.
Darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
jerry

That's encouraging. I don't really think she ought to be brought back to life, but the way she died makes it pretty easy to continue using her even though she's dead.
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #4
Livvie
nutcase

Not sure what the link has to do with the quote. I got directed to an X-Men discussion.

But anyway, back on topic. I am still being REALLY cautious. Considering the preview pages have been about one female and one female only (Fred), I am not sure that even if Cordy came back, there would be any connection between her and Angel. This is based on the preview pages, of course.

And Lynch was rather...well, let's just say on the IDW forums, the way he responded a few months ago, I thought the possibility of Cordelia was snowball chance in hell.

Does anyone have a working link to confirm the quote? Maybe from his MySpace or the IDW forums?
Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 PM   #5
samsmom

I think I'll approach this with a lot of caution myself. Being a Cordelia fan, a C/A shipper, it's the best way to do it.
samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
MelBelle

Yea me too, this is actually the only site that I've heard that info on. I went on others to ask the question and no one has even heard of that. so...I'm staying cautious until I know for sure, Cause Cordy, if she comes back! I'm so reading those comics.

Angel: "I don't wanna research, alright? I wanna jump through the big swirly hole thingy and save Cordelia!"
Angel: "I just got her back."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cordy: "I'm in love with you Angel. Deep down I think I have been for a long time. I needed you to know that."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cordy: "And that's the guy I fell in— Do you ever wonder... Do you ever think about if we'd met up that night and had a chance to—"
Angel: "All the time."
MelBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
LisaMarie514
Lurking...who me?

Caution is of course key with our friend Joss...but I subscribe to the comics and the first two have been really really good so far. It almost feels like season one Angel. We have seen all of the girls thus far, except Cordelia.

**Spoiler alert Nina is a crazed werewolf, not interested in Angel, but rather snacking on raw flesh, and we have seen Gwen, electric as ever. The final scene of book 2 brought Illyria back into the picture, so we will have to see where that goes. LA has been sucked into hell, so it is possible the PTB's might send a fallen soldier back to help Angel. **

It is a good read so far, and I am interested to see how season six plays out.

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping... ...waiting... And though unwanted... ...unbidden... it will stir...open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" Angelus - Passion BTVS S2

LM's Ramblings
LisaMarie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:02 PM   #8
Gcstar501
This IS What WE Need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie514 View Post
Caution is of course key with our friend Joss...but I subscribe to the comics and the first two have been really really good so far. It almost feels like season one Angel. We have seen all of the girls thus far, except Cordelia.

**Spoiler alert Nina is a crazed werewolf, not interested in Angel, but rather snacking on raw flesh, and we have seen Gwen, electric as ever. The final scene of book 2 brought Illyria back into the picture, so we will have to see where that goes. LA has been sucked into hell, so it is possible the PTB's might send a fallen soldier back to help Angel. **

It is a good read so far, and I am interested to see how season six plays out.

Oh boy I am getting a little excited. Who had said this?

Angel: You all right?
Cordelia: Yeah, we've got to move.
Angel: You think they're not dead?
Cordelia: You just looked really hot doing that.
**Waiting in The Wings**

-Giselle
Gcstar501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #9
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

If anyone knows a link to this supposed Brian Lynch interview, I'd surely like to see it. I noticed the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordelia_Chase entry for Cordy actually refers to it, stating, "In an interview, Brian Lynch said that Cordelia may appear in Angel: After the Fall, although she is dead. Brian Lynch is still to ask Joss Whedon."

I've done a little research, and can't find anything on this. Any help would be great.
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
Clarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathan View Post
"In an interview, Brian Lynch said that Cordelia may appear in Angel: After the Fall, although she is dead. Brian Lynch is still to ask Joss Whedon."
If it's right and he have to ask I don't know how much I can hope. ç__ç
Clarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:17 AM   #11
nodakskip

To be honest I dont think I want Cordy in the comics. They have already screwed everyone over yet again. Wes is back from his sort of hero death still working for Evil, and Gunn has become what he hates and fought the most.

Plus have you seen the art for Connors group in the book? Its supposed to be Connor, Harmony and Nina (angels after Cordy girlfriend) and I have to say that books made in the 70s have better art.

Cordy coming back will just have more of the same joss angst crap that we got with Buffy/Angel. Angel will be brooding for a bit, then go kill a demon and somehow be the hero even know his great plan to kill the black thorn caused a few million people in the city of LA to be sent to Hell.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #12
Penny Century
Rich girl, superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodakskip View Post
Plus have you seen the art for Connors group in the book? Its supposed to be Connor, Harmony and Nina (angels after Cordy girlfriend)...
Okay, I have to ask: Is there ANY built-in readership for a storyline featuring this crew? Any at ALL.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #13
Dathan
Buttkicking for goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Century View Post
Okay, I have to ask: Is there ANY built-in readership for a storyline featuring this crew? Any at ALL.
I couldn't answer that, but I will say that every posting board I can find regarding this comic is pretty much 90% Spike posts/questions/comments. So yes, the comic is popular and selling like hotcakes. On the plus side, and since this is a spoiler thread I don't see any reason why not to state this, in issue two Angel straight up lays Spike out, something I've personally been waiting to see since the cup of perpetual torment episode. I think it's a pretty strong statement that Angel is only on one 1 of the 5 different alternate covers of the second issue of a comic titled after him.

As far as the art goes, it's comic book art. Unlike the Buffy season 8 comics, where the characters are drawn more human, the female characters all look like centerfolds and none of the characters more than superficially resembles the actor/actress that played them. They look like comic book characters.

If by some chance Cordy does show up, I only hope they treat her well. I'm more of a Cordy fan than an A/C shipper, so I'm really neutral on what sort of relationship they could or would depict with her (though sweeping that "one for the road" under the rug would be shockingly out of character, even for Whedon.)

Two issues in, and the only reference I've seen that might be her is the first thing Angel says in the first issue. To paraphrase, W&H killed a girl that opened his eyes and made him take a stand against them. If he's referring to someone else, feel free to correct me. If they do plan on reintroducing Cordy to the story, they may be trying to keep from mentioning her so they can hit us with a surprise ending for an issue. Ironically, we've at least seen a face shot of Cordy in the Buffy comic :P
Dathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #14
Livvie
nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathan View Post
Two issues in, and the only reference I've seen that might be her is the first thing Angel says in the first issue. To paraphrase, W&H killed a girl that opened his eyes and made him take a stand against them. If he's referring to someone else, feel free to correct me.
I think Brian Lynch said very early on that this is referring to Fred. I think it was on the IDW forums. I will see if I can find it again.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #15
Morrigan
Who Da Man?!

WHAT?! Fred opened his eyes to the evil of W&H? Are you kidding me?

That makes no sense, espeically in light of "You're Welcome" which was supposed to be the defining moment of S5 and Angel opening his eyes to what he agreed to at the end of S4.

Livvie - That wasn't directed at you, just the idiots behind the comic